The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation

This is prob what it would have to be...

Baby signs for the max extension we can give him under current CBA) 15% raise on his 3.3m salary = 3.8m. (years unimportant).

Deal # 1

Rondo (10m), Ray (10m), Green (signs 5.9m qualifier), Baby (3.8m) and our #1 pick this year to New Orleans (29.7 million)

for

CP3 (16.4m) Okafor (12.6m) and Ariza (7m) to Boston (36 million)

NO has a younger PG and SF, the combo of which is prob equal in production to CP3/Ariza, a draft pick and local boy Davis who takes Okafor's PF-C role at 10m less per year.

Had they extended Paul at the max he'd make 18-20-22 million the years Rondo made 11-12-13 million.

Green and Ariza are close to a financial a wash, once Green is extended at like 9m per. So 3 million more for Green thru the last 2 years of Ariza's deal and then 9 million more the year after.

So NO saves themselves 5m next year (once Ray is bought-out), Okafor's 28 million...poof gone (if Baby signs for 1 year)... and Rondo gets 24 million less than Paul thru 2015.

So it saves them like 40 million.

Ray returns here for vet min

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

That would work but I think we'd have to include BBD. If RA is included I would expect him to be bought out and return to Boston. Those negotiations would have to be clear before he picks up the player option he is due this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation:
    [QUOTE]That would work but I think we'd have to include BBD. If RA is included I would expect him to be bought out and return to Boston. Those negotiations would have to be clear before he picks up the player option he is due this year.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I tweaked it

fat big baby would have to accept like 1 year 3.8 and be willing to get in shape and prove himself worthy of a bigger deal next year in the new CBA

or sign for likea  5 years 22 million extension with us. I'm sure he thinks he deserves closer to the 8 million per Ty Thomas and Perk got... but whatever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So then deal #2 would have to be....

KG (21.2m) Avery (1.6m) and JON (6.3m) along with 2 draft picks (including clippers #1 in teens) total $ is 28.6 million.

for Howard (17.9), Turkoglu (10.6) and Duhon (ugly 4 yrs 14 million left) total $ is 31.9 million.

KG is then bought out and returns at vet.

Magic save themselves 5 million next year, and 30 million after that... not including the extension they'd have had to give Hoard... just to remain a salry capped out 2nd rd team.

And mark my words... if they get Bynum, Odom and some small (5-15 million) amount of $ help... they simply remain a 2nd rd team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So then Celtics have:

C - Howard (36 mins) Okafor (12m)
    PF - KG (24 mins) Okafor (12m) Turk (12m)
    SF - Pierce (12 mins) Ariza (24m) Turk (12m)
    SG - Ray (28 mins) Pierce (20 mins)
    PG - CPS (34 mins) DWest (14 mins)

Nice lil 9 man rotation. DWest and Murphy split the eventual MLE (like 3m-2m). Maybe Shaq picks up the 1.4 million option and gives us fun little farewell tour mins. Thats your 12 man team.

duhon and some 2nd rd picks never dress

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

WOW! I doubt very seriously all that will and can happen.

Remember we may be facing a hard cap or a franchise tag on one player. It would be better to get a deal done before July 1st.

If we had to franchise one player then it would be Paul. Right now I don't think the C's could label a franchise player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]Young talent leaves L A  out.  Orlando doesn't want anyone on your team,while they might want Rondo.     I don't think Orando trades him until. he becomes a free agent and its a sign and trade.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Rondo over Bynum?

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

YOUR FUNNY!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Here are the facts:

If DH is traded, he will NOT be going to a team within the east. (Orlando will not want to see him more than they have to)

Age is not a factor- he's already said he would most like to play with KB24!

Boston is NOT in the mix- he's already said he hates the slime green AND there is NO former celtic player running Orlando (unlike the KG rip-off) where he gets traded to beantown

Kareem Abdul Jabbar has worked great stuff with Bynum on his post moves, the same area DH needs to work on. Who do Boston have, bring that offensive beast Robert Parish? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DH craves a big market so as to maximize his off-court earnings, do I hear Hollywood?

