The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation

In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : While it's possible I don't think it would be a wise move. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm As you can see the Magic and Lakers have the same problem, they're stuck with what they got until 2014.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Huh?  The Lakers have 3 tradable assets, Odom, Bynum, and Gasol.  I wouldn't say they're stuck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : Looks like you got caught lying!  http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/03/07/say-it-on-the-radio-it-must-be-so/ “I love Orlando,” Howard said on the   Dan Patrick   Show. “The city has been very good to me and I would love to finish my career here. I want to win a championship and I want to win it in Orlando. … That’s all I’ve been thinking about.”
    Posted by kybested[/QUOTE]

And athletes are always honest when they're talking to the press, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Laker fools on this thread have failed to respond to FACTS that they give up more points, minutes and rebounds in TWO of the THREE guys they must give up Odom/Bynum/Pau than they get back in Howard...

Howard has been nuetralized in the playoffs by the likes of Perk, Baby and Jason Collins

Kobe looked his age and it will only get worse for him as he goes from 31-32 year old superstar to 33-34 year old all-star who scores around 21-22 points, finally to 35-36 year old has-been who gets 16-17...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : Huh?  The Lakers have 3 tradable assets, Odom, Bynum, and Gasol.  I wouldn't say they're stuck.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

I think there is a fundamental flaw in just about every trade discussion I have seen.  Players with more than one year remaining on their contracts are not tradeable assets - they are gigantic liabilities given that there will be a new CBA which will likely include a hard cap.  With a cap of 60 million how on earth does a 15 or 20 million dollar player with several years remaining become a tradeable asset?

The only players that are tradeable assets are the ones that are overpaid and going into the final year of their contract and if you could stop and think about it logically, the teams willing to take a large expiring contract are the ones that are looking to dump salaries, i.e. players that are not living up to their contracts - so you give up a large expiring contract and get back a bunch of overpaid scrubs that will ensure that you remain wallowing in the land of mediocrity........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Sorry but your the fool if you think AB/Odom for Howard is a push. So foolish that you shouldnt waste anyones time w/ another thread. AB blows a knee every time he gets off the couch. Thats about as dumb as " we lost bc we dont have Perk " , besides the Lakers need a PG more than another big right now. Kobe and the Lakers cant play shut down D anymore , they cant keep anyone in front of them. I mean Paul was blowing by Kobe on one leg.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry but your the fool if you think AB/Odom for Howard is a push. So foolish that you shouldnt waste anyones time w/ another thread. AB blows a knee every time he gets off the couch. Thats about as dumb as " we lost bc we dont have Perk " , besides the Lakers need a PG more than another big right now. Kobe and the Lakers cant play shut down D anymore , they cant keep anyone in front of them. I mean Paul was blowing by Kobe on one leg.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

what is dumb is using Bynum's kneeissues to claim the trade wouldn't be a wash.

if the knee issues are a legit concern then the Magic would be unwise to trade howard for him. They could trade him for DeAndre Jordan and his zero heatth issues. plus guys like Aminu and Blesose instead.

id the knee is not a concern he is a 17-11 Center. Odom is like a 13-9 PF. So Howard is going to average 30 points and 20 rebounds?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Boston proposal:

west/bb/ draft picks for.....dum dum dum dum dum

Howard and Nelson!

Yes folks that what some boston fans are proposing,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Only in boston!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Boston proposal: west/bb/ draft picks for.....dum dum dum dum dum Howard and Nelson! Yes folks that what some boston fans are proposing,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Only in boston!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

keep bringing your insecure ignorance

the proposals on this thread gave the Magic 70 million in savings and 4 young assets/draft picks.

La can save them 10-15 million and give them 2 bad picks and Odom/Bynum who keeps them a 2nd rd team.

Yawn for Magic fans... better to clear it all away, horder picks and cap space, get top 5 lotte picks '12-'15 and compete down the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : keep bringing your insecure ignorance the proposals on this thread gave the Magic 70 million in savings and 4 young assets/draft picks. La can save them 10-15 million and give them 2 bad picks and Odom/Bynum who keeps them a 2nd rd team. Yawn for Magic fans... better to clear it all away, horder picks and cap space, get top 5 lotte picks '12-'15 and compete down the road.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

4 young "assets" and draft picks for DH and Nelson!! As I said folks, only in Boston!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

The Lakers just need to tweek their roster. They desperately need a point guard and a reliable small foward. Fisher is too old, too slow and Artest showed that his interests are outside of basketball & is easily distracted.

Although difficult, this is doable for L.A. And although Phil Jackson was the greatest coach in the MODERN NBA, he was tired of the grind and had gotten too lazy in recent years. Father time catches up with coaches as well.

The Lakers will find a quality coach and will be aggressively pursuing the players they need.

The reason players want to come to L.A. is the hype--weather, media market & Laker history. It's difficult to compete with that. If Chris Paul considers a trade and its L.A., he'll juimp at the opportunity because he knows what the Lakers need and he believes that he can deliver it whereas New York is lacking a quality center.

Of the 2 players, Paul would be more open to a trade or to move on. Based on all that Howard has said and based on his behavior, Dwight sounds like he loves Orlando and would not be so willing to bolt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : 4 young "assets" and draft picks for DH and Nelson!! As I said folks, only in Boston!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

20 yr old avery Bradley and THREE draft picks, one in the teens from the Clips are what you call assets

you only have two such assets to offer... 2 1st rd picks... one of which would be WAY worse

Bynum is a great young center, even though he is a punk... but I'd rather save 50 million and start over than have Bynum/Odom and stay the same 2nd rd team

hahahaha

your ignorance is as always astounding, as always you are shown the fool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The undisputed FACTS about the Howard situation : 20 yr old avery Bradley and THREE draft picks, one in the teens from the Clips are what you call assets you only have two such assets to offer... 2 1st rd picks... one of which would be WAY worse Bynum is a great young center, even though he is a punk... but I'd rather save 50 million and start over than have Bynum/Odom and stay the same 2nd rd team hahahaha your ignorance is as always astounding, as always you are shown the fool

This is it folks...the dumbest post of the year!!

Wannabe's and drafts for DH!!!! Wow, bet ya Orlando can't wait to jump onto that ship lmao.

Oh, remind me when anyone connected with DH ever said he wanted to join boston? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As always, you FAIL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Blindness and ignorance, pity is all I have for you

When a team rebuilds, saving an additonal 50-60 million and adding BETTER draft picks tends to be wiser than making lateral moves for expensive vets like Bynum/Odom and NOT competing for a title but staying a middle of the run playoff team.

Who knows where DH wants to be or where he eventually goes for sure

What I have done is make a 100% factual argument that the Celtics can help the Orlando Magic's ownership and rebuilding future more than the Lakers will

and that takes itnelligence and insight

Laker-Nation is a CHILD who CANNOT grasp the significance of this in depth discussion

Laker-Nation YOU FAIL

HAHA, as always

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Blindness and ignorance, pity is all I have for you When a team rebuilds, saving an additonal 50-60 million and adding BETTER draft picks tends to be wiser than making lateral moves for expensive vets like Bynum/Odom and NOT competing for a title but staying a middle of the run playoff team. Who knows where DH wants to be or where he eventually goes for sure What I have done is make a 100% factual argument that the Celtics can help the Orlando Magic's ownership and rebuilding future more than the Lakers will and that takes itnelligence and insight Laker-Nation is a CHILD who CANNOT grasp the significance of this in depth discussion Laker-Nation YOU FAIL HAHA, as always

Speculation is not "factual", it is speculation........  boil it down to its most basic fundamental assumption - Howard will make the max money no matter where he goes and he wants to start winning titles.........  in Boston, he gets the max money but in Boston he has absolutely no chance to win....... just stop the nonsense.