The time has come for Troy Murphy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

The time has come for Troy Murphy

Oh yes he should start with KG  at center. He would spread the floor with his 3pt shot and will help Allen and Pierce get better shots too. His 6'11  and also rebounds very well..We need OFFENSE!! Also Doc needs to expand the rotation to  10 players to increase the energy and defense.

Bibby-Rondo
    Wade-Allen
    James-Pierce
    Bosh-KG
    Anthony-Murphy

Chalmers-West
    Jones-Wafer
    Miller-Green
    Howard-Davis
    Ilgaukas-O'neal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: The time has come for Troy Murphy

Yea, right. That's it....take the slowest guy on the team shooting 32% from the field and start him.  He could play very well in a fast moving game and REALLy help us, huh?

Glad you're not the coach because we wouldn't need to play game 3.....instead we can just pack up and go home!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Re: The time has come for Troy Murphy:
    [QUOTE]Yea, right. That's it....take the slowest guy on the team shooting 32% from the field and start him.  He could play very well in a fast moving game and REALLy help us, huh? Glad you're not the coach because we wouldn't need to play game 3.....instead we can just pack up and go home!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Really? So O'neal is faster and a better scorer than Murphy..In your dreams! You don't understand those guys just killed us..We need to change the way we attack and also we need a 3rd scorer behind Pierce and Allen because KG IS TOO BUSY AT THE DEFENSIVE END!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Troy will give us a new dimension around the basket with 17 pts 9rebs in 30 minutes. A couple of 3pointers and visits to the free throw line. This will give more spacing for Pierce, Allen and KG shots..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

At this point anything might help. Perhaps Murf should come in instead of bb at this point; I realize that bb's psyche is fragile but its a man's game & the time for hurt feelings is long over..BB slump is coming at the worst possible time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It may be time to try Murf with the 2nd unit in some capacity. We need his shot and size on the 2nd unit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

I don't get it...isn't that the reason why Danny got Troy in the first place??

Could he and Krstic add size to help KG? We lost Perk but made up for it in size with Murph and Krstic..why is Doc not using them? Cuz they are wasted talent?

I dont think so...Rotate Shaq with JON and Murph and Krstc with KG.

KG is playing too many minutes, Allen needs rest and so does Pierce.

Thats what having a bench is for so use them. Troy and Krstc have experience and they are not that old.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Doc Robot doesn't change strategy. That's why he gets outcoached. He's a great veteran motivator, draws up great plays. But let Kristic and JO crash the boards to take advantage of their height; never practiced that before, won't make the change now. He's got an 8 man (9 with Shaq) rotation that's executing the 2007-2010 strategy no matter what. Still has a chance to work, but some adaptation would have been better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get it...isn't that the reason why Danny got Troy in the first place?? Could he and Krstic add size to help KG? We lost Perk but made up for it in size with Murph and Krstic..why is Doc not using them? Cuz they are wasted talent? I dont think so...Rotate Shaq with JON and Murph and Krstc with KG. KG is playing too many minutes, Allen needs rest and so does Pierce. Thats what having a bench is for so use them. Troy and Krstc have experience and they are not that old.
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]GOOD POINTS! Ditto.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Basketbal is game of matches..So that's what Doc needs to think for game 3 and on!! We have size advantage and more experience. They have youth and energy. For me is simple we need to take care of the basketball and that means zero turnovers and that's when Carlos Arroyo come to my mind. He lead the league in lowest turnovers per 48 minutes and he's not playing...Why?? Ask DOC. Good shot selection is the 2nd most important thing and Miami is giving us a taste of our own medicine!! Rebounds is a most!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It would be nice to use his 6 really hard fouls a game and he is slow but at this point with his knees JO is even slower.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

He can't play one bit worse than big baby is playing that's for sure. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Igauskas / Shac?....NOPE

Its  Dampier / Shac

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This probably is a crazy idea. It probably is better for doc not to jerk his team around and better for doc to just try to get big baby playing better, but, I can't help it the idea is appealing to me. Shaq and murphy (if shaq does play)  or  murph and KG at the four and five is a lot of size. It gives us control of the rebounding battle and does surround Shaq with shooters. if he is out there. 

I don't think Doc will do it and he is probably right, good coaches don't mess with their rotations much, but we are in trouble and over the last two games big baby has been used and exploited. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Igauskas / Shac?....NOPE Its  Dampier / Shac
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

A healthy Shaq beats Dampier too rather easy actually, and if nothing else it keeps the heat from running their prefered lineup, their most effective lineups which include Joel Anthony out there. 

Not saying it guarantees a Miraculous Celtics comeback. It's just our best chance to win. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Yeah...the time has come to CUT him!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The time has come for Troy Murphy : Really? So O'neal is faster and a better scorer than Murphy..In your dreams! You don't understand those guys just killed us..We need to change the way we attack and also we need a 3rd scorer behind Pierce and Allen because KG IS TOO BUSY AT THE DEFENSIVE END!!
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]

Yes, JON is quicker on his feet down low and can jump quicker to block shots.  The last shot Murphy jumped to block was in high school against a 5' 2" guard!!

Man, I really don't understand how you can even possibly make this argument.  The guy shot 17% from 3 point land, 34% regular field goal percentage, was a bench player who couldn't get playing time in NEW JERSEY!!!!, came to us and didn't score for something like 5 games, and averaged about 3 or 4 points for us as a sub.  And THIS is the guy you think is a savior to help us attack the athletic Heat?   Really?

Jeff Green helps.  Maybe Wafer helps.  In a dream, MAYBE Sasha might be able to score......but Murphy has been a waste for the nets, for us, and is unable to deliver at ANY time.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Qué?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get it...isn't that the reason why Danny got Troy in the first place?? Could he and Krstic add size to help KG? We lost Perk but made up for it in size with Murph and Krstic..why is Doc not using them? Cuz they are wasted talent? I dont think so...Rotate Shaq with JON and Murph and Krstc with KG. KG is playing too many minutes, Allen needs rest and so does Pierce. Thats what having a bench is for so use them. Troy and Krstc have experience and they are not that old.
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

No, Danny got Murphy so that in the regular season he could give rest to some starters and so that he'd have another big forward if someone got hurt.   Murphy is an insurance policy, but I've never heard Danny say that Murphy was intended to replace one of his big men.   

We'd all like to see something different happen in the games, but unlike some who've posted on this thread, I have faith that just like in previous years and previous series this year - two bad games does not mean you change your team.  Adjustments, yes.  Going to a sub who's never proven himself in every chance he's had this year instead of guys who have delivered but who had 2 bad games.....is nothing but panic.  It is NOT time to panic, folks.  Its time for the team to perform at home.  They've almost always come through.  Give them a chance to do that and don't abandon a team that's shown it can come back from adversity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Unfortunately, putting Murphy in at this point is like having the fat lady sing.

He has shown absolutely no aptitude to play at an NBA level since he arrived in Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

This would have been a great idea if we had the Troy Murphy of four years ago. Many people don't realize he was a very good player at one time. I don't think he has it anymore. Maybe he can proof me wrong but I have not seen it so far. Doc certainly has not helped much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

cmon man. seriously.
    the few games he was on the floor he looked older than shaq.
    what ever happened to him? :/

Sections
Shortcuts