The Suns renounced Emeka Okafore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: The Suns renounced Emeka Okafore

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Establish a core first.

Then go after FAs that will make you better.

Right now we're not sure how Sully, Oly, AB, and Smart will turn out.

James Young is too young to make an impact immediately.

If we're sure that we have star players that can lead the Celts to another championship, that's the time Ainge must make moves to acquire players like Emeka, Morrow, or Hawes.

Adding mediocre players right now will only eat up cap space.

That's very unnecessary.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Okafor's deal is for one year.

What IF Sully, Oly, Smart and Young ARE as good as advertised?

Suppose we have a chance to make the playoffs (dim, I'm sure) and "all" we need is a rim protector?

Would you rather have a healthy Okafor, or a D-Leaguer??

I'm not in tank mode until I see how good/bad these guys are.

If they really, really stink - tank

If not - have to try to win as many games as possible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

okafor is the rim protector we need...i don't care about his age...the guy will blockshots and grab rebounds...we need a center and he would be perfect...we don't need to tank we are not going to be great anyway..i just want to be in games this season and not get dumped on...okafor would help this team.

The problem with that is less playing time for Zeller, Sully, and Oly.

Remember, the goal is player development.

there will be time for all of them...put zeller as backup to okafor..it's not that hard...some guy's get hurt he can make it happen..every night is not going to be the same...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Okafor's deal is for one year.

What IF Sully, Oly, Smart and Young ARE as good as advertised?

Suppose we have a chance to make the playoffs (dim, I'm sure) and "all" we need is a rim protector?

Would you rather have a healthy Okafor, or a D-Leaguer??

I'm not in tank mode until I see how good/bad these guys are.

If they really, really stink - tank

If not - have to try to win as many games as possible.

Today's Emeka Okafor is not the same Emeka Okafor of 2007.

You notice how low his blocks per game are in 2012 and 2013?

He's 31 years old.

Ainge will not use the MLE on a 31-year old.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

there will be time for all of them...put zeller as backup to okafor..it's not that hard...some guy's get hurt he can make it happen..every night is not going to be the same...

Ainge is not going to use the MLE on Okafor.

Making Okafor the starting Center of the Boston Celtics is exactly reminiscent of the 1995-96 Celtics.

It will be a 30-win team.

Ainge already said if the Celts don't get a star player, like Kevin Love, then the Celts will go through a multi-year rebuilding process.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

So what if the Celts get dumped on this coming season?

By 2019 and up to 2029, it will be the Celtics dumping on everybody if the rebuild is done right.

I don't understand why some can't sacrifice 1 more year to get better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Ainge is not going to use the MLE on Okafor.

Making Okafor the starting Center of the Boston Celtics is exactly reminiscent of the 1995-96 Celtics.

It will be a 30-win team.

Ainge already said if the Celts don't get a star player, like Kevin Love, then the Celts will go through a multi-year rebuilding process.

and we can use a player like okafor as we rebuild...why is it so hard? we could use bi-annual? 2 year 4mil? we need vets on this team...we need to mix it up...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

By 2019 and up to 2029, it will be the Celtics dumping on everybody if the rebuild is done right.

my god for get it already...you think getting okafor is going to kill us or somthing...just get a center is all i'm saying...and zeller will not get you blocks..he's good at running the floor and scoring. i like zeller.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

my god for get it already...you think getting okafor is going to kill us or somthing...just get a center is all i'm saying...and zeller will not get you blocks..he's good at running the floor and scoring. i like zeller.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree - Okafor, Steamer...........someone who can block shots.  Anthony is not the answer.  Sully and Oly are not athletic enough, and, as you said, we all like Zeller and think that was a great pickup.  What's wrong with a little depth?

Everyone says trade Rondo for a big.........ok....WHO??

This guy, if healthy, is a better option than Oden or Steamer.  He will keep his mouth shut and  try to revitalize his career.  He will NOT take us to the Finals...................just a classy guy on  a 1 year deal to help our "yutes."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

no real point in signing him. Until you have ur established pieces in place, theres no need to fill up ur team with vets that will stunt the younger players developments. To me, the only established players we have are Rondo and Sullinger, and kinda Avery Bradley. Not good enough. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

no real point in signing him. Until you have ur established pieces in place, theres no need to fill up ur team with vets that will stunt the younger players developments. To me, the only established players we have are Rondo and Sullinger, and kinda Avery Bradley. Not good enough. 

Bingo!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

If you like Zeller then no need for Okafor.

Zeller can get 30 minutes per game if there is no Emeka.

But if the Celts have Emeka, Zeller will just get 22-26 minutes per game.

And yes, Emeka Okafor will kill us.

Why?

Celts will get more wins with Emeka Okafor.

More wins means we're NOT going to be closer to the Okafor that we really want - Jahlil!

Celts need to win only 23-24 games this coming season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

If you like Zeller then no need for Okafor.

Zeller can get 30 minutes per game if there is no Emeka.

But if the Celts have Emeka, Zeller will just get 22-26 minutes per game.

And yes, Emeka Okafor will kill us.

