The team that wins game 3 of a 2-3-2 format tied at 1-1...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: The team that wins game 3 of a 2-3-2 format tied at 1-1...

In Response to The team that wins game 3 of a 2-3-2 format tied at 1-1...:
    ....has won the series 11 out of 11 times in the NBA Finals.
    Posted by Kirk6

I hope that Dallas wins game 3.   They should win the championship if they win the next game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I heard that last night, that is pretty over-whelming data.  Wish someone had told the C's that last year :)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

2-2-1-1-1 is more exciting in my opinion.  Having to travel again for that game 6 is just cool, it really keeps both cities so much more engaged.  I assume it is a travel issue that prompted the NBA to change to 2-3-2, but I've always said if it is the same for both teams why does it matter.

Take the NHL as an example.  I mean if that ends up going 6 or 7 games, those guys are going to be traversing the continent, but I think that adds to drama.

I also think the the 2-3-2 plays into the advantage of the home team more.  It basically means the road team (Dallas) is going to have to close it out on the road, where as if you have game 6 at home, you get that close-out game at home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: The team that wins game 3 of a 2-3-2 format tied at 1-1...:
    I hate the 2-3-2 format. It is much more interesting at 2-2-1-1-1. But the NBA is all about the money, not the quality of product.
    Posted by Kirk6

It's a 2-3-2 in the Finals mainly because of the travel both teams have to endured in a East-West matchup.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: The team that wins game 3 of a 2-3-2 format tied at 1-1... : No, it's a 2-3-2 format because it's cheaper to fly in that format than 2-2-1-1-1. Beacuse the NBA is all about the money, not the quality of product.
    Posted by Kirk6

Then why not do 2-3-2 for ALL playoff matchups?  That would save a bunch of $$, no?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re:  Beacuse the NBA is all about the money, not the quality of product.
    Posted by Kirk6

And the NHL, MLB, and NFL is not about the money?  Why do you think the NFL is mired in a lockout right now?  Because the owners and players are worried about the "quality of product"?  You think sports league are formed for the betterment of society?  Or to make $$?  Is the NBA any different?

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts