The Whole Team on the Block???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The Whole Team on the Block???

http://www.celticsblog.com/section/rumors

This can't be good!!!??? Hopefully just hype...Could Danny blow it up??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: The Whole Team on the Block???

He could and he would - I noticed how Simmons, who does this for a living, mentioned Rondo and others for Nash!!  Hmmmmmm - and I don't do this for a living!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think Rondo's injury has DA considering things he kept himself from following through on before. Rondo if you count last year's playoffs really has hard time getting out on the floor. I think he is gone if we don't see him playing and well soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This ain't Cleveland.  If were still fighting  for the 8th seed in a few months, everything's on the table.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to The Whole Team on the Block???:
    http://www.celticsblog.com/section/rumors This can't be good!!!??? Hopefully just hype...Could Danny blow it up??
    Posted by Ortiz123

Sure it could be true.  we're talking about river boat gambling Danny Ainge.  And with Danny, it could be that he does a fantastic deal that makes the C's championship quality soon, does a truly stupid gamble that wastes his assets, or does nothing and sits tight until next year's draft/free agency deals.  You never know with Danny.  Patience is NOT a virtue in Danny's head.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think Danny has the guts to do anything.....and those guts are not always wise guts, just guts.   I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone on the team traded except Pierce (unless Pierce was a part of the trade discussion and wanted it).  Everyone is expendable and it doesn't matter what the record of the team is at the time. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Its Doc that's in love with the Big 3 and will not abandon them (and they won't abandon him).  Those 3 and Doc have some kind of committed relationship.  They talked him into coming back and they all work together with faith in each other, whether misguided or not.  It makes them effective and it hurts them all at the same time.  Doc is not objective about them (at least not publicly) and they are not objective about Doc - they LOVE him.

Danny, on the other hand, has no relationship with anyone.  He doesn't care how they feel nor how anyone feels (fans, included).  Danny is cold blooded.  Sometimes that's good and sometimes that's stupid.....but its Danny.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't think you were wrong quite yet - but you are close....:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think it all depends on what the market wants.  That is, it depends on what other teams are willing to give up to get one of the Celtics players.  If he could get say Cousins and they only wanted Rondo or Ray, he'd do the deal.  But, if someone says he'll get Mo Williams and they want Ray, he's say "no".   If they want Rondo and a first rounder for Cousins, Rondo is gone.  

Its hard to predict who it is because Danny won't just "shop" a specific player.  He will shop the whole team and see what he could get in return.  Again....except Pierce. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I don't think its necessary to trade more than 1 or two players for the needs of this team. Im with a couple of posters that say we are only 1 or two players away from making some noise. Keep the youth we have and pics for the future.
    Especially because this coming draft is supposed to be deep..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  I think he is gone if we don't see him playing and well soon."

Umm, that's not how it works. You don't trade a guy when he's injured and not playing. If anything he would wait until Rondo had a couple of good weeks back, increased his trade value by getting distance from the injury, and then move him. But I do agree Ainge has to be looking at trading Rondo now that the young guys have played decent. Rondo has the most trade-friendly contract on the team, except for the near-expiring guys.

"He will shop the whole team and see what he could get in return.  Again....except Pierce. "

Well, I think Ainge does shop specific players, though I don't know exactly who right now. However I do think he is taking calls on any and all Celtics to assess their trade value, INCLUDING Pierce...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: The Whole Team on the Block???:
    In Response to Re: The Whole Team on the Block??? : I know I said I want Ray Allen traded, but I don't think Ainge has the guts to trade Ray. Ainge is too in love with our Big 3. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

the issue is not having the guts to trade. the issue is there is no market for most any Celt guys that makes sense for them to start improving in the next 1-3 years.
    Honestly, rather than one and done, I prefer missing the playoffs, getting a top 15 draft choice, letting Ray and KG expire/leave and begin the rebuild

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think you were wrong quite yet - but you are close....:)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

young lady, you were the one who said Moore was better than Bradley, and also said Bradley had no future. It was you who did not see anythng in Bradley, and babbled about a crush you had on Ryan Gomes.
    Look, I hate to call out a lady, but it was you who were wrong.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The problem is that this team is not a contender as is.  They are a playoff team and could put a good scare in anybody, but they cannot get out of the east in my opinion, let alone contend for the title. 

The issue right now is that the vets have to play to be happy and to keep the team in the playoff hunt.  But there are some young guys on the bench who need to be developed for the future or to boost their stock for trades.  So what will Danny do?  

Doc will continue to play his vets 30+ minutes to make them happy while the young guys wait for more valuable minutes.  It should be one or the other and right now it seems to be that Doc will make a push for a playoff seed and leave rebuilding to next year, which seems logical.   

If the right trade comes around I am sure Ainge will pull the trigger.  But it will be hard to pull that off if the idea is to push for one last hurrah with the big 3 AND get better for the future.      

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

The big question is does anyone want them?  If so what do they have to give?

Change for change makes no sense.  You have to end up with a better situation.

Trade them  --  one and all  --  if the price is right.  PP's value is at it's peak  --  but only goes down from here with him owed $32 million after this year.  Who wants that contract?  What contracts would you have to take back?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnie0729. Show ronnie0729's posts

I think that the trade should be for most of you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think that the trade should be for most of you.
    Posted by ronnie0729

Laughed out loud.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

"  I think he is gone if we don't see him playing and well soon." Umm, that's not how it works. You don't trade a guy when he's injured and not playing. If anything he would wait until Rondo had a couple of good weeks back, increased his trade value by getting distance from the injury, and then move him. But I do agree Ainge has to be looking at trading Rondo now that the young guys have played decent. Rondo has the most trade-friendly contract on the team, except for the near-expiring guys. " He will shop the whole team and see what he could get in return.  Again....except Pierce. " Well, I think Ainge does shop specific players, though I don't know exactly who right now. However I do think he is taking calls on any and all Celtics to assess their trade value, INCLUDING Pierce...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

FYI, you miss read my post.  I didn't say Danny won't shop specific players.  I said Danny won't shop JUST specific players, he'll shop the whole team.   In other words, I think he'll listen to proposals on anyone, in ADDITION to his shopping some individual. 

But, I'm not one of the ones desperating looking for a trade.  I am satisfied with whatever the team does this year and then getting new young players in the draft and from free agents.  I am bullish on their future and Danny's ability to use all that flexibility to get a star to go with Rondo and Paul next year.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts