The worst kept secret:: Dwight Howard wants to be in Purple and Gold. But who doesn't???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: The worst kept secret:: Dwight Howard wants to be in Purple and Gold. But who doesn't???

In Response to Re: The worst kept secret:: Dwight Howard wants to be in Purple and Gold. But who doesn't???:
    [QUOTE]I don't think Fish will be starting the entire season and if he does it will be for 24 to 30 minutes at the most. If the Lakers want to start rebuilding DH would be a good start. In LA there are no sacred cows like Shaq learned. I am very comfortable with the decisions they made in the past 11 years. Yes they have made some mistakes but the good choices out weight the bad ones by a lot. 5 rings in the last 11 years is a good indicator (is that a word lol). I am not saying the Lakers will sign DH for sure but it's a possibility just like it's a possibility the Celtics or any other team will get him. Just posting an article I found and wishing it's true just like Celtics fans would post it and be exited about it if you have a chance to sign the best Center in the league and best defensive player. Wishful thinking my friends like we all do. I won't sit here and deny the Celtics can't get him. I have red many reports in these past few years that he loves and would love the LA limelight and glamor of Hollywood plus his girlfriend is from LA. Does that mean anything big? No, but it helps. No one knows what is in DH head. Guess we'll have to wait and see and keep day dreaming. It's a kind of fun with this boring off season.                                                        Regards.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

Best of luck, seriously, but there are 4 problems:
    1. The lockout - if it lasts all year, they cannot get Howard!
    2.  Howard has said he wants to play out his option in ORL.
    3.  Otis (my man) Smith  says you need to take Arenas or Turkoglu if you take Howard.  At least that is what he is saying now.
    4.  This is NOT the Melo situation.  The Magic have all the control here.  They can trade him to anyone they want at any time.  The Knicks had salary cap space.  So when Melo said he wanted to play for the Knicks, he held all the cards.  If the Nuggets didn't trade him, he ended up where he wanted to go anyway.  In this case, if they don't trade him to the lakers, he can't go to them. He will end up in MN or CLE for half a year, then be a free agent...and STILL not be able to go the lakers.

And, as we have said, you need a point guard anyway.........sorry man, I just don't see it!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: The worst kept secret:: Dwight Howard wants to be in Purple and Gold. But who doesn't???

Then I guess Celtics fans are the only ones that can day dream. I guess there is no hope. We'll wait and see. What I won't do is say Celtics have no chance of getting him. Not an astrologist and am not trying to be one. As I said before, day dreaming just like every fan.Wink

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

This is the best kept secret, nobody knew about it until Shannon twitted about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

I'm willing to take that bet anytime. Lakers will make it past the second round easily. So you are saying the Celtics have a chance in the near future to win a championship? Because sincerely I don't see it happening. I guess you are saying he should try and get traded to the Bulls (Maybe Noah and Deng) or Miami (Lebron or Wade) who will be great with DH in the lineup and no doubt the champions.
    Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: The worst kept secret:: Dwight Howard wants to be in Purple and Gold. But who doesn't???:
    I'm willing to take that bet anytime. Lakers will make it past the second round easily. So you are saying the Celtics have a chance in the near future to win a championship? Because sincerely I don't see it happening. I guess you are saying he should try and get traded to the Bulls (Maybe Noah and Deng) or Miami (Lebron or Wade) who will be great with DH in the lineup and no doubt the champions.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

If he is a FA:
    Rondo/West
    Allen/Crawford
    Pierce/Green
    Garnett/Johnson
    Howard/Gray

West, Allen and Garnett for vet min
    Crawford for MLE
    Gray for a slight raise
    Howard max contract

That is a much better team than the lakers have right now, GK, hate to tell you!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

I'm not talking about much better than the Lakers, I'm talking about chances of wining, by the way you have a lot of ifs and counting on players that have no NBA experience like IF they were all stars and in my opinion will never be. IF DH is a free agent, no one knows that for certain. IF Garnett plays and how much he can give at 36 in 2012 when his game depends athleticism. Hoping for your sake is not another Shaq experiment. West is a head case which the Celtics should let him working with Home Depot. IF they sign Crawford. IF you get Gray. Pierce  will be 35 in 2012 and if Kobe can't do much at 33 (like most say here) why would Pierce do better at 35 When Kobe has been a much better player than Pierce?  Look at it objectively. IF Allen (who will be 37 in 2012) signs MLE (if the MLE still exist under the new CBA) and is not tempted to go out win a ring in Miami shooting 3's all by him self when players need to worry about Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Don't understand why people see Green as a super star. Any way that line up doesn't stand a chance with Miami and the Bulls.
    I could build a Lakers IF championship too if you lend me all your IFS.

Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'm not talking about much better than the Lakers, I'm talking about chances of wining, by the way you have a lot of ifs and counting on players that have no NBA experience like IF they were all stars and in my opinion will never be. IF DH is a free agent, no one knows that for certain. IF Garnett plays and how much he can give at 36 in 2012 when his game depends athleticism. Hoping for your sake is not another Shaq experiment. West is a head case which the Celtics should let him working with Home Depot. IF they sign Crawford. IF you get Gray. Pierce  will be 35 in 2012 and if Kobe can't do much at 33 (like most say here) why would Pierce do better at 35 When Kobe has been a much better player than Pierce?  Look at it objectively. IF Allen (who will be 37 in 2012) signs MLE (if the MLE still exist under the new CBA) and is not tempted to go out win a ring in Miami shooting 3's all by him self when players need to worry about Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Don't understand why people see Green as a super star. Any way that line up doesn't stand a chance with Miami and the Bulls. I could build a Lakers IF championship too if you lend me all your IFS.

Look, I don't think he is going to BOS, but I don't think he's going to LA, either.  I think he will stay where he is, the new CBA will be user-friendly for the current team, IMO.  And the word is Pierce will come off the bench next year.  And at 10 MONTHS older than koME, that will be a good thing, as I'm sure the "team player" Bryant will insist on still playing 40 + mins per game.  Mitch made a mistake on Farmar, and he will make a mistake on Shannon Brown as well?  Steve Blake?  HUGE downgrade!!  You need a PG, man, give up on DH!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

How can the Lakers get past the 2nd round if they play like this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

There's nothing wrong with day dreaming, but this is a nightmare.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Neither Kobe or Pierce will acept coming off the bench. I wouldn't pay $85+ Million to see Kobe coming off the bench. Kobe is as much of a team player as Pierce. You see all the Iso's Pierce does every close game? Like I said, day dreaming and pretty bored with this off season. I was day dreaming just like you when you showed that roster for 2012. We can all dream it doesn't cost a thing. Just would love to see another great center dressed in purple and gold.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Neither Kobe or Pierce will acept coming off the bench. I wouldn't pay $85+ Million to see Kobe coming off the bench. Kobe is as much of a team player as Pierce. You see all the Iso's Pierce does every close game? Like I said, day dreaming and pretty bored with this off season. I was day dreaming just like you when you showed that roster for 2012. We can all dream it doesn't cost a thing. Just would love to see another great center dressed in purple and gold.

Disagree.  Pierce will come off the bench, Bryant never will!  And, you already have Bynum, and I think he's pretty good - when he's not leveling 5'9" players that are in the air!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Ok I think you are going in another direction and I don't play that game any longer. Used to have great fun with it but not anymore.  Then they dare to ask why so many trolls. Go figure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

No RING this time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

You tell 'em Ray!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The longer the lockout goes..........................the less likely he is going ANYWHERE!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Boston starting centers this millenium:

Vitaly Potastenchko .......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Mark Blount......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Chris Mihm.....HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Hands of stone........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    JO (The big loser).........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a legacy for DH to follow!

Lakers starting centers this millenium:

Shaq Diesel......Beast
    Vlade Divac.....very good center.
    Andrew the Beast Bynum........2nd best center in the league.

Yo DH, you know you want to be the next great Laker center!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

The Celtics don't have a lot of great big men but they have 17 of these.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Even with a Center with hands of stone this still happened.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

After failing to get #17 in 2011 this is what Kobe had to say on twitter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Boston's next title is likely to be around 2030. How old will DH be then and will he still be playing?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BOSTON 3-PEAT: 1986, 2008, 2030(?)

Hahahahahahahahaha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Lakers going for a 3-peat fell face first on the ground in 2011.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Why would DH take the abuse from Kobe?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Images of bostons last 3-peat:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sections
Shortcuts