The Truth Hurts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

The Truth Hurts

Pierce's one-on-one play drags this offense down.  The C's would be so much  better off if he would just spot up and take open shots instead of constantly dribbling into traffic looking for a foul call, which he rarely gets these days.  Exhibit 1 (of many):  tonight's first qtr against the Bulls.  Just brutal.  Allen has the hot hand, hitting seven of the C's first nine and Pierce goes into take over mode instead of feeding Ray. Pierce fails to score on several attemps and turns the ball over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: The Truth Hurts

Pierce returns in the second qtr and the first time he handles the ball in the front court, it's another one on one resulting in yet another turnnover (with Scalabrine blocking his shot attempt).  It is hard to watch.  On the plus side, when Pierce was out, Marquis put in some good minutes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Been saying it for a while.  C's play good moving the ball.. 1on1 is ok with mismatches and room to operate. Pierce just forcing it and kills the momentum at times. Youre absolutely right about him not getting those calls anymore either, refs arent buying it like they used to.

Same as Ray handling the ball, hes terrible yet is always trying to be a PG...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Yup.  The remainder of the second qtr was very telling.  The Celts built a fifteen point lead without Pierce touching the ball in the front court once.  When he finally did get his hands on the ball at about the 3:20 mark, he dribbled once and shot from the elbow, making the shot, his first of the night.  The next two times he touched the ball he immediately passed off, once for an assist.  His not hogging the ball allowed Daniels to go off.  If only he could take a cue from these kinds of minutes.

But of course, Karllost, we are beating the proverbial dead horse here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This team is struggling to win at home.  Despite injuries for us the Bulls are playing the second night of a  back to back.  We really have problems with teams that are young and athletic.  The Bulls, Bucks, and the Thunder are no fun for this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ehh, just about every game we got big leads and lost them. Must be an explanation why, I just dont know it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Well, we won the game.  Pierce toned down the one on one in the 2nd half.  He had five dimes, which is very good, and seven boards.  His dish to Ray for the jam was beautiful.  His unselfish 2nd half play was instrumental in the C's having seven players in double figures.  Yes, that was seven players in double digits.  That's good stuff.

And the Bulls are no slouch of a team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We should just get rid of him.  We don't want a 49% shooter on this team.  Don't need his 20 pts either. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Great to see Paul dish when the double comes; keep it up Captain! If Paul can handle point guard to close out games, then shouldn't Delonte/Harangody be the guy in the corner rather than Rondo (i.e., a shooter for the Posey/Sheed roll).
    One might wonder why Rondo doesn't get the ball to run the ISO or pick and roll at crunch time; but the answer remains that if both defenders sag because they don't respect his shot, and he doesn't have the confidence (niether does the coach it appears or he would give him the ball) to make it, it ain't a good play.
    Rondo's an extraordinary player, and with a good shot I think he'd be an league MVP type talent; but in my view at least, without a decent shot, he shouldn't be on the floor at crunch time; Delonte should or another shooter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would guess that Doc knows a little more about how our team needs to run our offense that most of us do. While I don't agree sometime with his calls,  he seems to have a pretty good handle on this team as well as past teams. Seems we have done pretty well with whoever he has running plays at the end of games.  Same old story, every time Paul gets the ball stole or doesn't have a great shooting nite we hear the same thing. There has to be a reason Doc keeps going to hiim.  Maybe because it works more than it fails?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I liked Paul with the ball becuase they respect his shot and doubled him, AND HE PASSED to an open man (Ray). Pretty good adapatation in his game, winning over ego; brilliant, go Paul. In the Championship year, 2008, Rondo was not there to close out tight games played in the half court late in the fourth quarter. Posey was, Paul, Ray, KG and PJ Brown. For 45 minutes this team runs on Rondo; but if the last 3 minutes end up in hand to hand set courts, I'd like to see the extra shooter out there like in 2008.

Sections
Shortcuts