Climate- warm, sunny Orlando to wet, cold miserable beantown?? Hardly, try warm sunny LA!

History- if not for the rape job McFale did on Minny, boston would still be insignificant. Ainge has never made a good franchise move however, the NBA'S greatest owner in Dr Buss is a beast and has kept the Lakers relevant since he took over.

Lastly, DH has made no secret that the Lakers are on his radar. Boston has never been mentioned by him, except to say he hates the slime green. Orlando fans themselves recognize that a DH trade to the Lakers is gathering momentum and are doing their best to let DH know how much they want him.

If DH is traded, he goes to the Lake Show. Boston has absolutely NO CHANCE!! You heard it here first boys and girls!

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/144284/20110511/dwight-howard-magic-lakers-bynum.htm

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

First the Lakers better get a coach.

Second, the Lakers are going to have to give up Bynum and Gasol or Odom. The Lakers have nothing else. No young players.

I haven't heard that Howard will not play for Boston.

Don't underestimate the influence of Doc and the Big 3.

I think the C's are more interested in getting CP3 anyway. Howard would be the icing on the cake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Laker-nation and his tiny brain do not provide any facts, truths or insight, so don't bother replying Bias

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

No one wants Bynum LA been trying to trade him for years. He is a on again off again player and he hurt his image in the playoffs. Rumors are he is not a good fir in the lockeroom. Our draft pics with the new CBA comming are more attractive than Bynum. Otis will build from the ground floor up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]This is prob what it would have to be... Baby signs for the max extension we can give him under current CBA) 15% raise on his 3.3m salary = 3.8m. (years unimportant). Deal # 1 Rondo (10m), Ray (10m), Green (signs 5.9m qualifier), Baby (3.8m) and our #1 pick this year to New Orleans (29.7 million) for CP3 (16.4m) Okafor (12.6m) and Ariza (7m) to Boston (36 million) NO has a younger PG and SF, the combo of which is prob equal in production to CP3/Ariza, a draft pick and local boy Davis who takes Okafor's PF-C role at 10m less per year. Had they extended Paul at the max he'd make 18-20-22 million the years Rondo made 11-12-13 million. Green and Ariza are close to a financial a wash, once Green is extended at like 9m per. So 3 million more for Green thru the last 2 years of Ariza's deal and then 9 million more the year after. So NO saves themselves 5m next year (once Ray is bought-out), Okafor's 28 million...poof gone (if Baby signs for 1 year)... and Rondo gets 24 million less than Paul thru 2015. So it saves them like 40 million. Ray returns here for vet min
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Contrary to popular belief, there is a reason Rondo makes two thirds of what Paul makes..... he brings two thirds of the skills to the table.......duh..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"All-stars like our big 3 and LA's"  

Not all of the "facts" are facts. Calling anyone, except Gasol (by default), on the Lakers an "all-star" after the rapist is iffy.  Who's left, O-dumb, Fisher, Artest?  Not really. Their trade bait amounts to blowing up the team because they'll have to give up Bynum and Gasol while Fisher is cooked and they don't have anyone to play the point.  I can't see LA as being attractive unless you might be speaking of the Clips in the immediate future.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation:
    [QUOTE]I'll spare you all from the idiotic DaCeltic trade ideas and whatever it is the racist DUDDER is gleefully babbling about right now (as we all know he hates the Celtics). Here are the FACTS about what Howard and the Magic will be looking to do: 1. Dwight wants a SIGN AND TRADE.... ASAP... because he knows he can get 6 years 120 million like LBJ/Bosh... RIGHT NOW... but after the CBA expires... POOF! That offer may never be seen again 2. The Magic will want young CHEAP players (rookie contracts/early 20's) and draft picks in a trade. 3. They will want to dump one or BOTH of their obscenely awful contracts in any deal (Turkoglu and Arenas) and save as much as possible to rebuild. 4. Howard will NOT want to go to a lotto team. He WILL want to play with 1-2 superstars. All-stars like our big 3 and LA's will be for 1-2 more years , but also guys his age (LA doesn't offer that - Celts do). 5. Howard will want a glamorous city. 6. Howard will want a franchise that is not a "mid-major' but a perennial power with a logo and history well-known worldwide.

Let's try some of this.....

Stars want to play where there are stars and there are no stars in Boston.

Danny made a once in a career series of transactions mostly because he had two huge expiring contracts and he made the deal with his friend.

There is no incentive for players to come here and lose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : The Hawks could offer Horford and Smith and Teague. They seem to be the only team who could meet the requirements,but the way Horford and Smith playe din the playoffs hurt that possiblity.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Let's see I am a team that just to the team that is the #1 seed and going to the ECF and I want to trade some of my key players to a team that will be completely irrelevant in a couple of years.

So for some reason the Hawks that have a much younger core and a bright future against some of the actual contenders would like to trade several of their best players to a team that will be completely irrelevant ina a couple of years.... yeah that makes a lot of sense.....

So I have 3 big brothers all of which are older than me and in a couple of years none of them will be even be able to play let alone contend but I should give them a couple of the best players on my team?  Or I can just continue to climb the ladder and then when they can no longer compete I will have one of the best teams...... let's make that trade.  duh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation:
    [QUOTE]I'll spare you all from the idiotic DaCeltic trade ideas and whatever it is the racist DUDDER is gleefully babbling about right now (as we all know he hates the Celtics). Here are the FACTS about what Howard and the Magic will be looking to do: 1. Dwight wants a SIGN AND TRADE.... ASAP... because he knows he can get 6 years 120 million like LBJ/Bosh... RIGHT NOW... but after the CBA expires... POOF! That offer may never be seen again 2. The Magic will want young CHEAP players (rookie contracts/early 20's) and draft picks in a trade. 3. They will want to dump one or BOTH of their obscenely awful contracts in any deal (Turkoglu and Arenas) and save as much as possible to rebuild. 4. Howard will NOT want to go to a lotto team. He WILL want to play with 1-2 superstars. All-stars like our big 3 and LA's will be for 1-2 more years , but also guys his age (LA doesn't offer that - Celts do). 5. Howard will want a glamorous city. 6. Howard will want a franchise that is not a "mid-major' but a perennial power with a logo and history well-known worldwide.

5.  Howard will want a glamorous city.

Ok, that pretty much eliminates Boston from consideration.  Lol. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/02/22/espn-host-predicts-dwight-howard-will-be-with-lakers-in-future/

http://magicbasketballonline.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/dwight-howard-was-just-traded-to-the-l-a-lakers-i-think/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/700525-nba-playoff-schedule-2011-start-times-news-and-bold-predictions/entry/81825-la-lakers-will-the-lakers-acquire-dwight-howard-and-chris-paul

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8362749

http://www.businessinsider.com/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-orlando-magic-2012-2010-12

Under even the most optimistic view of the 2011-12 salary cap, the Lakers are poised to exceed it by a good $40 million. Same goes for the luxury tax; if there is one in the new CBA, owner Jerry Buss can plan on writing at least a $27 million check to the Kings and Timberwolves of the world for his star-studded payroll.

So what is a shaken dynasty to do? Well, what the Lakers lack in payroll flexibility, they more than atone for with tradable assets. And it's time to start wondering what those assets -- namely, Gasol, Bynum and Odom -- might yield before Bryant's final years are needlessly wasted.

Exhibit A in such a scenario is Magic center Dwight Howard, whose own team is at a similarly hopeless crossroads. Motivated by Miami's summer smorgasbord of free agents, the Magic panicked when they re-acquired Hedo Turkoglu and tried to resurrect Gilbert Arenas' sagging career. Orlando, with an expensive new arena to pay for, owes Turkoglu and Arenas $66.5 million over the next two seasons. With Howard approaching free agency, that's a recipe for disaster regardless of how the new collective bargaining agreement turns out.

Of the teams Howard is likely to consider when exercising his early-termination option after next season -- sources say the Lakers, Knicks and Nets are the strong favorites -- L.A. is the one with the most attractive trade assets. The massive contracts attached to the Lakers' most desirable players also puts them in the rare position of being able to absorb either Arenas or Turkoglu as a way to soften the blow for Orlando.

"Everybody knows that Dwight Howard wants to be a Laker," said a person familiar with the All-Star center's plans. "They're going to lose Dwight Howard for nothing. He's not staying there. Dwight Howard is going to be in the same mode as LeBron James."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and yet somehow the reasonable truths of this thread show that the Celtics assets will save Orlando MORE money and help them rebuild cheaply to be better when the Heat big 3 go the way of the Celtics big 3.

If Orlando gets Bynum and Odom they remain a 2nd rd. playoff team with little $ savings.

If LA adds Howard at the expense of the 27 points and 18 rebounds Bynum and Odom provide how does that make them ANY BETTER??

hahaha

facts shut up the hyserical trolls as always

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

The bottom line is a young 25 year old man named Dwight Howard has a complex, life altering, decision to make.  There are a lot of variables involved in Dwight’s decision and in how the Magic handle it (player options, collective bargaining agreements, trade rules, salaries, players involved, etc.).  The decision point is about a year away, but the trade talk will be constant until a) Dwight re-signs, or b) Dwight is traded.  Let’s give him some time to think about this life altering decision and most importantly, let’s give LIFE some time to play out.

And while we’re waiting, repeat after me: Dwight Howard is not leaving Orlando. Dwight Howard is not leaving Orlando. Dwight Howard is not leaving Orlando.

http://magicbasketballonline.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/dwight-howard-was-just-traded-to-the-l-a-lakers-i-think/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

"Everybody knows that Dwight Howard wants to be a Laker,"

Come on in Dr Buss!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]"Everybody knows that Dwight Howard wants to be a Laker," Come on in Dr Buss!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Looks like you got caught lying! Laughing

“I love Orlando,” Howard said on the Dan Patrick Show. “The city has been very good to me and I would love to finish my career here. I want to win a championship and I want to win it in Orlando. … That’s all I’ve been thinking about.”

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : Looks like you got caught lying!  http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/03/07/say-it-on-the-radio-it-must-be-so/ “I love Orlando,” Howard said on the   Dan Patrick   Show. “The city has been very good to me and I would love to finish my career here. I want to win a championship and I want to win it in Orlando. … That’s all I’ve been thinking about.”
    Posted by kybested[/QUOTE]

Lying?? No, Shaq said the same thing!!

We all know how that worked out for Orlando huh.

Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : Lying?? No, Shaq said the same thing!! We all know how that worked out for Orlando huh.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Before the season started I thought you trolls said the Lakers had the best player in Kobe, the best coach in Phil, the best frontcourt in the NBA, and the an improved bench. Why didn't the Lakers win a single game against the soft Dallas Mavs?

Now you're hoping lightning strikes twice and Dwight Howard ends up with the Lakers. Keep hoping, troll! Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The bottom line is a young 25 year old man named Dwight Howard has a complex, life altering, decision to make.  There are a lot of variables involved in Dwight’s decision and in how the Magic handle it (player options, collective bargaining agreements, trade rules, salaries, players involved, etc.).  The decision point is about a year away, but the trade talk will be constant until a) Dwight re-signs, or b) Dwight is traded.  Let’s give him some time to think about this life altering decision and most importantly, let’s give  LIFE  some time to play out. And while we’re waiting, repeat after me: Dwight Howard is not leaving Orlando. Dwight Howard is not leaving Orlando. Dwight Howard is not leaving Orlando. http://magicbasketballonline.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/dwight-howard-was-just-traded-to-the-l-a-lakers-i-think/
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Howard may indeed remain in Orlando.  I would imagine that if this happens, they will have roster changes to try to win a championship.  Not sure who will get traded, but I suppose it is possible that Dwight remains in Orlando.