The Rondo Issue.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: The Rondo Issue.

Maybe he just needs a 'MAN HUG'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue.:
    Rondo has plenty of time to establish greatness as a player. The year is still young.  The concern should be is he injured and unable to play up to his physical abilities. The other injuries on the Celtics and new additions have also made it hard for Rondo to play like he was earlier in the season.  All the speculation about his anger over the trade of Perk.  Just is not known definitively.    Let's see if they sit him more and try to get him healthy, if they do we will know if he was really injured.
    Posted by concord27

The year isn't young... but his career still is.

He has to shake this injury thing. Otherwise, he has major problems playing at a high level once he loses a step.

Once the fastball pitcher loses his heater, he better have another pitch or two he can use as an out pitch. Otherwise, he is toast.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Che, Rondo almost posted a triple double last game..Youre missing the point.

I'm not missing the point Karl.
    Rondo is the only point guard we got---NOTHING ELSE.
    He is one of the best after Chris Paul and Rose.
    Everyone can gripes the whole day and not gonna change the scenario.

After Paul and Rose, who is there you wanna take a chance to be our PG?
    Who is there to quarterback our big 3?

If the answer is none ---- then stop the gripes.
    If you are willing to swap him to say Brandon Jenning or Randy Foye
        or anyone then you can gripes.

When I talk about my dissatisfaction with Perk, I wanna be known - I want to trade Perk.
    If you don't like the PG, let it be known and suggest a trade not just gripes
    that don't accomplish anything. There are only a handful of games left.

Consistency vs inconsistency a big F**ng word and misguided meaning.
    No one is born consistent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Laker Nation,
    I saw your cute little picture of you wearing your championship hat and your face hidden from view.  Do your parents know about you internet activities?  Your biting commentary places your age at 17 to 18.  Find something else to do with your time young man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : As far as I know, only Dudder was the original person who disagree with everyone here in regards to Rondo. All of a sudden, it grew from one to another (including you). What am asking, was, why if someone like Dudder tells you the ill wind of Rondo, its hard for someone to accept. Your gripes with Rondo is similar to the  original gripes of Dudder.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

dudder leads nothing.  my eyes and knowledge of basketball lead my thought patterns.  if dudder incidentally has some of the same points on rondo then that's not my fault.  i find dudder to be the most mundane and boring poster ever to lay his keyboard on this board.  i never copy and paste old messages like he does.  what's the point.

it's not just a few people che.  there are at least 10 people who regularly express their issues with rondo on this board.  long time posters.  and come to think of it, none of them like dudder, who is not likeable. 

so i don't think any of them are trying to emulate duddler. 

free thought and the power of analysis mixed with actual knowledge of a sport are a great thing!!  the fact that so many people come to the same conclusion should tell you something, something other than we are dudder-copiers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : Che, Rondo almost posted a triple double last game..Youre missing the point. We know ROndo is inconsistent with his offense, he may have 2-3 real good games and then 1 or 2 poor ones.. My point is Rondo getting a double/double or 13 assists doesnt change what hes doing on defense. Naturally, if we win the next game, most people focus on the players that made it happen..KG got 14 rebs, PP scored 26, Rondos 14 assists, Rays 5 3's..... Most may not notice and mention the other things.  Just saying, having a good offensive game doesnt change things... although I do agree with you many overlook things when you win
    Posted by Karllost

oh stop this duddercopying of your thoughts!!  do you dress like dudder?  same haircut?

this is what che will accuse you of.  but what he doesn't realize is that a growing herd of people on this board and EVERYWHERE do not excuse rondo from playing horrible defense on a regular basis, never improving his other fundamentals, many of which demonstrable by regressive statistical patterns.

the real tragedy with rondo is that IF he simply got to be a passable free throw shooter through some good old fashioned hard work that obviously hasn't happened yet, and then bent his knees and got low and played sound fundamental defense, he'd be one of the best guards in the game.

