The Road to the Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: The Road to the Finals

The march to the finals is going to be the hardest for any top 4 seed in either conference, but our core 4 know that this will likely define their legacy as celtics. KG has expressed his confidence in this team, with shaq on the floor, as the best he's been on. I expect we come out like animals and embarass the knicks. The heat series will be about tempo, but we have a distinct advantage in close games (they always choke). If we can beat the heat, I fully expect us to make it back to the finals

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals:
    [QUOTE]The march to the finals is going to be the hardest for any top 4 seed in either conference, but our core 4 know that this will likely define their legacy as celtics. KG has expressed his confidence in this team, with shaq on the floor, as the best he's been on. I expect we come out like animals and embarass the knicks. The heat series will be about tempo, but we have a distinct advantage in close games (they always choke). If we can beat the heat, I fully expect us to make it back to the finals
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

The Heat have the best defense in the league and made a statement last week against the Cs.  Not sure how that just evaporates all of a sudden.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : The Heat have the best defense in the league and made a statement last week against the Cs.  Not sure how that just evaporates all of a sudden.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    you neglect the difference between the reg season and the second round of the playoffs, dudder. same lapse for you here last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : It was implied.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

And you have implied Shaq would be out for the playoffs... so what? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : The Heat have the best defense in the league and made a statement last week against the Cs.  Not sure how that just evaporates all of a sudden.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

NO. They have not been the league's best defense. The best defense in the league has belonged to the Bulls, followed by the Celtics. The Heat, have the 5th best defense in the league. 

The heat are dangerous, don't get me wrong but so are the Celtics. particularly if Shaq is able to play. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Even at 5th in the league, I believe the Heat's defense is overrated. Having league pass, I watched a good bit of their games this year. Part of their success is really pummelling bad teams, many of which are ill equipped to deal with 2 players the caliber of james and wade. I still believe that the celtics matchup well with them at the 2 and 3 positions, and should exploit 1,4,5 and the heat's lack of a bench. Mailing it in against them didn't help the outlook of the playoff series, but it's still important to note that the heat really don't have a lot of stuff that they run as far as half-court offense goes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Even at 5th in the league, I believe the Heat's defense is overrated. Having league pass, I watched a good bit of their games this year. Part of their success is really pummelling bad teams, many of which are ill equipped to deal with 2 players the caliber of james and wade. I still believe that the celtics matchup well with them at the 2 and 3 positions, and should exploit 1,4,5 and the heat's lack of a bench. Mailing it in against them didn't help the outlook of the playoff series, but it's still important to note that the heat really don't have a lot of stuff that they run as far as half-court offense goes.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

I agree (although they do still scare me.)  Even in that last game we played with Miami their starters outscored our starters by only 3 points. 

It was their bench that pounded our bench. I'm not sure that will hapen over a 7 game series. especially, if we have Shaq back and JO in the second unit. 

I am still afraid of them (i'm afraid of all the good teams) because it is always possible for wade or james to just get really hot, but we matchup well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]P...34 There are alway trades and substitutions. It is hard to believe that the Celtics would have had a worse record if they had done nothing at all until the injured starters came back. Even if the Celtics picked up a free agent back up for Pierce with out a trade, it is likely that the Celtic record would not be any worse than it is now. As I have said before, and I hope that I will not say at the end of the play-offs, but Ainge will be the equivalent of Bill Buckner if the Cs do not win the title.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

I agree that a trade was necessary after the injury to Marquis.  I still don't believe that trading Perk was the solution.  Why couldn't Ainge have traded some combination of the players that were traded for a replacement to Marquis?  That has been my argument since this trade happened.   The Celtics have to at least make it to the Eastern Conference finals or Ainge will take the blame for it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: The Road to the Finals : And you have implied Shaq would be out for the playoffs... so what? 
    Posted by jtkl

No, I only said you wouldn't get major minutes out of him. But right now, he's not starting game one. Like I said, I wouldn't "bet the rent" on Shaq.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts