The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation

I'll spare you all from the idiotic DaCeltic trade ideas and whatever it is the racist DUDDER is gleefully babbling about right now (as we all know he hates the Celtics).

Here are the FACTS about what Howard and the Magic will be looking to do:

1. Dwight wants a SIGN AND TRADE.... ASAP... because he knows he can get 6 years 120 million like LBJ/Bosh... RIGHT NOW... but after the CBA expires... POOF! That offer may never be seen again

2. The Magic will want young CHEAP players (rookie contracts/early 20's) and draft picks in a trade.

3. They will want to dump one or BOTH of their obscenely awful contracts in any deal (Turkoglu and Arenas) and save as much as possible to rebuild.

4. Howard will NOT want to go to a lotto team. He WILL want to play with 1-2 superstars. All-stars like our big 3 and LA's will be for 1-2 more years , but also guys his age (LA doesn't offer that - Celts do).

5. Howard will want a glamorous city.

6. Howard will want a franchise that is not a "mid-major' but a perennial power with a logo and history well-known worldwide.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation

Boston or LA  I see 2 draft picks and 2 players to make that deal work. The only chip we have over LA is the Clippers pick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

A big fact there isn't a good situation for Howard to get traded too,before the lockout. 
    The Hornets are in the same boat,unless Paul would agree to a trade to Boston for Rondo,if Howard told him. He would sign in Boston as a free agent.

Heat could offer Lebron or Wade,but both those players would demand a trade,so they wouldn't play for Orlando.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Glamorous city? That leaves Boston out and L.A. in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Young talent leaves L A  out.  Orlando doesn't want anyone on your team,while they might want Rondo. 

I don't think Orando trades him until. he becomes a free agent and its a sign and trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Why does the racist non-fan post on a fan thread authored by someone who has him on ignore?

"Posts from TheDUDDER are hidden"  sweetest 5 words on this forum.

It does seem to leave Boston or LA. I'd like to discuss who is the better match with the real fans in a realistic way.

clearly the only disadvantage is the glam of the city...

and Howard is a bit of an attention hog goober

But when it comes to the MAGIC and what they want (since they hold the key... extra years and MILLION in salary) how will it play out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The longer the Magic wait the less they get in compensation.

See the scummy collusions efforts of LBJ/Bosh/Wade and the weak compensation toronto and cleveland got (picks around #30).

Howard likely never see's 6/120 after July 1st of this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation:
    Why does the racist non-fan post on a fan thread authored by someone who has him on ignore? "Posts from TheDUDDER are hidden"  sweetest 5 words on this forum. It does seem to leave Boston or LA. I'd like to discuss who is the better match with the real fans in a realistic way. clearly the only disadvantage is the glam of the city... and Howard is a bit of an attention hog goober But when it comes to the MAGIC and what they want (since they hold the key... extra years and MILLION in salary) how will it play out?
    Posted by rameakap

And of course, ignore or otherwise, you stated no FACTS, and actually ignore the things that likely to happen.... keep ignoring and scratching your head every time you are wrong but learn a lot from me.

Howard is an attention hog.... and umm... he gets it no matter where he plays so the city he plays in is irrelevant.  LeBron played in Cleveland and got every single endorsement that was available, not sure if you noticed but Orlando is a small market and Howard is all over the TV..... just keep ignoring the truth and then maybe some day you could wake up and find out what is actually going on and join in some of the intelligent conversation.

Before the beginning I said that I thought the Heat would win in 7 and that most intelligent people thought the same thing and someone told me to dare come back on the board after the Cs win...... I don't think I have seen a post from that poster since............. it is ok to accept one's ineptitude and lack of knowledge but let's not let FACTS get in the way of a good story........  well at least not until some of the FACTS become FACTS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

The longer the Magic wait the less they get in compensation. See the scummy collusions efforts of LBJ/Bosh/Wade and the weak compensation toronto and cleveland got (picks around #30). Howard likely never see's 6/120 after July 1st of this year
    Posted by rameakap

The Hawks could offer Horford and Smith and Teague. They seem to be the only team who could meet the requirements,but the way Horford and Smith playe din the playoffs hurt that possiblity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes, and the Hawks are in their division. I don't know how much better they are with that addition by subtraction.

LA can offer two 1st rd picks in the 20's and Bynum... who makes about the same as Howard right now.

They can then start to talk contract swapping involving Artest/Odom/Blake etc in moves that can save the Magic.... 5-10-15 million??

They would want him out of the East.

And Dwight would want to go to LA over Boston.... even if Pau and Kobe as his two all-star teammates are 31-33 and not of his generation...

Rondo and Green are the EXACT same age as him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Boston were to get Howard it would have to be a grandfather offer of ALL our possible young picks/assets...

This is Avery, our 2011 #1 pick (25) 2012 #1 from the Clippers (in teens) and our 2013 # 1 (late 20's) and our 2nd from Cleve (via MN) in the 30's.

PLUS

we'd have to absord the contracts of Arenas and Turkoglu

KG/Ray/JON.... ALL EXPIRING... would be sent to Orlando

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Who else can attract Howard if not LA?

Here is the diff between our best offer and the Lakers:

A 1st rd pick in the teens and an extra 50+ million in savings vs. Bynum.

Do the Magic REALLY want to stay a 2nd rd playoff team and pin their hopes on an often injured punk?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

How about New Jersey?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about New Jersey?
    Posted by dirty52

They blew their draft picks on Deron Williams.

They do have cap space.

If they want to trade Lopez and take on the awful Turk contract they will simply have a team that won't compete past the 2nd rd.

Magic would prob find 4 draft picks and no Arenas better than a solid Center 2 years from free agency and Arenas still on the team.

NJ is a good landing spot if howard makes it to free agency and the Nets can trade lopez for a SF to complement what would be a good DWill-Morrow-Humphries-Howard 4some.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm not claiming facts, but I think that we could get Garnett back after he's bought out by the Magic.  The Magic would want the cap space to pursue someone in summer 2012, so Garnett, cheap player(s), and cash for Howard and a bad contract (that we might consider buying out for the right price).

Turkoglu might be reborn as a bench gunner/swingman... I wouldn't want Arenas because of the off-court baggage

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation:
    : 1. Dwight wants a SIGN AND TRADE.... ASAP... because he knows he can get 6 years 120 million like LBJ/Bosh... RIGHT NOW... but after the CBA expires... POOF! That offer may never be seen again
    Posted by rameakap

If the owners succeed in creating a hard cap, having a player with that kind of a contract may be very detrimental to the team.  They will just not have enough room to pay other good players.

I don't think that Orlando will entertain Howard trade proposals.  Just look at the Melo situation.  Howard has a choice to sign this extension with them, or enable a mega trade where Magic get Denver like return, or become a free agent.  If Dwight is after money, he has much less leverage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

PIPE DREAMS are funny, exclusively for fan-based boards.

Dwight Howard hasgiven absolutely NO INDICATION that he wants out of Orlando--ZERO. He's comfortable there and always reinforced the idea that he wants to WIN IN ORLANDO.

If he were to leave, Howard wants to go to a media market. That means either New York or L.A. But Howard has shown NO inclination of wanting to leave the Magic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : If the owners succeed in creating a hard cap, having a player with that kind of a contract may be very detrimental to the team.  They will just not have enough room to pay other good players. I don't think that Orlando will entertain Howard trade proposals.  Just look at the Melo situation.  Howard has a choice to sign this extension with them, or enable a mega trade where Magic get Denver like return, or become a free agent.  If Dwight is after money, he has much less leverage.
    Posted by prakash

Yes look at the melo situation

Silly to have rumors all season

but Denver ended up FINE not letting Melo walk like Bosh or James.

Magic should trad ehim over the summer and clea bad contracts, add financial space for the future

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

PIPE DREAMS are funny, exclusively for fan-based boards. Dwight Howard hasgiven absolutely NO INDICATION that he wants out of Orlando--ZERO. He's comfortable there and always reinforced the idea that he wants to WIN IN ORLANDO. If he were to leave, Howard wants to go to a media market. That means either New York or L.A. But Howard has shown NO inclination of wanting to leave the Magic.
    Posted by LakerFan67

Other Laker fans are here hysterically posting links showing he likely will leave the Magic

Having a top 3 media market or a top 15 one isn't going to make him turn down 30 million or whatever the new CBA rules may cost him.

He gets plenty of hype and ink in Orlando like LeBron did in Cleveland. Its prob the cold weather he'd dislike most about boston.

But again... 6 years 120 million or 5/90... and a winner vs. a loser... what's he going to do?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Howard has already expressed that he does not want to come to Boston.

Keep dreaming.  It's not going to happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Didn't KG say the same thing right before he agreed to go to Boston

When did he say that? I've never heard that.

That may change if Doc and Chris Paul are in Boston. What better coach is out there that guys want to play for? Poppovich maybe but they're situation is worse than the C's.

Spo? No
    Van Gundy? No
    Thibs? Maybe
    Carlistle? Maybe

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Howard has already expressed that he does not want to come to Boston. Keep dreaming.  It's not going to happen.
    Posted by soups

link? exact quote? Or is the dream the post that you just made up?

Again... KG came here.. but had previously agreed on a monster extension paying him 18-20 million ages 32-35.

If the new CBA puts a limit on years (5/6 down to 4/5) and max money (what once was 20 becomes 17... that kind of thing) no way howard cares about Boston as a location of he can get 6 years 126 million now but only 5 years 85 million in a year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Didn't KG say the same thing right before he agreed to go to Boston When did he say that? I've never heard that. That may change if Doc and Chris Paul are in Boston. What better coach is out there that guys want to play for? Poppovich maybe but they're situation is worse than the C's. Spo? No Van Gundy? No Thibs? Maybe Carlistle? Maybe
    Posted by BiasLewis

CP3's knee issues are worrisome.

What type of deal is that going to be then?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Who else can attract Howard if not LA? Here is the diff between our best offer and the Lakers: A 1st rd pick in the teens and an extra 50+ million in savings vs. Bynum. Do the Magic REALLY want to stay a 2nd rd playoff team and pin their hopes on an often injured punk?
    Posted by rameakap

I could definitely see Howard being traded to LA for Bynum and another LA player, although, I am not sure who that would be. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : CP3's knee issues are worrisome. What type of deal is that going to be then?
    Posted by rameakap

I think he could be had for Rondo, BBD, JON (contract) or Green and 2 #1s

The C's could take back CP3, Ariza, Bellineli

Sections
Shortcuts