The Suns renounced Emeka Okafore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

The Suns renounced Emeka Okafore

The Suns renounced Emeka Okafor‘s rights in a move that will erase his $19.2MM cap hold from Phoenix’s books, Deeks reports in a tweet.

A S&T is off the table now but the MLE can be used if rim protection is still a need.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: The Suns renounced Emeka Okafore

I would take a chance on Okakor after working him out and a physical. His skills are what we need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

i agree he is worth a shot......what do we have to lose?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

People have said Deng is too old so I wonder how they will feel about Okafor ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

No reason to do this…at all. Zeller, Olynyk, Sully, Bass split minutes at the 4 and 5. All Okafor would do is keep someone young on the bench on a team that is going to lose anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If we don't try out Oke, perhaps he'll go to HOU.  They have no backup C  now, and are in a contract dispute with Capela - the guy I wanted at 17!  (Nurcic was gone)

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we don't try out Oke, perhaps he'll go to HOU.  They have no backup C  now, and are in a contract dispute with Capela - the guy I wanted at 17!  (Nurcic was gone)

[/QUOTE]

Oka not Oke. We are big on facts around here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i would take okafor anytime...he is exactly what we need...we can't have our whole roster young...who are the young guy's going to learn from? you need some vets on the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i would take okafor anytime...he is exactly what we need...we can't have our whole roster young...who are the young guy's going to learn from? you need some vets on the team.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Exactly.  He is a class act.  Don't know his injury status, though.  Medical records should be checked carefully.  We'd also have to cut some players.  But, as you said, I'd love to have this guy teach the ropes to Zeller and Oly.  I think Bass will be gone, Anthony is done after the year, and Sully will never have to play 5 again.  He'd also be good for Fav - teaching him a little thing called DEFENSE.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No reason to do this…at all. Zeller, Olynyk, Sully, Bass split minutes at the 4 and 5. All Okafor would do is keep someone young on the bench on a team that is going to lose anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Vitor Favorani ! And even Colton Iverson , so what if they have to D League him one more season, he's a minimum wage guy with skills.

I say FORGET trying to bring in vets and squeeze a couple of years out of them, Okafor was good but his playing days are probably over. Never heard a word about him working out here in AZ like many pro athletes do year round, sick of these old guys who have nothing left, I thought Ainge agreed to change the focus from bringing in vets (that Doc Rivers felt comfortable with) to bringing in young, raw, minimum wage talent that they might strike gold with........just say no to Okafor. 

Vitor Favorani showed some real skills and has had a year to learn the NBA game, get experience with the refs and how they call the game, ext. Best case scenario is to let Vitor Favorani earn the backup spot behind Tyler Zeller, and then let Olynyk and Sullinger mop up any additional minutes at center, just to get them on the floor........

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT !

NO HALF MEASURES, STICK TO THE GAMEPLAN OF TRYING TO DEVELOP CHEAP YOUNG TALENT.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I also wish to denounce Okafor, as he like Deng, is too good to play for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Suns renounced Emeka Okafor‘s rights in a move that will erase his $19.2MM cap hold from Phoenix’s books, Deeks reports in a tweet.

A S&T is off the table now but the MLE can be used if rim protection is still a need.

[/QUOTE]

Okafor rim protection?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 ... he'd be a good mentor for Zeller/Fav/Iverson

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.

If the Celtics are going tankapolooza 2.0, no need to pay MLE to a guy who wont do much but take but cap space and hold back the young guys from getting valued minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.

If the Celtics are going tankapolooza 2.0, no need to pay MLE to a guy who wont do much but take but cap space and hold back the young guys from getting valued minutes.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Kind of agree - but Bass will be gone after this season, and Sully should NOT play the 5.  Can't stand Anthony, so I like this idea.  Okafor, Zeller and Oly.  Oly can play some 4 with Sully and Bass, too.

I think Bass should be the one that loses mins.

Again, not sure of Okafor's health........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

"I think Bass should be the one that loses mins."

Not going to happen.

Bass deserves the minutes.

Okafor for the MLE for rim protection on a team that will most likely just win 25 games again?

Obviously some of the people here are not businessmen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

THIS ^

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why?  What should be the goal for this year?  How does Okafor fit into that goal?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why?  What should be the goal for this year?  How does Okafor fit into that goal?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe their goal is to make the Celts a 30-win team like the Celtics of 1995-96.

HAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Goal for the year is to get better.  A vet and a young player at every spot.

OLY can play his natural position - the 4.  Bass is gone during/after the year

Draft another C in the draft, and move forward.  I don't want to see these guys playing out of position.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

"Goal for the year is to get better."

I think the goal is to get a better Okafor, Jahlil Okafor!

What's the point in getting better if you don't have players that will become stars?

Celts gain nothing if they go from a 25-win team to a 30-win team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Establish a core first.

Then go after FAs that will make you better.

Right now we're not sure how Sully, Oly, AB, and Smart will turn out.

James Young is too young to make an impact immediately.

If we're sure that we have star players that can lead the Celts to another championship, that's the time Ainge must make moves to acquire players like Emeka, Morrow, or Hawes.

Adding mediocre players right now will only eat up cap space.

That's very unnecessary.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

okafor is the rim protector we need...i don't care about his age...the guy will blockshots and grab rebounds...we need a center and he would be perfect...we don't need to tank we are not going to be great anyway..i just want to be in games this season and not get dumped on...okafor would help this team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

okafor is the rim protector we need...i don't care about his age...the guy will blockshots and grab rebounds...we need a center and he would be perfect...we don't need to tank we are not going to be great anyway..i just want to be in games this season and not get dumped on...okafor would help this team.

[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is less playing time for Zeller, Sully, and Oly.

Remember, the goal is player development.