The Road to the Finals

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: The Road to the Finals

In Response to The Road to the Finals:
    [QUOTE]NY and Miami all have something the Celtics needed from the Perk trade, a SF. Turned out to be Jeff Green. Think about it, Melo, Lebron, and Deng if the Celts and Bulls meet in the ECF. If the Celtics didn't make a move then by the 2nd round of the playoffs Paul Pierce would already be burned out.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I see you are not as giddy today. Must have been rough yesterday when you got the news on Bynum? Especially, after I told you so. Tongue out

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Bynum's knee in question again

posted at 4/13/2011 10:39 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7f55753848dead56fcea3701229e681a&plckUserId=7f55753848dead56fcea3701229e681a">
    First: 3/24/2011
    Last: 4/14/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a95710a76-f2a4-413a-a6e8-691530fc8f69&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:95710a76-f2a4-413a-a6e8-691530fc8f69Post:f4d675a9-4f77-4eaf-bb1d-dddcf508ac6c">Re: Bynum's knee in question again:
    In Response to Re: Bynum's knee in question again : I am not in denial. I am basing my opinions on reality. I am no orthopedic doctor, but a player knows his body better than anyone else, and if Bynum is saying these things, then I have no reason to doubt it. I am not a gambling man, but if Bynum was putting full weight on his knee hours after the injury, then I would suspect he will be ready when the playoffs start for the Lakers on Sunday. You probably are wondering why I say Sunday and not Saturday? The reason being is that the Lakers are PRIMETIME, and they will be in the TV spot that will attract the most viewers. Enjoy living in your hope of injury to a rival player. Pathetic.
    Posted by Tayshawn

IF IT HELPS YOU SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT THEN BY ALL MEANS, GO AHEAD AND 

DENY!!!

HAHAHA!!!

You ask, and you shall receive. Tongue out  Do you like my accurateness about the LAKER game being on Sunday afternoon?  I surprise myself sometimes at my geniusness.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Road to the Finals : I see you are not as giddy today. Must have been rough yesterday when you got the news on Bynum? Especially, after I told you so.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

I think Bynum will get punked by Shaq if he is healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : I think Bynum will get punked by Shaq if he is healthy.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Certainly would if it was a donut eating competition!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Bynum's knee in question again posted at 4/13/2011 10:39 AM EDT  Re: Bynum's knee in question again : In Response to Re: Bynum's knee in question again : I am not in denial. I am basing my opinions on reality. I am no orthopedic doctor, but a player knows his body better than anyone else, and if Bynum is saying these things, then I have no reason to doubt it. I am not a gambling man, but if Bynum was putting full weight on his knee hours after the injury, then I would suspect he will be ready when the playoffs start for the Lakers on Sunday. You probably are wondering why I say Sunday and not Saturday? The reason being is that the Lakers are PRIMETIME, and they will be in the TV spot that will attract the most viewers. Enjoy living in your hope of injury to a rival player. Pathetic. Posted by Tayshawn IF IT HELPS YOU SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT THEN BY ALL MEANS, GO AHEAD AND  DENY!!! HAHAHA!!! You ask, and you shall receive.   Do you like my accurateness about the LAKER game being on Sunday afternoon?  I surprise myself sometimes at my geniusness.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

He never said that Bynum would be out, what did that prove? haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : He never said that Bynum would be out, what did that prove? haha
    Posted by NaturesCamo[/QUOTE]

Last year in the finals Bynum was at about 30% of potential and in game 1 he scored 21 points, had 14 boards, and 7 blocks.... good thing Perk is the best post defender in the league.... lmao.......  amazing how people love to assign the "best post defender in the league" and ignore Howard and Bynum.......

Anyway, the Lakers won the title with a minimally effective Bynum and the only team in the league that is better than last year in the west is OKC and IMO the only real challenge to the Lakers.

The only real chance of an upset in the east is the Hawks over the Magic and that leaves the Cs playing the Heat and then the Bulls if they can go that far.  I don't think they can get past the Heat, I thought they could with a healthy Shaq and D West but without them both being healthy, I see a series between the Cs and Heat that looks a lot like the last Heat game.

Another thing that I find very funny is that the Cs apparently have some sort of distinct advantage at the point guard with Rondo..... LeBron is the best point guard in the league, there is no advantage at the point guard.  When Michael and Scottie were the point guards of da Bulls John Stockton had a distinct advantage at the point but was largely irrelevant when push came to shove...........  Rondo has no advantage against Miami, imo he is a liability because he can't shoot and Pierce is the point forward, and of course he is a gigantic liability against Rose should they get that far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : Last year in the finals Bynum was at about 30% of potential and in game 1 he scored 21 points, had 14 boards, and 7 blocks.... good thing Perk is the best post defender in the league.... lmao.......  amazing how people love to assign the "best post defender in the league" and ignore Howard and Bynum....... Anyway, the Lakers won the title with a minimally effective Bynum and the only team in the league that is better than last year in the west is OKC and IMO the only real challenge to the Lakers. The only real chance of an upset in the east is the Hawks over the Magic and that leaves the Cs playing the Heat and then the Bulls if they can go that far.  I don't think they can get past the Heat, I thought they could with a healthy Shaq and D West but without them both being healthy, I see a series between the Cs and Heat that looks a lot like the last Heat game. Another thing that I find very funny is that the Cs apparently have some sort of distinct advantage at the point guard with Rondo..... LeBron is the best point guard in the league, there is no advantage at the point guard.  When Michael and Scottie were the point guards of da Bulls John Stockton had a distinct advantage at the point but was largely irrelevant when push came to shove...........  Rondo has no advantage against Miami, imo he is a liability because he can't shoot and Pierce is the point forward, and of course he is a gigantic liability against Rose should they get that far.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    why on earth is this a response to me??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : why on earth is this a response to me??
    Posted by NaturesCamo[/QUOTE]

