The Remaining 28 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

The Remaining 28 games

We have 28 games left after the All-Star break. Let's take a look at the 28 games and see if we can make a prediction.

In the remaining 28 games, we have

17 on the road;  11 at home.

12 against Western teams;  16 against Eastern teams.

All games in April are against Eastern teams, 4 away and 4 at home.

3 of the games in April are against Atlanta, Chicago, and Miami.

The schedule is not bad considering we have all Eastern teams in April, and we already own the top opponents, Atlanta, Chicago, and Miami.

So my prediction for the remaining 28 games is: 
    20 - 8

Overall prediction:  60 - 22

What do you think?

If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Re: The Remaining 28 games

I'm a bit more optimistic. they'll be healthier and refreshed after the allstar break, and they'll be motivated to get homecourt advantage over miami.

I reckon we can go 23-5, like we started the season, for a 63-19 record

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

One game at a time. Healthier i hope so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Looking at the schedule, 21 and 7 for a 61 and 21 record.  I believe they may lose one or two at the end because the race for home court advantage will be over and the Celts will rest people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I'm not as optimistic, 58-24 and no HC. Hope I'm wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It all comes down to health...How many games against over .500 teams and how many back to back...but  60 games and hc would be nice...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

6 back to backs in final 19 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: The Remaining 28 games:
    It all comes down to health...How many games against over .500 teams and how many back to back...but  60 games and hc would be nice...
    Posted by Ortiz123

Agree with you.  Health is the most important factor to me.  Can Shaq and Delonte remain healthy for the remainder of the season?  Are the other injured players going to be healthy for the playoffs?  It also depends on whether any trades are made and if we have any new injuries during the remainder of the season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I'm a bit more optimistic. they'll be healthier and refreshed after the allstar break, and they'll be motivated to get homecourt advantage over miami. I reckon we can go 23-5, like we started the season, for a 63-19 record
    Posted by teh-n00b

It's Always Good To Be Optimistic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Lot of roadgames, six back to backs as was already mentioned, and as is always the case with  RR & the Geriatrics, the health of all those knees, ankles, backs, hammys, etc.

18-10

Maybe more if DA pulls a rabbit out of his buyout hat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If they go 18-10 there will be no home court advantage in the East finals.  The Celtics must win the East to avoid two power house teams in 2nd round and conference championship.  I guess that would either be Chicago or Orlando in the 2nd round.  I would prefer Orlando over the Bulls.  Let Miami battle it out with them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

If they go 18-10 there will be no home court advantage in the East finals.  The Celtics must win the East to avoid two power house teams in 2nd round and conference championship.  I guess that would either be Chicago or Orlando in the 2nd round.  I would prefer Orlando over the Bulls.  Let Miami battle it out with them.
    Posted by jdm894g

I am with you. The Celtics really need to finish on top just to avoid a stubborn team in the second round which might be Chicago. I also agree with you that Orlando will be much easier to meet in the second round than Chicago.

Chicago is just stubborn and they have aspiring group that have a lot to prove. So, we really need to finish on top, and I think we will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

They are motivated to get homecourt advantage and they are getting healthy(knock on wood), so 20-8 sounds attainable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

In Response to The Remaining 28 games:
    We have 28 games left after the All-Star break. Let's take a look at the 28 games and see if we can make a prediction. In the remaining 28 games, we have 17 on the road;  11 at home. 12 against Western teams;  16 against Eastern teams. All games in April are against Eastern teams, 4 away and 4 at home. 3 of the games in April are against Atlanta, Chicago, and Miami. The schedule is not bad considering we have all Eastern teams in April, and we already own the top opponents, Atlanta, Chicago, and Miami. So my prediction for the remaining 28 games is:  20 - 8 Overall prediction:  60 - 22 What do you think? If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028

Exactly what I was thinking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: The Remaining 28 games : It's Always Good To Be Optimistic. If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028

Cheers, Chief

Is it wrong that mentally I always read your posts in aslan's voice?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If we have Delonte and Semih back (hopefully Shaq too), we have a chance to distance ourselves from the field in the next 12 games starting tomorrow vs GS.  We have 12 extremely winnable games coming up (only two teams above .500).  We have to focus on home court and play to win these games.  I anticipate our toughest game in this 4 game west coast swing will be vs the Clippers.  We should beat GS tomorrow and Denver may be in flux with a Melo trade on Feb 24.  Utah has taken a huge step back since Sloan quit and I hope they there when we come to town.  That would be a winnable game too.  Therefore I think the Clippers game might be our toughest.

After this 4 game west coast swing, I can see us winning the next 8 easily.  If we are really serious about needing home court, I expect to see some focused basketball over the next few weeks.

However, if we play down to the level of our opponents, it will be a waste of a 12-game opportunity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebostonjam. Show thebostonjam's posts

Shaq needs to be healthy, and they need to go after a solid bench player in the free agent market 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

If we have Delonte and Semih back (hopefully Shaq too), we have a chance to distance ourselves from the field in the next 12 games starting tomorrow vs GS.  We have 12 extremely winnable games coming up (only two teams above .500).  We have to focus on home court and play to win these games.  I anticipate our toughest game in this 4 game west coast swing will be vs the Clippers.  We should beat GS tomorrow and Denver may be in flux with a Melo trade on Feb 24.  Utah has taken a huge step back since Sloan quit and I hope they there when we come to town.  That would be a winnable game too.  Therefore I think the Clippers game might be our toughest. After this 4 game west coast swing, I can see us winning the next 8 easily.  If we are really serious about needing home court, I expect to see some focused basketball over the next few weeks. However, if we play down to the level of our opponents, it will be a waste of a 12-game opportunity.
    Posted by Petey62

Very insightful post.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

let's win at GS tues night. what's it been... eight, nine years?

the four stops on this trip resulted in 7 losses over the last two years. Cs definitely have their work cut out. should be an interesting and revealing week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Thought I'd bump up this old thread on how the Celtic's would fare after the All-Star break.  We are now halfway through the 28 game second half.
    Celt's are a pedestrian 9-5.
    I'll stick with my prediction of 18-10 because of tired muscles,bones, and mental fatigue.
    That's 58-24 for the regular season.
    Any other predictions?

Sections
Shortcuts