the rookie route

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: the rookie route

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

NBA source said #celtics are very high on Indiana's Noah Vonleh and he's moved into preferred group with Aaron Gordon and Marcus Smart

as they should be.....i would love to have any of those 3..add embiid to that list...

[object HTMLDivElement]

Tavares - yes, I think he would be worth it - esp since we have no second round pick

Capela at 17, or he will be gone

I agree with you on Embiid and Vonleh.  As you know, I'm not a big Smart guy - and I hope he's gone by 6 so we don't have to worry about it.

i look at hoopshype mock draft..it has us taking dante exum at #6...if that happen i would go crazy..it would be nice but i don't see it...

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree with Exum even over Embiid.

We seem to agree on many of these things, so I would really like your opinion on something I proposed that's a little out there:

Suppose the first 5 taken are Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Exum and Vonleh.  That leaves Smart, Gordon, Randle  et al.

Based solely on NEED.................I suggested we take a flyer on Nurkic.   He could play right away, he won't be around at 17, and the talent, except for Smart (who is redundant, IMO) is about the same.

What do you think?

It's a thought. But I would take Smart. That kid has the "killer" mentality that spells success in this league. Only question is, will the big payday, 82 game wear and tear, and losing change that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

NBA source said #celtics are very high on Indiana's Noah Vonleh and he's moved into preferred group with Aaron Gordon and Marcus Smart

as they should be.....i would love to have any of those 3..add embiid to that list...

[object HTMLDivElement]

Tavares - yes, I think he would be worth it - esp since we have no second round pick

I agree with you on Embiid and Vonleh.  As you know, I'm not a big Smart guy - and I hope he's gone by 6 so we don't have to worry about it.

i look at hoopshype mock draft..it has us taking dante exum at #6...if that happen i would go crazy..it would be nice but i don't see it...

[object HTMLDivElement]

We seem to agree on many of these things, so I would really like your opinion on something I proposed that's a little out there:

Suppose the first 5 taken are Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Exum and Vonleh.  That leaves Smart, Gordon, Randle  et al.

Based solely on NEED.................I suggested we take a flyer on Nurkic.   He could play right away, he won't be around at 17, and the talent, except for Smart (who is redundant, IMO) is about the same.

What do you think?

that's a tough one...at #6 i say no on nurkic..i would take gordon or call me crazy i would take doug mcdermott..i just love the guy's game..if we could trade up from #17 to get nurkic i'm all for it...#17 and future 1st to move up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

nbadraftnet has nurkic going #18 i seen another one him going#28...most all the mocks i've seen has him going right by us...at #17

the highest i've seen him is at #15

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What do you think?

that's a tough one...at #6 i say no on nurkic..i would take gordon or call me crazy i would take doug mcdermott..i just love the guy's game..if we could trade up from #17 to get nurkic i'm all for it...#17 and future 1st to move up.

[object HTMLDivElement]

You guys are all correct, I know that.   I'm more of a gambler, I'd say.  Gordon, Smart and McDermott are all great, and the "better" pick.  I was going for more of a "guarantee".  Nurkic would start for us, and it would blow everyone away.  Then, when he turned into the next Pekovic, we'd all laugh!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

I also think we need to go the rookie route. Draft the best player available. Then develop talent and make a move for a free agent in a year or 2 when we have something to offer in trade. I like Rondo but he, Bass and Green need to be traded so we can get more picks and develop some talent. Then we can make a move to put together a championship team. I would take Embiid if he's there at 6 because that is the type of talent we need to develop into a championship caliber team. If he doesn't pan out then we continue the rebuild a little longer. Also we will not have Gerald Wallace contract in 2 years so we should have plenty of cap space to get a free agent in a couple of years but don't have that right now.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

C's looking for embids medicals today. Dont hold your hopes high on that one..It seems like this guy is DONE.. I say, Marcus Smart or Vonleh in the draft. Smart is NBA ready body wise. Guy is a healthy version of Rose. Thats what we need. Get rid of Rondo and follow as initiated in this thread.

Agree...Hopefully we can trade Rondo and Sign and Trade Bradley to the Detroit for Jennings and Monroe. Then Trade Jennings, Green and the trade exception to Orlando for Afallo and the rights of the 4th pick which is Smart and draft Embiid at six, Monroe is an insurance incase Embiid injury is chronic. Just a piece of idea what do you think?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'm starting to feel that the rookie route is the best route too. The Love route can definitely put the C's in the playoffs, but I don't think it'll push the team towards a championship. It might not be fun, but I think they should build through the draft for the next couple of years, and then when they (hopefully) are a playoff team, try to draw in free agents.

In addition, I think this draft is a good place to start. I think it is pretty deep, and leagues above what came out last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I'm starting to feel that the rookie route is the best route too. The Love route can definitely put the C's in the playoffs, but I don't think it'll push the team towards a championship. It might not be fun, but I think they should build through the draft for the next couple of years, and then when they (hopefully) are a playoff team, try to draw in free agents.

In addition, I think this draft is a good place to start. I think it is pretty deep, and leagues above what came out last year.

[object HTMLDivElement]

agree on most points - so let's acquire more draft picks.  Let's get some second round picks, too.

Disagree it won't be "fun"..........may not be entertaining to see all that losing, but watching these kids grow under one of the best young coaches in the league will definitely be fun.  And, once we get rid of Rondo and Bass (maybe Green) we will be drama-free (no contracts)....how "fun" is that??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

nbadraftnet has nurkic going #18 i seen another one him going#28...most all the mocks i've seen has him going right by us...at #17

[object HTMLDivElement]

The only ones I look at are draftexpress and nbadraft.net......got links to any other (free) ones?  I'd appreciate that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

agree on most points - so let's acquire more draft picks.  Let's get some second round picks, too.

Disagree it won't be "fun"..........may not be entertaining to see all that losing, but watching these kids grow under one of the best young coaches in the league will definitely be fun.  And, once we get rid of Rondo and Bass (maybe Green) we will be drama-free (no contracts)....how "fun" is that??

Good point. "Fun" was probably not the best word to use there. The losing won't be fun, but watching a young team under a young, likeable coach in Brad Stevens is fun.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

The only ones I look at are draftexpress and nbadraft.net......got links to any other (free) ones?  I'd appreciate that.

for some reason i can't post links? but just type 2014 mock draft and go to the bottom of the page...you will see mock draft database..click on the link and you will find a bunch...i wish i could post the link..i don't know whats wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

for some reason i can't post links? but just type 2014 mock draft and go to the bottom of the page...you will see mock draft database..click on the link and you will find a bunch...i wish i could post the link..i don't know whats wrong.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Thanks, man!

Sections
Shortcuts