The Series Is Not Over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

The Series Is Not Over

Where are the die-hard Celtics fans?  Many fans are acting like the series is all over with. Still a long way to go. I still believe Boston will come out strong in game 5, win it and force a game 6 in Boston. Anyone with me, or am I the only believer on this board?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

Re: The Series Is Not Over

YOUR ALL ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I'm going to be here with you, going down with this group. These guys have provided us with so many great moments, that we owe it to them. If we're going down, I know the group will go down fighting. We need one last game in the garden, for the team and for the fans. No matter what, I'm proud of the guts we've shown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

We would need a miracle to win two straight games.

Doc needs to stop pushing davis into the game and use green way more. KG needs to live in the low post and he hasn't. Rondo needs to be taken out of the game at times because he is not helping, Delonte is.

The only thing that could change out of those is KG going to the post more often. Doc is stubborn and won't change his ways at all. Even though we probably will win next game I see us losing in six they we are playing now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You dam right its not over.  Odds may be against us, but they are not impossible odds.  Fight to the end, baby!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to be here with you, going down with this group. These guys have provided us with so many great moments, that we owe it to them. If we're going down, I know the group will go down fighting. We need one last game in the garden, for the team and for the fans. No matter what, I'm proud of the guts we've shown.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Sweet.  You are the man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

The series is over dummy. You guys are done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to The Series Is Not Over:
    [QUOTE]Where are the die-hard Celtics fans?  Many fans are acting like the series is all over with. Still a long way to go. I still believe Boston will come out strong in game 5, win it and force a game 6 in Boston. Anyone with me, or am I the only believer on this board?
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Agree that if the Celtics can win game 5, it is still possible to win this series. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

With the sports success we've had in this area, losses are never really accepted. But if a team plays with as much pride as our team has displayed, laying it all on the line, that's really what makes being a celtic fan a great thing. Hopefully some of rondo's pain can dissipate, so we can go in to game 5 ready to go at them with our season on the line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]You dam right its not over.  Odds may be against us, but they are not impossible odds.  Fight to the end, baby!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Great.  Keep your faith alive, man. I have seen strange things happen in basketball. I still believe in Boston.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]With the sports success we've had in this area, losses are never really accepted. But if a team plays with as much pride as our team has displayed, laying it all on the line, that's really what makes being a celtic fan a great thing. Hopefully some of rondo's pain can dissipate, so we can go in to game 5 ready to go at them with our season on the line.

I happen to love this Celtics team.  I love Pierce, Garnett, Allen - Rondo has been great.  I even like Big Baby.

But this team with the big three won one championship and believe it or not that is a disappointing number.  ONE.

In the last TWENTY FIVE YEARS they have one championship.  ONE

That kind of pipes.  I expect more from this franchise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]With what KG showed us tonight I don't think the Celtics can beat the Heat anymore. Seriously, 1-10 from the field is simply awful! It's not like tonight was the only time KG played poorly. In games 1 and 2 KG was also bad. No way the Celts are going to beat the Heat without a dominant KG.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

34, the demise of KG is not the demise of the Celtics. Celtics will make some adjustment and rebound for game 5, Trust me. They won't go down like the Lakers.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

2008 was a great year, '09 everyone seemingly blew out a knee or a shoulder, last year we were four minutes away. We will see how this year ends, but the years leading up to the new big three shouldn't be held on them- Failed personnel decisions led to that. This organization knows what our fans want and expect, so we're on the right track with wyc and pagliuca.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

this was a disgusting loss.  kg did not have the desire to get down on the block and shoot easy shots over the shorter miami heat.  we didn't even need him to be dominant tonight in order to win, we just needed him to show up. and we got crickets.

there's not much of a future left with this group.  the energy that it would take to win this series would be all that any of the 3 had or very close.  the awaiting opponent would then likely grind us into dust.

don't get me wrong, i think the miami heap are a bunch of jokers.  they were begging to be put away tonight and we couldn't score to save our lives.  5 points through 8 minutes of the fourth quarter.  absolutely horrific.

alas, this is who we are and will continue to be.  we're old and struggle mightily at times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

C;s are done. Its over. they are not the 2008 Celts who could come from behind and win it all. They are not as good as they used to be. 
    They should have won last year against the lakers but Perk was down and out (sucks!!!!!!). 

KG, Pierce, and Allen are old and done. Keep Pierce. He is a Celtics lifer, but get rid of the rest snd re-build. Shaq is done, JON will retire after all this. 

ITS TIME TO RE-BUILD!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Although tonight's loss was a tough one for multiple reasons, I will continue to say that the Celtics will win this series. 

If they can steal game-5 in Miami, this series is right back on level ground. You know that if they win they'll go back to an energized and enthused Garden crowd for game-6. That should be an emotionally packed game that the Celtics should win. At that point, game-7 is up for grabs, and given the Celtics history in game 7's, I'd put my money on them.

The key is game-5. If we win game-5, this series is ours for the taking.

WITH THAT SAID.... if things don't work out, all we can do is tip our caps and move on. Miami played incredibly well down the stretch tonight and our Celtics have given it their all. Regardless of the outcome of this series I will be proud of our Boys in Green. 

And ultimately, there are much more important things in life to worry about. We get all caught up in a mere game, when all it takes is one traumatic event to put life into perspective. It's just a game, and life will go on for all of us. There will be more basketball and other enjoyable things to do.

All we can do is enjoy the ride, hope for the best, and keep things in perspective and realize that life goes on.

Peace fellas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Celtics will give it everything they got on Wednesday night in Miami.  MeBron hit some shots tonight that I thought that he wound never hit.  Covered 3 in the corner.  Pierce covered him well but he hit it anyway.  Celtics need to win 3 straight games and two of them will be in Miami.  It was done before.  Just take it one game at a time. Some questionable shots in overtime.  Not good.  KG took too many outside shots.  He should be only taking 3-5 outside shots out of 20 per game.  Regular season ok.  Not now.  He needs to be an inside presence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Where are the die-hard Celtics fans?  Many fans are acting like the series is all over with. Still a long way to go. I still believe Boston will come out strong in game 5, win it and force a game 6 in Boston. Anyone with me, or am I the only believer on this board?

MAJOR sunshine pumper!

Let it go...your boys are done.

February 24, 2011...the day the Celtics began their journey back to mediocrity. The day of..."THE TRADE"!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

As someone who was in the crowd and gave it everything I had. I spent the whole night yelling and getting everyone up out of their seats even when things were bleak, I must say this team looks tired.

they won't go down easy, but this would be a tremendous surprise if the Celtics can reach deep down and win 3 games in a row.

Pierce, Ray, KG, and Rondo. The Best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Series Is Not Over : Agree that if the Celtics can win game 5, it is still possible to win this series. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Another sunshine pumper!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]With the sports success we've had in this area, losses are never really accepted. But if a team plays with as much pride as our team has displayed, laying it all on the line, that's really what makes being a celtic fan a great thing. Hopefully some of rondo's pain can dissipate, so we can go in to game 5 ready to go at them with our season on the line.

...AND ANOTHER! This has gotten contagious!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

yes im still going to watch and hope, but i cant afford a second game. so as far as being there for the team, cant afford it. but il be here spreading positive messages all the way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I'm here too Eddie.  I will never stop believing in the best for the Celtics until it's mathematically over, if it even comes to that.  These guys care enough about each other to keep going - and they're still pretty damb good basketball players.  I have faith.

Sections
Shortcuts