The Truth vs The King

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The Truth vs The King

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/a-brief-history-of-lebron-james-vs-paul-pierce/The" rel="nofollow">http://grantland.com/the-triangle/a-brief-history-of-lebron-james-vs-paul-pierce/The

I wish they had met more towards pp prime rather then the decline, but still they have had some classic battles. I remember even lebron saying that pp was his biggest rival. The Truth  is STILL UNDERRATED.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Re: The Truth vs The King

Wheelchair.....LMAO!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

If Lopez wasn't injured Brooklyn could have had a much better season and probably much more competitive.  Unfortunately, next year Pierce and KG are going to be one year older.  KG may even decide to retire at the end of this season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

KG 1st scoreless playoff game ever. PP will hopefully sign with us this offseason. KG will retire after next year because he has 1 yr more @12.5 mil which is a lot of $$ to walk away from.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Right now unfortunately The King IS the Truth. As for this: 

"If Lopez wasn't injured Brooklyn could have had a much better season and probably much more competitive."

Didn't you just say yesterday the series was going six or seven games and the Nets would win at least two? 

I didn't think so but you might want to consider standing by your pick a bit longer than one game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

PP + KG = 8 points

I don't want to downplay how much PP & KG meant to us and I did like them both very much but age catches up with us all and I'm happy we have the draft picks. Also, I do not want to minimize PP's block of a potential winning shot by Toronto 1 point down but if you see the replay again you'll notice the Raptor player( I forgot his name) went in between 2 defenders( I think KG was one of them) and he almost lost the ball and when he re grabbed it he had to shoot immediately as time was running out & I wonder, if he hadn't fumbled the ball,  if he would have taken another dribble & then shot & maybe gotten fouled.

Unfortunately, i don't think anyone will beat the Heat !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Love Paul but he is not the truth any more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Love Paul but he is not the truth any more.

NO, OF COURSE NOT, OBAMA IS THE TRUTH.  Mea Culpa, I couldn't resist it. I do not want to start a political thread so please no scathing responses from Obama lovers/Liberals.  This is a sports forum but, if not, I would stand by my sarcastical comment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

It's always sad to see once dominate talent reach the end of their road, for whatever reason. A pro athlete, a musician. Ali, Whitney Houston, Jimi Hendrix. We'll always have the memories, and that's what I choose to look at. Even sadder still, those that disrespect/belittle them now that they've reached the end of a very long and hard road. A road so few of us have traveled, and can't possibly understand. Though we like to act like we know all about what they went through, and mark their downfalls in a degrading manner. As if it's their fault. As if we could have done better. As if how they went out will be what defines them. Society can be so sickening, ignorant, judgmental, and uncompassionate....

Or in the case of our dear Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.... The mind is still there, but the body just doesn't respond. I laugh when I see the Lebrons , Kobes, disrespect guys at the end of their career like they are beneath/inferior to them. Dunking on a 36-38 year old and celebrating as if they just dunked on a 28 year old Wilt Chamberlain. They only belittle themselves. I'll also laugh when their day comes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

It's always sad to see once dominate talent reach the end of their road, for whatever reason. A pro athlete, a musician. Ali, Whitney Houston, Jimi Hendrix. We'll always have the memories, and that's what I choose to look at. Even sadder still, those that disrespect/belittle them now that they've reached the end of a very long and hard road. A road so few of us have traveled, and can't possibly understand. Though we like to act like we know all about what they went through, and mark their downfalls in a degrading manner. As if it's their fault. As if we could have done better. As if how they went out will be what defines them. Society can be so sickening, ignorant, judgmental, and uncompassionate....

Or in the case of our dear Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.... The mind is still there, but the body just doesn't respond. I laugh when I see the Lebrons , Kobes, disrespect guys at the end of their career like they are beneath/inferior to them. Dunking on a 36-38 year old and celebrating as if they just dunked on a 28 year old Wilt Chamberlain. They only belittle themselves. I'll also laugh when their day comes.

So you're no better than those you're complaining about.

Also, not sure how many people youre referring to when you say " mark their downfalls in a degrading manner.".. Ive posted that KG is basically washed up.. thats not degrading, its the truth and reality imo.. Not PC enough??

Whatever sadness they may be finding as their career winds down remember a few things, they're still cashing a paycheck most people could only dream about.... they've likely lived a lifestyle of luxury and entitlement and adulation most of us could only dream about. They have been catered to since they were in HS and their focus in life was to play a game... basketball. Geez.. ever wonder if people struggling to pay their mortgage and having to take shtt from their bosses to keep their jobs would ever consider trading places with these guys??

NBA players have to take the criticism along with the praise, its a very tiny price to pay for all the benefits they receive throughout a great majority of their lives... and a small price to potentially be set for life financially for generations...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

[QUOTE] 

So you're no better than those you're complaining about.

Also, not sure how many people youre referring to when you say " mark their downfalls in a degrading manner.".. Ive posted that KG is basically washed up.. thats not degrading, its the truth and reality imo.. Not PC enough??

Whatever sadness they may be finding as their career winds down remember a few things, they're still cashing a paycheck most people could only dream about.... they've likely lived a lifestyle of luxury and entitlement and adulation most of us could only dream about. They have been catered to since they were in HS and their focus in life was to play a game... basketball. Geez.. ever wonder if people struggling to pay their mortgage and having to take shtt from their bosses to keep their jobs would ever consider trading places with these guys??

NBA players have to take the criticism along with the praise, its a very tiny price to pay for all the benefits they receive throughout a great majority of their lives... and a small price to potentially be set for life financially for generations...

[QUOTE]

Karl, you are so narrow-minded, it's hysterical. The only reason I'd laugh at them is to give them a taste of their own medicine. Can you not understand that? Or did you just need clarification? Cause no one else did.

That post was not about you or your KG comment. Which, by the way, thank you for feeling the need to state the obvious, concerning Garnett . Where would we be without you Karl? Actually, "PC enough" would be you feeling the need, or having the cooth, to not say it at all. But that's all alien to you, huh?

"Whatever sadness they may be finding as their career winds down remember a few things, they're still cashing a paycheck most people could only dream about" - Karllost

OMG!!!! Didn't say they were finding sadness Karl. Still need those reading comprehension classes I see. That's NOT what was said or being talked about Karl. Read it, reread it, then read it again. Pretty soon, I'm gunna start charging you for that bit of advise. Everything isn't about money Karl, and your speculations on their lifestyle/upbringing are your own. What would you know about it? Very little I presume. All your knowledge (or should I say lack there of) is what's being passed down the grapevine, from the sound of things.

"Even sadder still, those that disrespect/belittle them now that they've reached the end of a very long and hard road. A road so few of us have traveled, and can't possibly understand. Though we like to act like we know all about what they went through" - Case in point.... Karllost

Also, that statement wasn't directed solely at basketball players. Pull you head out of you a** Karl. Out of every screenname on here, I'd have to say that yours is the most fitting.

This isn't a discussion about Rondo. So why are you even in here?

Sections
Shortcuts