but for whatever constructively defiant reasons, he chooses the lazy way out of working on his shot, working on playing defense.  the real tragedy is that this guy CAN PLAY SOLID DEFENSE- remember what he did to lebron?  he got down low and stayed in front of lebron- why just for one game??!!  why can't rondo do this every game? 

answer: because he doesn't want to.

why hasn't rondo conquered the freebie and the jumper?  answer: he doesn't want to.

so it's only rondo holding rondo back from being the best PG in the league and a perennial MVP candidate.  and that's not my or any other poster's fault, we're just noting the painfully obvious!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

One thing that has been very predictable, for instance, is Rondo's performance in the playoffs.  In nearly every playoff series he has been in, he has played extremely well.  Even in last year's finals, he had a triple double and missed another in the sixth game by 2 rebounds.  Posted by jerrycole

jerry, are you an old school hippey who is still on the drugs?  check the finals from games 3-7 last year. that's when rondo predictably fell apart.  he shot 20% free throws through this stretch of time and didn't average 10 pts a game.  he averaged over 3.5 turnovers through this stretch.  his game fell apart..... because of 20% free throws and no confidence.

why'd all that happen?  because he hasn't done his work on his shot in the off season.  the lad remains inconsistent into his fifth year in the league!  when will this stop?  did we not pay him enough on the extension to work on his fundamentals and fight through picks on D?

rondo did very well up until his free throw shot ran out of nerve.  and then he promptly disintegrated.  you go count up the makes and the takes and tell me what he shot last year games 3-7 in the finals from the CHARITY STRIPE where the clock is off, no defenders, except the boogeymen in your head. 

and then name me some point guards who shot 20% free throws during nut cupping time of the nba finals.  sure enough, rondo is one of a kind.  he's the weakest link on an otherwise very fundamentally sound team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rondo hasn't been unpredictable any more than any other NBA player.  Ray Allen, for instance, has been missing in action for the entirety of one year's playoffs.  KG did not play well all of last year.  (Yes, he was injured - it's likely that Rondo is, too.  And despite that he is leading the league in assists, is second in steals, and is fourth in rebounding by PGs.) One thing that has been very predictable, for instance, is Rondo's performance in the playoffs.  In nearly every playoff series he has been in, he has played extremely well.  Even in last year's finals, he had a triple double and missed another in the sixth game by 2 rebounds.  The fourth period of the 7th game was a collapse by the entire team, and no one but the haters can put the blame for that more on Rondo than on the Big Three. As for my six month absence from this forum, you have no idea what you are talking about - just as you don't when you are prattling about the workings of Rondo's mind.  That six months was a very difficult time for me and my family, involving as it did both multiple illnesss and one death.  I don't need to be reminded of it on a basketball forum. In light of all that, you might want to think about giving up your adolescent psychologizing, and stick to talking about basketball. 
    Posted by jerrycole

Not trying to get you going but I know you look into these things.  Is there a stat that shows how many points or assists a guy gets against a certain player?  That would be interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Highest assist per game in the league on the best FG% shooting team in the league.

That is what a point guard is supposed to do....oh yeah, he also has the highest INDIVIDUAL shooting percentage (AGAIN, second straight year) among NBA point guards.  (Better than Derrick Rose, better than Chris Paul, better than Deron Williams, better than Steve Nash)

The comments about Rondo are erroneous, but some people live to hate and denigrate their own team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

God I hope we play Chicago so Rondo can stuff it down Rose's throat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

The boston dot com issue

bad fans

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Che, Rondo almost posted a triple double last game..Youre missing the point. I'm not missing the point Karl. Rondo is the only point guard we got---NOTHING ELSE. He is one of the best after Chris Paul and Rose. Everyone can gripes the whole day and not gonna change the scenario. After Paul and Rose, who is there you wanna take a chance to be our PG? Who is there to quarterback our big 3? If the answer is none ---- then stop the gripes. If you are willing to swap him to say Brandon Jenning or Randy Foye     or anyone then you can gripes. When I talk about my dissatisfaction with Perk, I wanna be known - I want to trade Perk. If you don't like the PG, let it be known and suggest a trade not just gripes that don't accomplish anything. There are only a handful of games left. Consistency vs inconsistency a big F**ng word and misguided meaning. No one is born consistent.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Che, its not a matter of who can we get thats better... that doesnt excuse someone from not hustling or playing to the best of their abilities.. Also, you say theres nobody else to get better, but first you except Rose & CP...

