The untouchables

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The untouchables

To me only KG, Rondo, Sully,  and AB should not be traded..Everybody else is in play..

Of course, Sully and AB may bring that coveted big that can make us a true contender..

What say youz...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: The untouchables

AB had a a nice run at the end of last RS and seems to have great attitude combined with a desire to play defense, but:

He is undersized as a 2 guard, has almost no pg skills, already had 3 major surgeries and played the total amount of ?20? above average games. Maybe we expecting a little to much of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I think KG has a no trade clause in his contract.

If JG was playing better, I might agree with PP being trade-able. PP for Gasol (right now) would benefit both teams!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Untouchable? that means......you get garbage in return.

You want quality player? then everyone must be at the grid as bait....everyone!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I mean untradeable in the sense, that we need them to stay in the hunt. PP in my opinion is no longer in that mold. He looks old, (unless there is an injury?) But like you said, we don't have any one else to take the scoring load at this point. But for the right player  Danny will have to pull the trigger.(Gasol) Sully and AB must also  bring us that top quality big in return.

I also think we need another good shooter on this team..SA has several players that can stretch the defense which makes it easier for them to make penetrating drives to the baske, off of pics and rolls. instead of settling for jump shooting every time down the court. That type of flexibility is diffifuclt to defend against.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think we have to decide what direction to take..another run at the title if even a possibility or build for the future.. that should dictate what to do.

After miscalculating Shaqs & JON's availability ... we put our eggs into Darkos basket.. and came up empty again at the 5.  We have a shot at another run if we trade for a contributor up front but thats gonna cost us ... nobody gonna give up quality for garbage..  as in take our 4 worse players for your starting center..

Otherwise, develop these guys like Sully and AB... and unload PP and KG to a contender for some picks or young players

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we have to decide what direction to take..another run at the title if even a possibility or build for the future.. that should dictate what to do.

After miscalculating Shaqs & JON's availability ... we put our eggs into Darkos basket.. and came up empty again at the 5.  We have a shot at another run if we trade for a contributor up front but thats gonna cost us ... nobody gonna give up quality for garbage..  as in take our 4 worse players for your starting center..

Otherwise, develop these guys like Sully and AB... and unload PP and KG to a contender for some picks or young players

Lee, Green and Bass are hardly garbage.  Gortat is hardly a blue chip player.  I think a deal could get done.  We have better players to trade this year.  Rebuilding with Sully and AB is not going to get us far they are components of a good team.  You are smart you know all that.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

The only player that the Celts have as trade value that would bring us an allstar player is Rondo.    If we can get a top Center or another star PG, I say trade Rondo.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me only KG, Rondo, Sully,  and AB should not be traded..Everybody else is in play..

Of course, Sully and AB may bring that coveted big that can make us a true contender..

What say youz...

[/QUOTE]

Add Pierce to that list. 

The Celts are not going to get far in the playoffs without Pierce.

Bass, Lee, and Green = 20m

Let's just wait.

[/QUOTE]

You are right about Pierce.  We need to tone his role on the team down however.  He is a player who would be more effective if he played and handled the ball less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What say youz...

[/QUOTE]

Add Pierce to that list. 

The Celts are not going to get far in the playoffs without Pierce.

Bass, Lee, and Green = 20m

Let's just wait.

[/QUOTE]
    He sure spoke loud and clear today.. Made me look foolish for even thinking about it..lol..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

God, Jermaine O'Neal s**ked soooo bad

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

For the right player, we have no untouchables,not even close to an untouchable!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lee, Green and Bass are hardly garbage.  Gortat is hardly a blue chip player.  I think a deal could get done.  We have better players to trade this year.  Rebuilding with Sully and AB is not going to get us far they are components of a good team.  You are smart you know all that.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you need to re-read my post. I said for our 4 worse players... are you saying Lee, Green and Bass are 3 of our 4 worse players?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

To me only KG, Rondo, Sully, and AB should not be traded..Everybody else is in play

Yea thats nice.  Who do u expect to get when your not willing to give up any good young talent? It takes talent to get talent.  So we are gonna have to give up young talent to get a proven one. To get gortat we are gonna HAVE to give up either AB OR SULLY and maybe even both. And u know what it would still be a fair trade. Centers are very hard to come by and in this division u are gonna need size. Gortat is a very good player avgd 12-9-2 in 3 years as a starter for the suns. Is a plus defender also. Only 28, still in his prime. He is a very good pick and roll player and would shine with rondo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Geen,Bass, Lee are nice young talents..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me only KG, Rondo, Sully, and AB should not be traded..Everybody else is in play

Yea thats nice.  Who do u expect to get when your not willing to give up any good young talent? It takes talent to get talent.  So we are gonna have to give up young talent to get a proven one. To get gortat we are gonna HAVE to give up either AB OR SULLY and maybe even both. And u know what it would still be a fair trade. Centers are very hard to come by and in this division u are gonna need size. Gortat is a very good player avgd 12-9-2 in 3 years as a starter for the suns. Is a plus defender also. Only 28, still in his prime. He is a very good pick and roll player and would shine with rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Ill go out on a limb an say no way Danny gives up both..one or the other, not both..

