The Trouble with Orlando

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billi. Show Billi's posts

The Trouble with Orlando

The trouble is Dwight Howard.  The last two games against the C's shows me he has NO heart, pride or determination. Everytime they show him on a close up he seems to have a smug look as though to say I am  great whether he is winning or losing the expression doesn't change!

Until he decides he wants to play (and he has a lot of talent just no soul) the rest of the team will follow HIS lead.

The C's maybe to old or to young but they have plenty of Heart, Pride and Desire, and right now the Magic are exactly like the Heat were two years ago in the playoffs they (meaning Howard) just don't want it very bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Re: The Trouble with Orlando

He wants out of Orlando,and who can blame him. They haven't got him any players to help him win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Billi, some of Orlando's problems are with Howard.  However, the main reason for their problems is that they don't have anyone else who can play.  When you look at last night's game with NOH, DH goes for 28 and 16 and no other Magic player scores in double figures.  No other starter scored 5 points.  That's not DH.

DH can't win games by himself.  He has no support whatsoever.  If you put him around the talent on the Celtics, you'll see just how effective DH can be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Exactly right, Petey.  Many people may not like what Howard is saying, but I love his fire.  He WANTS to win and is not just accepting loss.  That means they guy has fire and that's what makes champions.  He, like Lebron was in Cleveland, is playing with a weak team and people criticize because he can't win it all where he is.  Guess what......NO ONE wins by themselves.  Dirk couldn't win until he got a great effort from his supporting cast.  C's needed a full team effort.  Lakers had 4 stars.  Miami now has 3 stars.  Dwight has himself and a bunch of weak teammates, not to mention a coach who thinks there are no good shots between a layup and a 3 point shot.  

I don't blame DH for being frustrated.  He leads his team in points, rebounds, steals, and blocks.  He's averaging 20 points and 15.6 rebounds (leading the league) and 2 blocks.   Wouldn't that be a great stat line if he had someone else on the team playing consistent ball?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'd love to see DH wearing green.  I think he'd thrive in an unselfish team oriented system.  Just wondering where we are in his pecking order and what we'd  have to give up for him.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Breaktime, if its a trade before the deadline, we have a 1 in 100 chance of getting Howard.  If he went all the way to free agency at the end of the season, we'd have a 1 in 10 chance, imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: The Trouble with Orlando:
    [QUOTE]Breaktime, if its a trade before the deadline, we have a 1 in 100 chance of getting Howard.  If he went all the way to free agency at the end of the season, we'd have a 1 in 10 chance, imo.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I agree, Celtsfan4life.  Hate to say it, but Lakers and Dallas probably have best assets for a trade.
    Playing field gets leveled more if DH goes to free agency.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: The Trouble with Orlando:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Trouble with Orlando : I agree, Celtsfan4life.  Hate to say it, but Lakers and Dallas probably have best assets for a trade. Playing field gets leveled more if DH goes to free agency.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Not just Dallas or the Lakers, but many other teams have been mentioned in trade scenarios for Howard.  It would be better for Orlando if he is traded before the season ends.  If they get at a couple of good players for Howard it would be better than ending up with nothing.  I still believe the trade to the Knicks for Chandler and Amare would be beneficial for Orlando.  They would end up with two good players. 

Sections
Shortcuts