Also, Rondo isnt the only PG on the team, Arroyo is a PG and DW can play it too, if he ever gets healthy

Consistency, heres the issue.. Its not about Ray hitting his open 3's...its not about KG hitting his shots inside the circle... its not PP hitting his elbow shots.. when these guys are missing their shots, its cause they are just missing, its not intentional..

When Rondo fails to put forth the EFFORT on defense, its intentional and dont give me the injury excuse cause Rondo has dogged it defensively long b4 he got hurt (if he even is hurt)

How can anyone really find fault with a player missing shots or any other facet of the game if they are trying their hardest? 

I dont think I need to scream TRADE RONDO because im unhappy with his performance defensively or think theres a better PG in the league. If that were the case, we'd be wanting everyone that wasnt the best at their position to be traded.

Im more interested in seeing him pick it up than trading him.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Danny Ainges own words:

Ainge said that blaming the new players for defensive shortcomings was "an excuse." He continued, "When we were all together I thought one of the worst defensive games we played all year was against Phoenix [in late January]. It's just bad rotations. It's the point of attack. It's how we're defending the pick and roll and it's not any new guys. It's not any new guys. It's guys who have been on the court together in a lot of cases. I think it's effort. I think it's focus."

He added, "A lot of times we don't respect our opponents. You can tell by watching us play the first quarter. You watch the pick and roll in the first quarter, we're not fighting over the screens like we normally do, we're not as close to the shooters as we normally are. You watch the difference between the first quarter and fourth quarter, you see a big difference in our defensive execution. I don't think it has anything to do with know-how.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : Consistency, heres the issue.. Its not about Ray hitting his open 3's...its not about KG hitting his shots inside the circle... its not PP hitting his elbow shots.. when these guys are missing their shots, its cause they are just missing, its not intentional.. When Rondo fails to put forth the EFFORT on defense, its intentional and dont give me the injury excuse cause Rondo has dogged it defensively long b4 he got hurt (if he even is hurt)
    Posted by Karllost

HERE HERE!!! this man has a point!  five years in, a GOOD point guard should be all about consistency from night to night, from skill to skill, from minute to minute!!  the lack of consistent EFFORT by rondo is troubling.

it's defensive, it's offensive effort that is not consistent.  name me some other five year veteran point guards who play possum for 35 games and then lock down lebron?  name me some 5 year vet point guards who play stinko offensively for half a game then turn it on later when they feel like it?

and lastly, name me some 5 year vet PG's who are this inconsistent from the free throw line.  rondo has a had a couple of games this year where he shot 7-9 or better on VOLUME free throws in games.  and then other games where he is meeker than a church mouse, afraid to draw the foul and shoot the free throw.

some of you may enjoy mercurial behavior, others may just turn a blind loving eye to these gaping holes in the game, effort, discipline that rondo has.  but at the end of the day this is all about this team being the best it can be.  and we can't be very much going into the playoffs with a 50% FT shooting PG who is lazy on defense.  the 12 dimes a night doesn't matter.  give jacque vaughan 35 minutes a night and he'll do that too.  but jacque never got 35 becuase he couldn't shoot.

we need consistency.  if we had some then there is no mow williams for 28, no foye for 30, and so on.  these are mediocre-at-best guys who break loose for circus field days against our rondo.  it happens too much.  it doesn't happen every night because sometimes he tries a little bit on D. 

the beauty of consistency in a PG with a vet team is that it sets the table for the older regimented guys to work within an established structure.  believe you me, this is what these guys want at this point in their career.  without consistency, every night is different and variety is not the spice of life for this team, trust me.

