The tighter ref rules are because of our "Tainted Championship" thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: The tighter ref rules are because of our "Tainted Championship" thread

In Response to Re: The tighter ref rules are because of our "Tainted Championship" thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The tighter ref rules are because of our "Tainted Championship" thread : You really are missing it. Do you suppose the original post was calling you out and your pseudo serious complaints about the fans who discuss the taint on the lakers championship?  What is it that bothers you so much? The fact we have a different opinion from you or that we are probably right. Maybe you are a closet LA fan. 
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

gtown and the "Tainters" have no constructive agenda for addressing their "issues" other than whining shamelessly on a Celtic Blog and playing their well-worn victim's card to get attention and sympathy.

I do feel sorry for them... and that's a fact. Cry

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I know I said il never post on here again, but I have to say that since that game, my love for the NBA is really really really decreased.

I have never been so disgusted about a game in my life as I was watching the end of the 3rd quarter and half the 4th quarter in game 7. I turned it off after the 3 POINT SHOOTING FOUL CALLED AGAINST RAY RAY WHO WAS STUCK BEHIND A SCREEN AS THE NBA MEDIA LOVE BRYANT BRICKED A 3 POINT SHOT WHILE THE LAKERS WERE DOWN 3 POINTS.

I still like watching the Celtics and I am looking forward to the season, but I can never be into it again. It is ALL entertainment and money. I hate the league so much that I feel guilty spending money going to games because I love going to the Garden. 

david stern is the worst commisioner ever.
    1. AWFUL refs and he does nothng about it.
    2. Wants to cut NBA salaries by
    33%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT A MORON.
    3. tech foul rule is just beyond arrogance. 
    4. I hope there is a lock out and I hope he is fired.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Real Solutions-

If Stern was serious about improving the game calling without substantial slow downs in play, he could take a page from the NFL's approach to handling calling mistakes or worse. Instant replay challenges could be instituted with limited challenges. Of course, this would take away some of the referees ability to make super-hero calls that they make now, and I am not sure that Stern wants to lose that ability. Stern does like his super-heroes.

Since free throws, and posession changes are part of the game now, it is unlikely to slow the game substantially. Besides, it would ad advertising openings, something that may improve profitability.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: The tighter ref rules are because of our "Tainted Championship" thread:
    [QUOTE]Real Solutions- If Stern was serious about improving the game calling without substantial slow downs in play, he could take a page from the NFL's approach to handling calling mistakes or worse. Instant replay challenges could be instituted with limited challenges. Of course, this would take away some of the referees ability to make super-hero calls that they make now, and I am not sure that Stern wants to lose that ability. Stern does like his super-heroes. Since free throws, and posession changes are part of the game now, it is unlikely to slow the game substantially. Besides, it would ad advertising openings, something that may improve profitability.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

Real solutions, TeamU????  You bet they are!!!!

I agree with your suggestions to improve officiating.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Bullcrap...improve officiating?

Control the officiating.....I can believe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Yeah I don't think it was that thread. I think it is much more likely that the league realized that it was more obvious that the games were fixed when the players pointed out all of the bad calls to the refs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I wouldn't put it past these clowns to delete their own posts in order to claim "stalking" and "rogue moderator" and "False Abuse Report".

What a farce!

These matters, if they do exist, really need to be resolved privately with a phone call or two to BDC admin... and spare us the soap opera... thank you!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Wow, some Celtic fans really believe their own lies. That's a sign of madness. I guess the taint was in the meat sold in Boston that created a number of "mad cow" victims.

Let's consider the irrational logic being started on this thread. Stern reads Boston blogs and is offended by the accusations of fraud and corruption in the NBA. So, in an effort to punish Boston, he creates a league-wide policy of calling technical fouls ad naseum for so much as looking cross-eyed.

If Stern wanted to punish Boston he could have initiated a whole series of artificial rules and restrictions on the Celtics. Why target the entire NBA? That sort of psychotic logic is what gives some Boston fans a "tainted" reputation.

Get the bibs out, the whining continues. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"So glad the NBA had an agenda to deliver the title to the most hated team with 2 of the 4 most hated players" 

Because of so-called "Fans" like you who can't accept losing when we win it all this year, we'll be bombarded by haters who claim our championship was fixed. And if we were hated so much, why did we just win the champsionship? Ugh. 

The Lakers outplayed us in the Finals, Ron Artest outshot Ray Allen, the list goes on. You think the NBA told a proud Ray Allen to miss so many shots? 

We got beat. But we'll be back, tighter refereeing or not. We're not the most well liked team in the league, but the NBA cares a lot more about ratings in the Finals (which the Celtics bring) than any other factor. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]" So glad the NBA had an agenda to deliver the title to the most hated team with 2 of the 4 most hated players"  Because of so-called "Fans" like you who can't accept losing when we win it all this year, we'll be bombarded by haters who claim our championship was fixed. And if we were hated so much, why did we just win the champsionship? Ugh.  The Lakers outplayed us in the Finals, Ron Artest outshot Ray Allen, the list goes on. You think the NBA told a proud Ray Allen to miss so many shots?  We got beat. But we'll be back, tighter refereeing or not. We're not the most well liked team in the league, but the NBA cares a lot more about ratings in the Finals (which the Celtics bring) than any other factor. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Great post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Let's consider the irrational logic being started on this thread. Stern reads Boston blogs and is offended by the accusations of fraud and corruption in the NBA. So, in an effort to punish Boston, he creates a league-wide policy of calling technical fouls ad naseum for so much as looking cross-eyed. If Stern wanted to punish Boston he could have initiated a whole series of artificial rules and restrictions on the Celtics. Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

Stern's cynical misdirection is  so implausible/irrational... its sheer genius... not likely to be decoded... except by our hard-working, always vigilant, reality-challenged, micro-cephalic Tainters.

Good work, pin-heads.

Thanks for keeping things real.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts