The Rondo Issue.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

Re: The Rondo Issue.

Its all about heart and effort right now with all the players.
    The new guys are really giving it their all and should play more, maybe just not all at once.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

What is going on with Rondo ?

I think he's one of the most unique players I've ever seen. His game reminds me of a young Jason Kidd and in my mind, that puts him in the catagory of a Hall of Famer.

BUT:

I think the original poster is on to something.

Is he injured and trying to play through it ?
    Is he having personal issues ?
    Is he clashing with his co-workers ?
    Is he still angry about the Perk deal ?
    Did his name come up in trade talks and did it get back to him ?

Did Danny try to land Deron Williams ?
    Or Chris Paul ?

Remember what came out after the playoffs (2 seasons ago when KG was injured) about him being late and having to be talked to by Doc and Danny ?

Isn't it weird how Rondo's free throw shooting has gotten so bad ?

What does Shaq think of Rondo ? As a person I mean. Shaq has seen it all, has Shaq tried to sit down with Rondo ?

What IS going on with Rondo that we don't know about ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Acie - You're getting to be like Dudder.  Your very long tirades about Rondo have made your point over and over and over (and then over, again).  We see how you feel, man.  Rondo gets a lot of criticism from a lot of people here (me included) so I don't knwo why you say in your post above that when he screws up, some how its ok.  Where in the world do you get that?  

I agree with you that BBD gets criticized too easily but I cannot agree with you that this board gives Rondo some kind of pass....  Rondo gets it hard from us.  But, you take it way further than the kid deserves, my man.  Ease up, buddy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue.:
    Acie - You're getting to be like Dudder.  Your very long tirades about Rondo have made your point over and over and over (and then over, again).  We see how you feel, man.  Rondo gets a lot of criticism from a lot of people here (me included) so I don't knwo why you say in your post above that when he screws up, some how its ok.  Where in the world do you get that?   I agree with you that BBD gets criticized too easily but I cannot agree with you that this board gives Rondo some kind of pass....  Rondo gets it hard from us.  But, you take it way further than the kid deserves, my man.  Ease up, buddy.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

it was casually offered up by whoever posted what i commented on as a valid excuse.  all i'm sayin is that it isn't an excuse.  a lot of people come on this board and blindly support rondo like he is some sort of rare treasure and nobody should dare comment on him in anything but glowing praise. 

am i really "over the line"?  maybe i make up for those who don't give a rat's @ss?

i guess i pine for the old days in this league where you either had fundamentals and played or you found another job.  that's how it used to be. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : He misses Perk because with him he was never the poorest offensive player on the court.
    Posted by jallen3531

Hey, i liked that one!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Acie's hateful bullcr@p gets worse and worse.

"Rondo is lazy on defense."  This is the same Rondo who was voted by NBA coaches to the first team of the All-Defensive Team.

"He looks bored, uninterested."  Maybe he does to you, Acie, but that says more about you than about Rondo.  Everyone else who "knows the game" thinks that he keeps a poker face, no matter how well or poorly the game is going.

Acie thinks Rondo's game fell apart after game 2 in the finals.  Apparently that near triple-double in game 6 continues to escape his notice.

"This kid who has developed nothing in his game ....."  This is so wrong that it is laughable.  Let me count the ways:

1)  Rondo is now a much better jump shooter than he was for his first four years. 

2)  His assist rate has improved every year he has been in the league. 

3)  His assists to turnovers ration has greatly improved from his first year. 

4)  He is leading the league in assists for the first time. 

5)  His steal total jumped so high last year that he led the league - something he had not previously done. 

6)  He has been chosen for the All-Star game.  That didn't happen for his first three years. 

7)  He was voted by the NBA head coaches to the first team All-Defensive Team for the first time last year. 

8)  His leadership of this vet-laden team has grown exponentially. 

9)  Even the very good court vision he had in his first year has improved since then.

Despite all the above, Acie still seriously believes Rondo "has developed nothing in his game."  And then he touts his own "knowledge of the game".  Give it up, man.  It's getting embarrassing.  You are in danger of slipping into Dudder-land.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Despite all the above, Acie still seriously believes Rondo "has developed nothing in his game."  And then he touts his own "knowledge of the game".  Give it up, man.  It's getting embarrassing.  You are in danger of slipping into Dudder-land.
    Posted by jerrycole

jerry, you are very happy about steals.  the only issue is that the steals come in a most detrimental manner.  gambling gambling gambling.  and the rate of gambling and losing vs. gambling and winning for steals is about 30-40% of the time there is a steal. 

the rest of the time there is rondo's man steaming toward the bucket with the world wide open for him to shoot or dish once he attracts the help defender.  this is how deandre jordan looks like wilt chamberlain against us!!  don't bruise yourself using any deductive reasoning though, Jerry.

that's how it's bad defense.  it makes it even worse that rondo is so fast he doesn't have to gamble to get steals.  but he is too lazy to bend his knees and just stay in front of his man and knock the ball away when he's in front of his man, not reaching around wildly after his man blows by.

jerry, frankly i'm exhausted of you.  you have your views but they are couched in fantasy- you sound more and more like a rabid liberal who can't tell that spending trillions won't do the country any good.  i can't argue with this mentality  rondo's jump shot has improved dramatically, eh?  and that is contrary to the free throw shot that is career low and lower every year.  you make no sense.  big xhocker.

i don't have time for this garbage.  i think for myself so don't bother duddering me either, it's not a valid mode of pea brained censorship either.  i'm ready to believe you jerry, you just have to make some sense.    all you come up with is steals and assists.  we know the damaging ways how he gets the steals and why he gets so many assists.  yawn.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

I don't have problem with Acie and Karl how they feel about Rondo. They have a right to voice their opinion - right or wrong.
    It's not hateful issue.

If I decided to dislike a player because of their skill & demeanor, I would like to be known and suggest a trade. I like a stand up man not just being a charlatan.

When you suggest a trade or swap, its an ultimate arguiment.
    I'm waiting for them to say "get rid of Rondo" like I stand up getting rid of Perk.

: RONDO LAZY ON DEFENSE
       RONDO IS MOODY
       RONDO IS BORED
       RONDO MISSED HIS MANLOVE PERK
       .....and so on....just erritate everyone 'cause we have only  few remaining games. We have to go with Rondo do or die.  

At least Dudder suggesting there are many PG who can replace Rondo.
    It's an ultimate arguiment - noticed how much trash Dudder got?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : jerry, you are very happy about steals.  the only issue is that the steals come in a most detrimental manner.  gambling gambling gambling.  and the rate of gambling and losing vs. gambling and winning for steals is about 30-40% of the time there is a steal.  the rest of the time there is rondo's man steaming toward the bucket with the world wide open for him to shoot or dish once he attracts the help defender.  this is how deandre jordan looks like wilt chamberlain against us!!  don't bruise yourself using any deductive reasoning though, Jerry. that's how it's bad defense.  it makes it even worse that rondo is so fast he doesn't have to gamble to get steals.  but he is too lazy to bend his knees and just stay in front of his man and knock the ball away when he's in front of his man, not reaching around wildly after his man blows by. jerry, frankly i'm exhausted of you.  you have your views but they are couched in fantasy- you sound more and more like a rabid liberal who can't tell that spending trillions won't do the country any good.  i can't argue with this mentality  rondo's jump shot has improved dramatically, eh?  and that is contrary to the free throw shot that is career low and lower every year.  you make no sense.  big xhocker. i don't have time for this garbage.  i think for myself so don't bother duddering me either, it's not a valid mode of pea brained censorship either.  i'm ready to believe you jerry, you just have to make some sense.    all you come up with is steals and assists.  we know the damaging ways how he gets the steals and why he gets so many assists.  yawn.
    Posted by aciemvp

Acie: Once you get past J/C's well aimed taunts, everything else falls apart.

He raises the "you must be dudder" strawman argument shamelessly. That's all he has. That's his bait.

He should never, ever be taken seriously enough to engage.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : Acie: Once you get past J/C's well aimed taunts, everything else falls apart. He raises the "you must be dudder" strawman argument shamelessly. That's all he has. That's his bait. He should never, ever be taken seriously enough to engage. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

you're right.  i'm tired of this arguement.  then you take the time to use facts to refute the absolute sludge that people bring forth as arguments and you're accused of being repetitive.  i'll let others handle the rondo issue from now on.  rondo's basic stats combined with his visible horrid defense and other things you can glean from simply watching a game speak for themselves.

Sections
Shortcuts