Why?

Celts will get more wins with Emeka Okafor.

More wins means we're NOT going to be closer to the Okafor that we really want - Jahlil!

Celts need to win only 23-24 games this coming season.

we can lose all we want...who's to say the ping pong ball will go our way? it's not a given we will get jahlil any way..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

okafor is the rim protector we need...i don't care about his age...the guy will blockshots and grab rebounds...we need a center and he would be perfect...we don't need to tank we are not going to be great anyway..i just want to be in games this season and not get dumped on...okafor would help this team.

The problem with that is less playing time for Zeller, Sully, and Oly.

Remember, the goal is player development.

Something about NBA and "player development" that doesn't jibe. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

we can lose all we want...who's to say the ping pong ball will go our way? it's not a given we will get jahlil any way..

There's a chance we get lucky if we try.

If we don't try then there's ZERO chance that the ping pong ball will go our way.

The consolation prize is Karl Towns of Kentucky.

He's another 7-footer that could end up a star in the NBA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

Celts already have 3 Centers, Zeller, Anthony, and Fav.

Why waste money on a 4th Center that's not going to be part of the future plans of the Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Let's compromise.

Get rid of Joel Anthony and Faverani.

If Ainge does that then Okafor for 1 year makes sense.

No way a lottery team like the Celts will pay extra to have 4 Centers on the roster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

2015 Mock Draft

Score Rank
    0 0
    What this means
    Updated: 6/16/14 12:15 pm

# Team Player H W P School C
    1 <strong>Milwaukee</strong> Milwaukee Emmanuel Mudiay 6-5 190 PG SMU HSSr.
    2 <strong>Philadelphia</strong> Philadelphia Jahlil Okafor 6-11 270 C Duke HSSr.
    3 <strong>Orlando</strong> Orlando Cliff Alexander 6-8 255 PF Kansas HSSr.
    4 <strong>Utah</strong> Utah Kelly Oubre 6-7 205 SF Kansas HSSr.
    5 <strong>Boston</strong> Boston Karl Towns 7-0 248 C Kentucky HSSr.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Let's compromise.

Get rid of Joel Anthony and Faverani.

If Ainge does that then Okafor for 1 year makes sense.

No way a lottery team like the Celts will pay extra to have 4 Centers on the roster.

well i don't see this as our final roster...bogans and some player or players is going to be gone in some kind of deal...so we never know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

well i don't see this as our final roster...bogans and some player or players is going to be gone in some kind of deal...so we never know.

Celts have 13 players with guaranteed money.

That doesn't include Bogans, Pressey, Johnson, and Babb.

Bogans and his contract is not as important compared to when the Celts didn't cash in the 10.3m TPE.

Unless a major deal happens, like Kevin Love to Boston, the Celts will just waive Bogans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

Celts already have 3 Centers, Zeller, Anthony, and Fav.

Why waste money on a 4th Center that's not going to be part of the future plans of the Celtics.

I agree. I'm speaking in general terms. I am firm in my beliefs that players should not be brought in to "develop" on an NBA team. Get serious about a real Development league so we can watch only THE BEST players play in the NBA.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i love zeller also..i think in stevens system zeller is perfect..we are going to run...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

All depends upon the quality of talent on the Celts roster.  They have to develop their own talent otherwise they will never make it.  If we assume that we have good talent on the team then 5 is the most glaring weakness.  Perhaps Okafor on a 2-year deal, with the 2nd. being a team option, is the way to go.  Of-course, it has to be determined that he is healthy enough to play.  If not, it is just better to pass on him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

All depends upon the quality of talent on the Celts roster.  They have to develop their own talent otherwise they will never make it.  If we assume that we have good talent on the team then 5 is the most glaring weakness.  Perhaps Okafor on a 2-year deal, with the 2nd. being a team option, is the way to go.  Of-course, it has to be determined that he is healthy enough to play.  If not, it is just better to pass on him.

If not healthy and if Ainge can't get rid of Joel Anthony and Faverani.

Joel Anthony and Faverani will eat 5.8m of cap space.

Making them sit and watch for a whole season is a total waste of money.

Besides, why not give Faverani a chance?

Some here believe he's the next Brad Miller!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

No to Emeka Okafor but yes to Jalil Okafor (wishful tanking again?)..... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

If not healthy and if Ainge can't get rid of Joel Anthony and Faverani.

Joel Anthony and Faverani will eat 5.8m of cap space.

Making them sit and watch for a whole season is a total waste of money.

Besides, why not give Faverani a chance?

Some here believe he's the next Brad Miller!

Anthony and Faverani come off the book next year.  So it is only a matter of expense.  If Okafor is worth the full mid-level then he is not going to sign for an option for 2nd. year.  Hence it will not make sense.  On a smaller deal, the cap space argument is not valid.

Regarding Faverani, he will be in the mix.  I don't see the connection between the two.  Okafor only makes sense on a small two year deal where the 2nd. year is a team option.  That too, only if he is healthy.  And then, he and Faverani can compete for the job.

Sections
Shortcuts