The REFS and Stern are clearly to blame

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

The REFS and Stern are clearly to blame

First of all I'm DONE WATCHING THE NBA. The refs stole this series from our Cs and they were HORRIBLE AGAIN last night in game 7. It's ridiculous that a team that plays as a TEAM has to lose to such a collection of d bags like the Heat. I swear last nights game 7 was déjà vu from game 7 vs the Lakers 2 years ago. The better TEAM lost both times because of the REFS. THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS OF BOSTON AND OUR CLASSY FANS. NO ONE DENIES THIS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: The REFS and Stern are clearly to blame

The mystery call to me was the moving screen on Steamsma in the second quarter when Ray hit yet another 3 to put the Celts up 12 or so but the call negated that and Maimi comes down to score, so instead of up 12 the Cs were up 7. The call was made off camera, so I never saw it, but Doc quickly removed Steamsma and brought in Hollins who was moving better than Steamsma anyway. I think KG ditched out at the end because the refs were fing with him (as they had done with Paul in other games) and it was his way of saying f off. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

bellhorn, as a real fan I am more than willing to put up (and ultimately ignore) the riducule of mean-spirited, unstable trolls such as yourself. Now back on ignore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Yea, and PP occasionally handing the ball to ? Wade and all of his shots were short...that's the refs.   KG not hitting his wide open shots and not hitting his turnaround post shots...that's the refs.   RR throwing the ball all around to the other team in the 2nd half...that's the refs.   Bass on LBJ who kept driving past him like he was in HS...that's the refs.    Peitrus continuing to miss all open jumpers...that's the refs.   Doc not trying MD instead of unable to shoot Peitrus and unable to guard LBJ Bass...that's the refs.   When PP losing the ball or unable to shoot and then looking bewildered...that's the refs.   The no offensive boarding (Bass did try), the non boxing out...all the refs fault!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: The REFS and Stern are clearly to blame:
       Yea, and PP occasionally handing the ball to ? Wade and all of his shots were short...that's the refs.   KG not hitting his wide open shots and not hitting his turnaround post shots...that's the refs.   RR throwing the ball all around to the other team in the 2nd half...that's the refs.   Bass on LBJ who kept driving past him like he was in HS...that's the refs.    Peitrus continuing to miss all open jumpers...that's the refs.   Doc not trying MD instead of unable to shoot Peitrus and unable to guard LBJ Bass...that's the refs.   When PP losing the ball or unable to shoot and then looking bewildered...that's the refs.   The no offensive boarding (Bass did try), the non boxing out...all the refs fault!
    Posted by docc

All that happened, but it is also true that fouls, thier timing, the number of fouls on a player, etc., all have an effect on the game; whether they are right or wrong fouls. I don't think the NBA is fixed, but I do think it has a real hierarchy of fouls based on the players rep (superstar, rookie stiff, etc.) and the home cooking is obviously real since that has been quantified. The Celts lost last night because they had nothing left, just as Doc said and as your critism of their play suggests.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

No doubt the heat won the second half fair and square.

I'm equally convinced that, had the game been called fair, the c's would have had a 20pt lead at halftime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

The refs definitely receive instructions. Was any Celts fan happy to see Joey Crawford? The best they have to offer?
    I have been done with the NBA for a while. Too much cult of personality.
    I will enjoy reading about the Thunder beating the Heat, but I don't want to witness it.
    I have never seen that offensive foul call before, when KG pivoted and bumped Rondo's guy. It clearly gave him an advantage, but after a rebound I used to pivot to create space. I bumped people. Never got called for that.
    I am not comparing myself to KG. Just saying I guess I don't know the rules.

Sections
Shortcuts