If Orlando trades Howard for a bucket of peanuts, then we can get this guy for one young talent/salary and picks.

Unless Green starts to play like he did tonite on a reguar basis..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If KG goes, then all bets are off...no championship for years to come..does'n matter what we get in return...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

it's highly, highly unlikely pierce or garnett are going to bring the kind of value it would take to warrant trading them. they mean more to this team then they would to anyone else. 

rondo should not and will not be going anywhere. 

i'd argue that this team needs jason terry and personally would not move AB or sullinger as to me they represent the future.

i'd also argue that this team needs chris wilcox  

that leaves courtney lee, barbosa, green, bass, melo, joseph, and collins and the fact that this team is at least one (if not 2) solid big men away from thinking about competing

if you can get a solid big man for two or three players or two players and a pick you probably do it, but you can't sell out the farm. 

but it's not as if the need is a secret and it isn't if ainge/rivers and everyone else in the organization doesn't know there is a huge hole there. seemingly, some move will be made

best case scenario is lee/melo/bass or lee/bass and a pick gets it done in the next few months

unless it's an all-star caliber big I wouldn't include AB in any deal, and even then...

sullinger would be easier than bradley to part with, but for my money it would have to be for a better player than gortat

green has been pretty bad, but his coming back from heart surgery/relative newness to the team, makes it easier to continue to hold out hope there will be better play to come. the lack of aggressiveness and toughness is dispirting though, and green's contract would seemingly make him very difficult to trade. and even if he is movable his talent would make pulling the trigger on him tough. think in another 4-6 weeks it'll be easier to gage his value.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

best case scenario is lee/melo/bass or lee/bass and a pick gets it done in the next few months

Salaries have to match. That wouldnt work.

Geen,Bass, Lee are nice young talents..

Yea with bad  long contracts. Jgreen's contract is up there with one of the worst in the nba (hollinger said that it was worst signing of the year). Lee and bass are both slightly overpaid and are not centerpieces in a trade for a top 10 center in gortat. U have to understand that there are a lot of teams who would be interested in gortat, so your not gonna get him for peanuts. U are gonna have to give up a good young talent  a vet, and prob a pick, the 1st rd wont have much value to the suns cuz the cs are gonna have a pick in the 20's in a weak draft and the suns already stockpiled several of those late 1st rounders from the nash deal. So my guess its gonna take bradley,sullinger and lee and a 1st. That is a fair offer, we are not gonna be able to steal gortat. Hes in his prime, has a good contract and there will be a lot of suitors.

Obviously i prefer to keep  bradley or sullinger, but if you look at our roster we our loaded at sg and pf. So it makes sense to trade from those spots. Gortat is only 28 so I dont see this as sacrificing the future. Ud still have rondo, green, bbass, gortat as a core. Anyone who watches the cs knows our biggest weakness is protecting the rim and rebounding, gortat does both and scores too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you need to re-read my post. I said for our 4 worse players... are you saying Lee, Green and Bass are 3 of our 4 worse players?

[/QUOTE]

No, but the idea was we need to bring in a guy like Gortat and players we can move are Lee, Green, Sullinger and Bass.  They are talented players that if in exchange we get back Gortat for say Lee and  Bass.  It would be worth it.  I think we agree on what needs to be done.  The garbage comment confused me as I thought you meant the four players that would make the trade work.  Lee certainly does not look like he fits in the team's plans nor is Bass and irreplaceable starter. He is a good bench guy. Hopefully Phoenix makes a trade like that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You want quality player?"

Umm, no - not quite. You want a quality player without giving up something that prevents you from competing this year. Therefore KG and Rondo are untouchable, and likely Pierce. 

"then everyone must be at the grid as bait....everyone!"

Err, no. See above. 

We actually don't have any trade pieces right now. 

In other words - quality players that other teams want that we can live without. 

Bradley is worth nothing till he plays again. Sully is a rook and also worth nothing, plus you don't give up on that guy. 

Lee may be expendable but can't get much for him. 

For trading, best hope is that Jeff Green has a solid month, but again, trading Green for a big might be questionable at that point. 

Plus Green has a pretty unattractive contract because Ainge overpaid bidding largely against himself. 

In other words, enjoy your team. Best chance for bigs is as Kirk6 says, Doc plays Wilcox more and he turns out to be good.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Melo has as much chance of being the Suns future 5 as he does being the Cs future 5.

In other words... to be more specific.... garbage plus 1st round pics.

Pud