Sorry just the next response in the thread....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : Last year in the finals Bynum was at about 30% of potential and in game 1 he scored 21 points, had 14 boards, and 7 blocks.... good thing Perk is the best post defender in the league.... lmao.......  amazing how people love to assign the "best post defender in the league" and ignore Howard and Bynum....... Anyway, the Lakers won the title with a minimally effective Bynum and the only team in the league that is better than last year in the west is OKC and IMO the only real challenge to the Lakers. The only real chance of an upset in the east is the Hawks over the Magic and that leaves the Cs playing the Heat and then the Bulls if they can go that far.  I don't think they can get past the Heat, I thought they could with a healthy Shaq and D West but without them both being healthy, I see a series between the Cs and Heat that looks a lot like the last Heat game. Another thing that I find very funny is that the Cs apparently have some sort of distinct advantage at the point guard with Rondo..... LeBron is the best point guard in the league, there is no advantage at the point guard.  When Michael and Scottie were the point guards of da Bulls John Stockton had a distinct advantage at the point but was largely irrelevant when push came to shove...........  Rondo has no advantage against Miami, imo he is a liability because he can't shoot and Pierce is the point forward, and of course he is a gigantic liability against Rose should they get that far.
    Of course Rondo is an advantage, yes Lebron is a great passer but it's all in the matchups and clearly Rondo />Chalmers or Bibby.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course Rondo is an advantage, yes Lebron is a great passer but it's all in the matchups and clearly Rondo />Chalmers or Bibby

That match up didn't help us last Sunday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I mean this is the last trip with these boys all together. I don't want to be hearing "Man Pierce was burned out" because their is no excuses about fatigue now as they are going in for another banner.

Rondo is a huge mismatch in the first two rounds. If he can't get going the first series could get really rough. I do think though he will get out of it and go into postseason mode like he normally does.

My biggest concern is still rebounding. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : If Shaq and JO are able to play then the rebounding will improve. 

Jermaine has been in at times and not been able to clean up the glass. Shaq will def be able to help clean up.

I am looking for a lot of better efforts from everyone whos starting in that area as thats the only way it will truely trickle down to the bench. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to The Road to the Finals:
    [QUOTE]NY and Miami all have something the Celtics needed from the Perk trade, a SF. Turned out to be Jeff Green. Think about it, Melo, Lebron, and Deng if the Celts and Bulls meet in the ECF. If the Celtics didn't make a move then by the 2nd round of the playoffs Paul Pierce would already be burned out.

Pierce wasn't burned out last year and he played Lebron, Artest, and Turkoglu.  In any case, the trade is done now.  So, we have what we have.  I hope Green helps as much as you think he will, but this is going to come down to Shaq and Rondo.  Ray, Paul, and KG will be consistent and as good as we expect.  Rondo and Shaq are the unknowns and we don't know what to expect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I just checked out the box score for last year's game #1

Bynum...

28 minutes
    10 points
     6  rebounds
     0  blocks

....unless I'm mistaken, those are his stats according to the site I checked.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : SHOW PROOF THAT I SAID BYNUM WILL BE OUT FOR THE PLAYOFFS!  I DARE YOU!

It was implied.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Road to the Finals : Pierce wasn't burned out last year and he played Lebron, Artest, and Turkoglu.  In any case, the trade is done now.  So, we have what we have.  I hope Green helps as much as you think he will, but this is going to come down to Shaq and Rondo.  Ray, Paul, and KG will be consistent and as good as we expect.  Rondo and Shaq are the unknowns and we don't know what to expect.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

For some reason I remember Piece really fatigued last year while taking some shots toward the end of the game but I might be mixing that up with the Magic series when KG was out.

I hope Greens defense takes a turn for the best because its been sorta wishy washy. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

P...34

There are alway trades and substitutions. It is hard to believe that the Celtics would have had a worse record if they had done nothing at all until the injured starters came back. Even if the Celtics picked up a free agent back up for Pierce with out a trade, it is likely that the Celtic record would not be any worse than it is now.

As I have said before, and I hope that I will not say at the end of the play-offs, but Ainge will be the equivalent of Bill Buckner if the Cs do not win the title.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I just took a look at Bynum's line for last year's Finals....played all 7 games

ave mpg 25......compared to career total of 24 and season total of 28

ave ppg  7.4.....compared to 10.5 and 11.3

ave rpg   5.1.....compared to  7.1 and   9.4

ave bpg  1.3.....compared to  1.5  and  2.0.....note he did have 7 in game 2
                                                                    totalled 2 over the other 6 games

Andrew Bynum contributed but certainly did NOT dominate!!

Sections
Shortcuts