the "trade rondo/trade green" plan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the "trade rondo/trade green" plan

trade rondo to sac for #8, thomas, and mclemore.

trade green to hou for asik. (*this move might not make sense since the rest of my moves are "go young" moves, but i'm not sure what else we do with green. we supposedly have a "taker".)

#6: draft smart

#8: draft gordon

#17: draft warren

try to pick up an early 2nd rounder and take hairston if available. (maybe mcdaniels if hairston is not there?)

thomas/smart/pressey

mclemore/smart/hairston or mcdaniels

warren/gordon/wallace

sully/olynyk/gordon

asik/olynyk/faverani

still gotta find a home for bass, but that shouldn't be too tough, as long as we don't want much back in return. this is the "blow it up and go completely young" plan. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Re: the

Isaiah Thomas is a free agent. Just sign him. He's a good scoring-PG in the NBA. The Herald is reporting that the Celtics already have a deal in place for Jeff Green. I'm speculating that it's probably with a team in the late first round/early second (with other pieces moving if it's a second) and the trade only happens if a particular player is on the board. That team will select player X on behalf of the Celtics and promptly send him to Boston in exchange. The Buffalo Bills just did this with Sammy Watkins. Would love to know who that player is. Austin Ainge has been on record saying he likes TJ Warren. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isaiah Thomas is a free agent. Just sign him. He's a good scoring-PG in the NBA. The Herald is reporting that the Celtics already have a deal in place for Jeff Green. I'm speculating that it's probably with a team in the late first round/early second (with other pieces moving if it's a second) and the trade only happens if a particular player is on the board. That team will select player X on behalf of the Celtics and promptly send him to Boston in exchange. The Buffalo Bills just did this with Sammy Watkins. Would love to know who that player is. Austin Ainge has been on record saying he likes TJ Warren. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

TJ Warren for Jeff Green?  Sign me up!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

The Herald is reporting that the Celtics already have a deal in place for Jeff Green.  

[/QUOTE]

thats great news!!  ...The JG we all wanted to see, only showed up on occasions and left us wanting to see more. It wasnt going to happen. The guy is just soft. He has the perfect size but no passion...I hope that this is true!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you have the link? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

TJ Warren for Jeff Green?  Sign me up!!

[/QUOTE]

THIS! Papa Melly like!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

trade green to hou for asik. (*this move might not make sense since the rest of my moves are "go young" moves, but i'm not sure what else we do with green. we supposedly have a "taker".)

try to pick up an early 2nd rounder and take hairston if available. (maybe mcdaniels if hairston is not there?)

thomas/smart/pressey

warren/gordon/wallace

sully/olynyk/gordon

asik/olynyk/faverani

still gotta find a home for bass, but that shouldn't be too tough, as long as we don't want much back in return. this is the "blow it up and go completely young" plan. lol

[/QUOTE]

Rondo wont go resign with Sacramento, so they wont deal for him. This has already been reported numerous places in the past.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If we can't land Love, trading Rondo for a package including the 8th pick makes sense. 

I continue to be skeptical we can trade Jeff Green - to be clear, I'm not shocked another team might trade for him, he's classic fool's gold, but I'll be shocked if we can get a quality player in return. 

But - hey, if Ainge gets a quality player back for Green I will tip my cap to him.

Trading both Rondo and Green for more assets does make things interesting...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thomas/smart/pressey

warren/gordon/wallace

sully/olynyk/gordon

asik/olynyk/faverani

[/QUOTE]

I like the idea, but as has been said, rondo wont go to sac.  Also, Houston is trying to clear cap space, and green is a bigger cap hit than asik.   If we get asik, it will be for nothing, and we would use our tpe.  I agree that phoenix or dc would be the most likely spots for green, if we are rebuilding then him for #18 would be great. 

Sections
Shortcuts