this is why you see the vets embracing the consistency that krstic brings with his good hands, solid FT shooting, solid other fundamentals, solid court sense.  he was an afterthought in OKC and now he is a significant piece here.  why?  becuase the vets other than rondo on this team are consistent. 

if only the rondo on this team was consistent.  i know, he's fairly consistent with assists.  so are all pass first PG's when given minutes.  we need consistent everything else starting now.  if we have it then the playoffs are easy.  last year we had inconsistence in the finals from #9.  after game 2 it was like the beatles song #9, not the #9 who we thought we had earlier in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Rondo is bored, plain and simple. That's what I see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

I love Rondo! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo is bored, plain and simple. That's what I see.
    Posted by cshashaty

Maybe he is solving algebra problems in his head... instead of earning his paycheck. Or contemplating Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

When you are the smartest PG in the league, who knows what you do for cerebral stimulation.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : Maybe he is solving algebra problems in his head... instead of earning his paycheck. Or contemplating Einstein's Theory of Relativity. When you are the smartest PG in the league, who knows what you do for cerebral stimulation. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

LMAO!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I don't understand why you don't agree if Dud telling you the ills of Rondo,
        but other than Dud & Pud, it's ok?"

OK, I will explain this to you in a way that may help you to understand. I don't like trolls. One kind of troll is the person that heads to a forum with only one axe to grind. All Dud and Pud do on this forum is hate on Rondo. That's why they are here. That's a troll. I like interacting with real fans, not trolls. 

I don't mind criticism, especially if it is balanced. I like interacting with fans on here that want to talk about many things. Have you ever noticed how Pud and Dud will take a post that has nothing to do with Rondo and turn it into another hateful anti-Rondo thread.. I don't like hate. I don't like trolls.  

Rondo has not played his best basketball lately so it's fair to offer up some criticism. He's also been playing extended minutes due to our lack of depth. Hopefully this will begin to get addresed with Arroyo and hopefully West as well. He's clearly also discouraged about losing Perk and will need to get over that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

"  He's clearly also discouraged about losing Perk and will need to get over that.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

i don't understand why this is acceptable?  it's been a while now.  just peel off a few hundreds from the $10M paycheck and blow your nose and come back to work.

it's not rondo's JOB to be disgruntled or make any other judgement calls about perkins leaving.  especially when you're getting blasted by foye for 30 and now mo williams for 28!!

honestly, i just don't know. my favorite guy on this team is davis and because he is "fat" (the last frontier for outright bigotry and unabated hatred) he gets lambasted on this forum and everywhere at the drop of a hat.  but somehow rondo manages to screw up on defense at least 67% of the time, have other lousy defensive habits, look bored, uninterested most of the time, and now blue because of perk's trade, but somehow that's "ok".

can someone please explain why we give, give, give, give so much leeway to this kid, who has developed nothing in his game.  free throws worse than ever.  defense lazier than ever.  anyone?  why do the mulligans keep getting handed out like candy bars on halloween?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Anyone that has complaints about Rondo regarding tonight's game is insane. He played much better defense - and his offense was very good, especially his shooting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Anyone that has complaints about Rondo regarding tonight's game is insane. He played much better defense - and his offense was very good, especially his shooting.
    Posted by vertigho

What... a 12/5 game for Rondo in 30 minutes? Arroyo got 6/2 in just 7 minutes and played better ball.

Apparently RR got miraculously cured of his plantar fasciitis since the last game.

If I had known that such a thing existed, I would have used PF to beat the draft back in the late 60's. My feet are killin' me doc!

Its a bona fide  $1,000,000 excuse.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Something's definitely off about him and I think, tired as he probably is, that it's more mental than physcial. 
    If Rondo wants to be a leader, he's gonna have to lead by example.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : maybe rondo is doing that because he wants to be traded.......he is the LeQueen of this year........
    Posted by damfuno

By all means, lets accommodate him. Besides just like LBJ, he's really not appreciated here... and underpaid too boot.

Let one of the sad sack lottery teams build a franchise around him in return for some juicy #1 draft choices.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts