The vaunted West is overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

The vaunted West is overrated

Racking up a bunch of wins doesn't mean anything playing in the soft west.  As I said before, there is only one team in the West capable of winning the title, and a bunch of good teams.  Case in point: the old and soft San Antonio Spurs won 61 games this year and look how they faired in the playoffs.  (To be fair maybe OKC is capable of winning it all this year, although I believe they are a year away.)
    On the other hand the East may have more lousy teams but the road to the Finals is much tougher with three championship level teams.
     So Laker trolls, stop bitching about the West being the tougher conference.  Which is the tougher road to the Finals? Dallas then Memphis/OKC or Miami then Chicago? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: The vaunted West is overrated

Lets see, didn't the c's just eliminate two of their best stars????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

In the past, that may be true. In the present, youth is is question mark.

Three of the best four, are in the east!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated:
    [QUOTE]Lets see, didn't the c's just eliminate two of their best stars????
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Hahaha yes! Two guys who gave the Lakers fits in the past to WCFs teamed up in the East, only to be dispatched in 4 straight. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Who cares the when we all know the Lakers will win it all AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

2000- Lakers       WEST
    2001- Lakers       WEST
    2002- Lakers       WEST
    2003- Spurs         WEST

2004- Pistons       EAST

2005- Spurs         WEST

2006- Heat          EAST

2007- Spurs         WEST

2008- Celtics       EAST

2009- Lakers       WEST
    2010- Lakers       WEST

Wow, that Leastern conference sure is tough. At least the celtics have one more thing in common with the Least, neither can go back to back!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]2000- Lakers       WEST 2001- Lakers       WEST 2002- Lakers       WEST 2003- Spurs         WEST 2004- Pistons       EAST 2005- Spurs         WEST 2006- Heat          EAST 2007- Spurs         WEST 2008- Celtics       EAST 2009- Lakers       WEST 2010- Lakers       WEST Wow, that Leastern conference sure is tough. At least the celtics have one more thing in common with the Least, neither can go back to back!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

How many championships did the Lakers win in the 1990s?

1998-99
    San Antonio Spurs
    New York Knicks
    Tim Duncan, San Antonio
    1997-98
    Chicago Bulls
    Utah Jazz
    1996-97
    Chicago Bulls
    Utah Jazz
    1995-96
    Chicago Bulls
    Seattle SuperSonics
    1994-95
    Houston Rockets
    Orlando Magic
    1993-94
    Houston Rockets
    New York Knicks
    1992-93
    Chicago Bulls
    Phoenix Suns
    1991-92
    Chicago Bulls
    Portland Trail Blazers
    1990-91
    Chicago Bulls
    Los Angeles Lakers
    1989-90
    Detroit Pistons
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Isiah Thomas, Detroit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : How many championships did the Lakers win in the 1990s? 1998-99 San Antonio Spurs New York Knicks 4-1 Tim Duncan , San Antonio 1997-98 Chicago Bulls Utah Jazz 4-2 Michael Jordan , Chicago 1996-97 Chicago Bulls Utah Jazz 4-2 Michael Jordan , Chicago 1995-96 Chicago Bulls Seattle SuperSonics 4-2 Michael Jordan , Chicago 1994-95 Houston Rockets Orlando Magic 4-0 Hakeem Olajuwon , Houston 1993-94 Houston Rockets New York Knicks 4-3 Hakeem Olajuwon , Houston 1992-93 Chicago Bulls Phoenix Suns 4-2 Michael Jordan , Chicago 1991-92 Chicago Bulls Portland Trail Blazers 4-2 Michael Jordan , Chicago 1990-91 Chicago Bulls Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Michael Jordan , Chicago 1989-90 Detroit Pistons Portland Trail Blazers 4-1 Isiah Thomas , Detroit  
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

The same amount as boston did!! Lmao.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated :

You have nothing to say? 

Guess you're right after all, that your silence is golden. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : You have nothing to say?  Guess you're right after all, that your silence is golden. LOL

As posted, the same amount Boston did. On that note, how long was boston irrelevant for?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : As posted, the same amount Boston did. On that note, how long was boston irrelevant for?

Boston was irrelevant for a long time but the Lakers still couldn't catch up. Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : Boston was irrelevant for a long time but the Lakers still couldn't catch up. 

Before Magic joined the Lakers, we were 7 or so behind. Wind the clock forward, we're 1 behind. Can you hear the drums beating?!

Within the next 10 years, not only will we equal boston but we'll pass you!

You heard it hear first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : Before Magic joined the Lakers, we were 7 or so behind. Wind the clock forward, we're 1 behind. Can you hear the drums beating?! Within the next 10 years, not only will we equal boston but we'll pass you! You heard it hear first.

Are you feelin' ok? Before Magic came to the Lakers the Lakers ONLY had 1 championship as the LA Lakers. You don't hear the OKC Thunder bragging about their 1979 championship in Seattle. Get real!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Until the Lakers actually pass the Celtics for the most NBA titles, as of today the Lakers passing the Celtics is just a figment of your imagination. You heard it HERE first! LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : Are you feelin' ok? Before Magic came to the Lakers the Lakers ONLY had 1 championship as the LA Lakers. You don't hear the OKC Thunder bragging about their 1979 championship in Seattle. Get real!

Excellent!!!! Until you said that I totally forgot that OKC was from Seattle and they won a championship in 1979. Laker nonsense adding up championships from different cities. That is the only way they can catch up to the C's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

if they do catch us......we will still be up 9-3 (or 9-4 if they beat us head to head this year)....that is called head to head dominance folks!!!

In addition, the Celtics won all of their titles in Boston...more importantly.....the Celtics have won all of their titles in the "modern era" (since the shot clock was introduced, forever changing the game...)  ......no other team can say that....in fact, no other team is close...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

How many championship banners hang in Staples Center?  10
    How many banners in the garden? 17

Power has clearly shifted to the East and the West is getting weaker each year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think the T-Wolves should get those 5 titles back!!!     lol

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Count them ladies, count them real good. The drums are beating hard girls!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Los Angeles only had 11 parades from Laker championships. I wonder where the other 5 parades were held?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

exactly:

NBA champions

Year↓ Western Champion↓ Result Eastern Champion↓ Reference
    1950 Minneapolis Lakers[b] 4–2 Syracuse Nationalsdagger [18][19]
    1951 Rochester Royals 4–3 New York Knicks [20]
    1952 Minneapolis Lakers 4–3 New York Knicks [21]
    1953 Minneapolis Lakersdagger 4–1 New York Knicks [22]
    1954 Minneapolis Lakersdagger 4–3 Syracuse Nationals [23]
    1955 Fort Wayne Pistonsdagger 3–4 Syracuse Nationalsdagger [24]
    1956 Fort Wayne Pistons 1–4 Philadelphia Warriorsdagger [25]
    1957 St. Louis Hawks 3–4 Boston Celticsdagger [26]
    1958 St. Louis Hawks 4–2 Boston Celticsdagger [27]
    1959 Minneapolis Lakers 0–4 Boston Celticsdagger [28]
    1960 St. Louis Hawks 3–4 Boston Celticsdagger [29]
    1961 St. Louis Hawks 1–4 Boston Celticsdagger [30]
    1962 Los Angeles Lakers 3–4 Boston Celticsdagger

Looks like 1962 is the first time LA appears - as losers!!

11 is the correct number for LA!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]if they do catch us......we will still be up 9-3 (or 9-4 if they beat us head to head this year)....that is called head to head dominance folks!!! In addition, the Celtics won all of their titles in Boston...more importantly.....the Celtics have won all of their titles in the "modern era" (since the shot clock was introduced, forever changing the game...)  ......no other team can say that....in fact, no other team is close...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

No, my friend, it means the keltics don't make it to the big dance to be beat. Hey, I never lost to Muhammed Ali in a championship bout. That makes me better than Joe Frazier. You know what I mean my friend?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : No, my friend, it means the keltics don't make it to the big dance to be beat. Hey, I never lost to Muhammed Ali in a championship bout. That makes me better than Joe Frazier. You know what I mean my friend?
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

I'd rather be 17-4 than 16 - 16 - know what I mean?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to The vaunted West is overrated:
    [QUOTE]Racking up a bunch of wins doesn't mean anything playing in the soft west.  As I said before, there is only one team in the West capable of winning the title, and a bunch of good teams.  Case in point: the old and soft San Antonio Spurs won 61 games this year and look how they faired in the playoffs.  (To be fair maybe OKC is capable of winning it all this year, although I believe they are a year away.) On the other hand the East may have more lousy teams but the road to the Finals is much tougher with three championship level teams.  So Laker trolls, stop bitching about the West being the tougher conference.  Which is the tougher road to the Finals? Dallas then Memphis/OKC or Miami then Chicago? 
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

I agree, the East is top-heavy.  BOS, CHI and MIA would be in the Top 5 in either the East or West.  In the West, only the lakers can make that claim.  The West is more balanced, but the East has 3 of the best teams in the entire league!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : exactly: NBA champions Year Western Champion Result Eastern Champion Reference 1950 Minneapolis Lakers [b] 4–2 Syracuse Nationals [ 18 ] [ 19 ] 1951 Rochester Royals 4–3 New York Knicks [ 20 ] 1952 Minneapolis Lakers 4–3 New York Knicks [ 21 ] 1953 Minneapolis Lakers 4–1 New York Knicks [ 22 ] 1954 Minneapolis Lakers 4–3 Syracuse Nationals [ 23 ] 1955 Fort Wayne Pistons 3–4 Syracuse Nationals [ 24 ] 1956 Fort Wayne Pistons 1–4 Philadelphia Warriors [ 25 ] 1957 St. Louis Hawks 3–4 Boston Celtics [ 26 ] 1958 St. Louis Hawks 4–2 Boston Celtics [ 27 ] 1959 Minneapolis Lakers 0–4 Boston Celtics [ 28 ] 1960 St. Louis Hawks 3–4 Boston Celtics [ 29 ] 1961 St. Louis Hawks 1–4 Boston Celtics [ 30 ] 1962 Los Angeles Lakers 3–4 Boston Celtics Looks like 1962 is the first time LA appears - as losers!! 11 is the correct number for LA!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    lol  So you ran out of reasons on how the Celtics will survive in the series with the Heat?  Oh btw, who is the Celtics defensive stopper off the bench this year.  Look like their hands are full trying to defend James and Wade.  Tough position DA put your squad in considering they had one of the best defensive centers in the league.  Now all you have is a fragile JON and marshmallow Krstic.

Sections
Shortcuts