The Spiderman: Avery Bradley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The Spiderman: Avery Bradley

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/2013/04/18/avery-bradley-has-been-focused-defense-every-step-the-way/yp8DwcWkLw5oGBWJOta1CP/story.html

I dare you to read all four pages of this excellent boston.com article and not come away with the biggest sheet-eating grin (even within the grim context of today's news).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: The Spiderman: Avery Bradley

I'm telling ya ... 2014 is our year. Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Green, Garnett, Terry, Crawford, Bass, Sullinger, Randolph, Wilcox, Williams

+ minutes from Fab (maybe)

+ another potential contributing rookie

+ perhaps one more Big FA Vet Min

... yikes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PlayoffBound. Show PlayoffBound's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I'm telling ya ... 2014 is our year. Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Green, Garnett, Terry, Crawford, Bass, Sullinger, Randolph, Wilcox, Williams

... yikes!

Have these players really impressed you?

2014 is Boston's year for what?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to PlayoffBound's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

... yikes!

please go home

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Now we know some of the reasons Danny picked this guy.

while we were throwing sticks at him for 

the pick..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

great article....He is a rare breed

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I wasn't."

I wasn't wild about the pick at the time, thought he was too small. 

I was wrong, very wrong. 

He's got the heart of a lion. 

He's definitely not a point guard which means while he complements Rondo well it's a very small backcourt. I don't like the Bradley matchup against really big two guards (say D Wade) but overall he's earned his spot. 

At the same time there is no denying he's been in a bit of a slump and not sure what that's about. I'm choosing to call it a slump rather than a Jeff Green consistency problem. 

The issue I have iwth Green is he is more consistent on his own as the best player on a team but I don't think you can have a great team with Green as the best player - he needs to be like the fourth best player and to play well in that role consistenly, which he hasn't. 

These two both have some things to prove in the playoffs, whether we advance or not. I'm rooting for them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Everyone underplays chemistry. We had so many new pieces this year (Avery, Green, Sullinger, Barbossa, Terry, Wilcox, Collins, Lee, Crawford, Williams, Randolph, White). It takes time for things to come together. Nobody can deny how dominant the Heat are right now, but remember that they had a rocky start fitting Lebron & Bosh in with Wade. I'm not saying we will ever be the favorites again in the KG or PP era, but if Rondo & Sullinger can come back for camp next year, and there are no more injuries up to that point, we will become a more cohesive team. We have all the right pieces. The Celtics have what it takes and can run like a well oiled machine. I think Rondo + Avery are the frontcourt of the future. I think Jeff can play well with Rondo. Throw in a solid bench and we are back in business. The Heat, Thunder, Spurs are all really good teams, but a HUGE part of their dominance during the regular season is that they've had stability and have been able to build something over consequtive seasons with the same core group of guys. Celtics had to re-brand themselves multiple times this year. Once we hit stability, we will improve and contend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Since its handy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpeo2SQQVQ

We won that Miami series, with a broken Ray, no AB, no JG, no Sully, no bench.

Our conference is so weak, once Rondo is back, Miami is the only possible threat.

Anyone who things Rondo is negligable has absolutely no clue. He never had a chance with this new group + AB. Rondo will be back better than ever, mark my words. Unless KG & PP retire or drop off a cliff, we will be championship contenders next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Bradley is a Tony Allen like player. Great defensive skills, limited offensie skills, and never pulls through when needed in the clutch.  Limited skills, like Rondo. Both are Great trade bait for people who buy the hype.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Bradley is a Tony Allen like player. Great defensive skills, limited offensie skills, and never pulls through when needed in the clutch.  Limited skills, like Rondo. Both are Great trade bait for people who buy the hype.

Who is not limited? Can you name those players, please?

And can the Celtics afford them (through trades, free agency, whatever)?

Sections
Shortcuts