The vaunted West is overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: The vaunted West is overrated

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated:
    In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : Wasn't talking to you, I was adressing the OTHER 2 year old we have on here!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Course you were, because there's no answer for:

Bynum= 2x NBA World Champion
    JO- ........................................

HAHAHAHAHA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

exactly Hedley.......you can compare teams like the Sox and the Yanks in the regular season because they play in the same division and face one another all year long....one has to beat the other in order to get to the WS....Celts & Lakers play in different conferences....so they don't have any control over who comes out of either conference....strength of conference changes....injuries are a factor....so many things....but once you look at head to head match ups historically you get a better picture....

regular season head to head all time (over 60 years) favors the Celts (and it's not real close)

playoffs (which, in this case, translates to the Finals) favors the Celtics big time at 9-3...that is dominance

in fact, the Lakers and Celtics met for the first time in the finals in '59 (Celtic sweep).....they met again in the '60's 6 times (Celts won 'em all)....did not meet in the '70's.....Magic/Bird era they met again in '84....Celts took their 8th in a row...finally the Lakers came through in '85 & '87 against two injured Celtic teams (Bird & Max in '85 and the majority of the roster in '87....) so it took the Lakers
    27 years and 9 tries to finally beat Boston.....the teams did not meet in the '90's or the '00's (where admittedly the Lakers had great success and inched closer to Boston).....in fact, in 2002 the city decided to hang the Minny banner and recognize, for the first time in 43 years, the titles that the team won in the early '50's.....the history that Cook and Buss ignored for over 4 decades!!....now, since '08.....it's 1-1....in my opinion......'nuff said.....and yes....that is just my opinion....don't expect Laker fans to change theirs either..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Thanks Duke,
    Growing up on the East Coast, I had to deal with lots of Yankee fans growing up.  One time in college, my friend, an "expert" on baseball went back and forth with me for an hour on who should start in the All-Star game  Brett or Nettles......we finally agreed to disagree on that one....when it turned to SS, I was taken aback- I said, "of course...RIPKEN."  When he ever made his case for Bucky bleeping Dent I realized.....you can't argue with them, even respectfully.

Now, living on the West Coast, I have come to believe lakers fans are the same...last night Steven A. Smith said the lakers would win the series, but it wouldn't be a cake walk, "like a lot of y'all think."  After the first three callers disagreed with him, he said, (and I LOVE this) - "guys, it's not your girlfriend, it's a basketball team."  Imagine if he picked them to lose.

So, a nightmare for me would be someone who is BOTH a Yankess and lakers fan.....and of course there are plenty out here, because this is LA, and they have NO loyalty.  5 years from now, all these clowns will be wearing Blake Griffin jerseys and saying they have Clips fans their whole lives.........I actually can't wait for that day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

5 years from now, all these clowns will be wearing Blake Griffin jerseys and saying they have Clips fans their whole lives.........I actually can't wait for that day.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Could be worse,  Laker fans might go to Staples and chant MVP for pierce and wear bags over their heads. Just like they did in boston!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : exactly: NBA champions Year Western Champion Result Eastern Champion Reference 1950 Minneapolis Lakers [b] 4–2 Syracuse Nationals [ 18 ] [ 19 ] 1951 Rochester Royals 4–3 New York Knicks [ 20 ] 1952 Minneapolis Lakers 4–3 New York Knicks [ 21 ] 1953 Minneapolis Lakers 4–1 New York Knicks [ 22 ] 1954 Minneapolis Lakers 4–3 Syracuse Nationals [ 23 ] 1955 Fort Wayne Pistons 3–4 Syracuse Nationals [ 24 ] 1956 Fort Wayne Pistons 1–4 Philadelphia Warriors [ 25 ] 1957 St. Louis Hawks 3–4 Boston Celtics [ 26 ] 1958 St. Louis Hawks 4–2 Boston Celtics [ 27 ] 1959 Minneapolis Lakers 0–4 Boston Celtics [ 28 ] 1960 St. Louis Hawks 3–4 Boston Celtics [ 29 ] 1961 St. Louis Hawks 1–4 Boston Celtics [ 30 ] 1962 Los Angeles Lakers 3–4 Boston Celtics Looks like 1962 is the first time LA appears - as losers!! 11 is the correct number for LA!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

In June we are going to shove those ignorant words up your culo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : I'd rather be 17-4 than 16 - 16 - know what I mean?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Thank you for acknowledging our 16.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : In June we are going to shove those ignorant words up your culo.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Can't see how that's possible on three fronts:
    1.  I am on a COMPUTER- so it would be tough to do
    2.  You don't have the stones to try it anyway
    3.  You will not make the Finals this year - says #35  Kevin Durant.

Chew on those tough guy who hides behind his computer!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Thanks Duke, Growing up on the East Coast, I had to deal with lots of Yankee fans growing up.  One time in college, my friend, an "expert" on baseball went back and forth with me for an hour on who should start in the All-Star game  Brett or Nettles......we finally agreed to disagree on that one....when it turned to SS, I was taken aback- I said, "of course...RIPKEN."  When he ever made his case for Bucky bleeping Dent I realized.....you can't argue with them, even respectfully. Now, living on the West Coast, I have come to believe lakers fans are the same...last night Steven A. Smith said the lakers would win the series, but it wouldn't be a cake walk, "like a lot of y'all think."  After the first three callers disagreed with him, he said, (and I LOVE this) - "guys, it's not your girlfriend, it's a basketball team."  Imagine if he picked them to lose. So, a nightmare for me would be someone who is BOTH a Yankess and lakers fan.....and of course there are plenty out here, because this is LA, and they have NO loyalty.  5 years from now, all these clowns will be wearing Blake Griffin jerseys and saying they have Clips fans their whole lives.........I actually can't wait for that day.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I used to work with a guy in Rhode Island who rooted for the Yankee's, Lakers, and Steelers. That is just beyond pathetic. Talk about a front runner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Hope you like the site I posted for ya hedley!

Andrew Bynum= 2x NBA World Champion
    JO=......................................................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : I used to work with a guy in Rhode Island who rooted for the Yankee's, Lakers, and Steelers. That is just beyond pathetic. Talk about a front runner.
    Posted by calvinator

Yers, my friend was from CT - another state with no team of their own!!

Cowboys fans are worse, but that must have been a nightmare.......how many arguments did you ever win?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

laker trolls, it doesn't matter what your cartoon banners or little hats say.  Apprarently you're fans who've never been to staples center.

Why can't you just answer one extremely simple question: 
    How many championship banners hang there?
    I've been many times and I can tell you its NOT 16.  
    I REST MY CASE. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

laker trolls, it doesn't matter what your cartoon banners or little hats say.  Apprarently you're fans who've never been to staples center. Why can't you just answer one extremely simple question:  How many championship banners hang there? I've been many times and I can tell you its NOT 16.   I REST MY CASE. 
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

I rest my case! You FAIL!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to The vaunted West is overrated:
    Racking up a bunch of wins doesn't mean anything playing in the soft west.  As I said before, there is only one team in the West capable of winning the title, and a bunch of good teams.  Case in point: the old and soft San Antonio Spurs won 61 games this year and look how they faired in the playoffs.  (To be fair maybe OKC is capable of winning it all this year, although I believe they are a year away.) On the other hand the East may have more lousy teams but the road to the Finals is much tougher with three championship level teams.  So Laker trolls, stop bitching about the West being the tougher conference.  Which is the tougher road to the Finals? Dallas then Memphis/OKC or Miami then Chicago? 
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

You mention Dallas, Memphis, OKC, and the Lakers....... the Cs split with all 4 of them...hmmm.... I think they also lost to the Clippers, Houston, NO, Phoenix, and Denver.... yeah the West really stinks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

After April 3 you didn't post again until April 14, the end of the regular season. Where were you when the Lakers were on a 5-game losing streak? FAIL!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Where were you after game 7? FAIL!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : I was here congratulating the Laker fans. Unlike you I don't disappear and hide after Celtic losses. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Suuuuure you were. I bet you were like your team, trudged off and went to their locker room and cried (there's not a dry eye in the locker room-Doc Rivers).

Not even man enough to watch The Lake Show get #16. Oh well, good thing youtube is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgC7ozog0KA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : Suuuuure you were. I bet you were like your team, trudged off and went to their locker room and cried (there's not a dry eye in the locker room-Doc Rivers). Not even man enough to watch The Lake Show get #16. Oh well, good thing youtube is here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgC7ozog0KA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

hey did 2008 even go 7 games? Nope did your crying at halftime in game six. So sad, lakers still haven't caught us. Forever number 2. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Beast
    Spaniard
    Artest/Ariza
    Mamba
    Fish

This starting 5 has never lost a series- where have I heard this before?? Lmao.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Beast Spaniard Artest/Ariza Mamba Fish This starting 5 has never lost a series- where have I heard this before?? Lmao.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Hey if they win 6 more L.A. will have as many banners as Boston. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: The vaunted West is overrated : Here's the proof that I don't run and hide like you. Congratulations to Lakers and their Fans posted at 6/18/2010 12:10 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1c2200d699261de457a4beabaf092310&plckUserId=1c2200d699261de457a4beabaf092310 " /> Fierce34 Posts: 3875 First: 12/2/2009 Last: 8/20/2010 The Lakers wanted it more and played tough even in times of adversity. It was a great Game 7 and as a die-hard Celtic fan it was a loss that I can live with. Clearly the better team won so it's all good.
    Posted by Fiercest34
    Thats true class, fierce...someting this guy cant identify with...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If you reversel the roles..i think his posts would look more like..
    well Koby was hurt..we still won back to back..blah blah.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Just as I thought, Laker Nation is a typical ignorant laker fan.  Are you not able to read?  Answer my simple question: How many banners hang in Staples?

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR CARTOON BANNER SAYS!!

YOU FAIL

Sections
Shortcuts