Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving

Anybody intrested?  From Cleveland's perspective, I wouldn't do it.  But there is always different ways to look at things.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving

would be interesting..kid CLEARLY has alot of promise in this league, imo more than John Wall does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving:
    [QUOTE]Anybody intrested?  From Cleveland's perspective, I wouldn't do it.  But there is always different ways to look at things.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Our Cavs troll is going to rub it in that they have the better PG than the Cs.

Point well made.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

No, but if we trade Rondo I'll take Sessions for two reasons -
    He is really coming into his own
    It would mess with LA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody intrested?  From Cleveland's perspective, I wouldn't do it.  But there is always different ways to look at things.

Cleveland would never do it.  He is the best rookie this year and will be a much better player than Rondo in the future. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : Our Cavs troll is going to rub it in that they have the better PG than the Cs. Point well made. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]I am not rubbing it in at all.  Irving has yet to prove he can stay healthy and Rondo is clearly the better defensive player.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy, the Cavs who were starless have picked up on one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Kyrie is an outstanding player in this league, he brings alot to the table..my question is, do Celtics fans think he has a good jumpshot? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : I am not rubbing it in at all.  Irving has yet to prove he can stay healthy and Rondo is clearly the better defensive player.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy, the Cavs who were starless have picked up on one. 

you're definitely not a troll.  the posts of yours that I've read have been fair minded and you're welcome here as another teams fan who likes to discuss, as far as I'm concerned.

Haven't seen much of Irving to answer, but he's got people talking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : I am not rubbing it in at all.  Irving has yet to prove he can stay healthy and Rondo is clearly the better defensive player.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy, the Cavs who were starless have picked up on one. 

That's my point... you wouldn't do it in a million years nor would any other Cavs fan.

You are deliriously happy as well you should be for having a rising star, a real McCoy.

You are rubbing it in simply because you can!

A high-maintenance PG, Rondo is always trouble as you well know.

We are green with envy. Congrats!

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Our Cavs troll is going to rub it in that they have the better PG than the Cs. Point well made. Pud"

Actually: 

1. You're the one rubbing it in as you have done twice during this thread. You absolutely revel in pointing out to other Cs fans other point guards that are better than Rondo or who you think are better than Rondo, and you would definitely prize an unproven rookie over a point guard who has been on a championship and a finals team, that's how you roll.. It's a scab you just love to pick and don't deny it.

2. You're much more trolllike than Cavs fan who has been a good posted here for a long time once he got over Lebron.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Per Chris Forsberg today re Rondo: "He is shooting 42 percent from 16-to-23 feet this season, which is virtually a career high. What's more, league average for PGs from that range is 39 percent. Rondo shoots 40 percent from 10-to-15 feet, but attempts less than a shot per game there this season." 
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    But then of course the eyes can see and tell us he can't shoot effectively at all from the outside.  When has Rondo won a game with a shot from ten feet or more. He may shot slightly better but it does not stop other teams from laying off him at key points in games and making getting open for Pierce and Ray twice as hard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Per Chris Forsberg today re Rondo: "He is shooting 42 percent from 16-to-23 feet this season, which is virtually a career high. What's more, league average for PGs from that range is 39 percent. Rondo shoots 40 percent from 10-to-15 feet, but attempts less than a shot per game there this season." 
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
         I think certain aspects of Rajon Rondo's shooting have improved plus he can really guard quick players out on the perimeter.  Rondo is still the better player.  Will Kyrie ever be good at guarding quick players out on the perimeter. Maybe yes, Maybe no.
         Also Rondo has a passion to win. It was not good that he threw the ball at the official.  But the foul that occured before the incident was ridiculous.  The refs deserved to be shown up.  No doubt the more appropriate way to handle the situation would have been for Danny to protest that play after the game.  But in the heat of the moment the incident happened and nobody got hurt.      

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving :      I think certain aspects of Rajon Rondo's shooting have improved plus he can really guard quick players out on the perimeter.  Rondo is still the better player.  Will Kyrie ever be good at guarding quick players out on the perimeter. Maybe yes, Maybe no.      Also Rondo has a passion to win. It was not good that he threw the ball at the official.  But the foul that occured before the incident was ridiculous.  The refs deserved to be shown up.  No doubt the more appropriate way to handle the situation would have been for Danny to protest that play after the game.  But in the heat of the moment the incident happened and nobody got hurt.      

Rondo's still better than a 19 year old kid who's  played 40 games combined in college and NBA?

Wow, great point, cavsfan. 

Thanks for keeping things in perspective.

Suck up much?

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Kyrie is an outstanding player in this league, he brings alot to the table..my question is, do Celtics fans think he has a good jumpshot? 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

quite a bit better than Rondos.  He hit 8-8 from three point land in all star game yesterday.  Yea I would say he has a jump shot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : That's my point... you wouldn't do it in a million years nor would any other Cavs fan. You are deliriously happy as well you should be for having a rising star, a real McCoy. You are rubbing it in simply because you can! A high-maintenance PG, Rondo is always trouble as you well know. We are green with envy. Congrats! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I have never seen Cavsfan be rude to anyone.  Always had good things to say about our team.  Not sure where your coming from.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : I have never seen Cavsfan be rude to anyone.  Always had good things to say about our team.  Not sure where your coming from.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

One can be a troll without being rude.

I am always suspicious of fans from other teams who have things to say about issues very divisive at BDC.

I wonder about their agendas.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He had a great game last night.  He is going to be a great player in this league. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Pud, hopefully the Celts will enjoy good health and make a strong finish.  I want to root for the old geezers to go as far as they can in the Playoffs.  I am no Spring chicken myself.  Even if the Cavs could make the Playoffs, I don't expect them to get real far.  Why can't somebody root for more than one team if they are respectful about the way they do it.  Pud, you should temper your realism with positivity not negativity.  Good vibrations, Mon!  Maybe you could start listening to Reggae music.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Irving is not only the best player on your team right now, but for the future as well.

Why would you, or any Cavs fan, want that trade?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : Irving is not only the best player on your team right now, but for the future as well. Why would you, or any Cavs fan, want that trade?
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

To say just that... that they wouldn't.

That's apparently the point of the thread... that and defending the latest misadventures of R9R if that makes any sense.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Monta Ellis and David Lee for Rondo & KG , add spare parts to balance it out

throw in #1 and a #2 and watch Golden State bite

you got a better idea ?

I'm all ears...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : Irving is not only the best player on your team right now, but for the future as well. Why would you, or any Cavs fan, want that trade?
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
        Yes, Clevelanders would like to see how good Kyrie Irving could become but there is no guarantee he will as good as Rondo.  Playing good defense requires lateral as well as moving backward quickness.  Its not just adhereing closely to some great coaches defensive system.  Some players are just not physically capable of playing great defense.  Rondo is a proven offensive and defensive quality player.  Believe me, if he came to Cleveland I would be happy to root for him. I just wanted to start a controversial thread.  A lot of the threads going on right now have to do with fixing the Celtics so they can go on to competing for the Championship.  I admit this thread does not conform to that mode but I meant no harm.