Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving

RONDO FOR A GOOD YOUNG BIG GUY AND A PICK !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

point guard isnt a problem on this team right now....if they need to trade him to get a big then so be it, but for another point guard? no

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Just thought I would recall this thread.  I was already convinced a couple of months ago that he would be the rookie of the year.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving:
    Just thought I would recall this thread.  I was already convinced a couple of months ago that he would be the rookie of the year.   
    Posted by susan250

You and everybody else knew he would be the ROY a couple of months ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : You and everybody else knew he would be the ROY a couple of months ago.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

The Cavaliers could be a much better team  in a couple of years with their rookies and some trades/acquisitions. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : The Cavaliers could be a much better team  in a couple of years with their rookies and some trades/acquisitions. 
    Posted by susan250

Thank You Susan.  What a surprise.  I started this thread about 2 1/2 months ago.  At first I thought someone else started a similar thread.  Then it came back to me.
         In general, Rajon Rondo is playing phenominal.  He is not perfect.  But Rajon is playing like an artist or maestro at point guard.  Maybe, that is why his personality reminds me like he is a meticulous symphony conductor.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving :        Thank You Susan.  What a surprise.  I started this thread about 2 1/2 months ago.  At first I thought someone else started a similar thread.  Then it came back to me.      In general, Rajon Rondo is playing phenominal.  He is not perfect.  But Rajon is playing like an artist or maestro at point guard.  Maybe, that is why his personality reminds me like he is a meticulous symphony conductor.    
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Irving is already a great player and is only going to improve next season.  He was already playing like the rookie of the year early in the season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : Irving is already a great player and is only going to improve next season.  He was already playing like the rookie of the year early in the season. 
    Posted by susan250

Irving's dad, Dred, at one time in the past, "was the leading scorer in Boston University history" (Cleveland Plain Dealer).
         Kyrie is a very good scorer and an above average pg facilitator but he is nowhere as good as Rondo on defense.  As rookies go, he is very promising and should still improve.  I give him an overall B.  A high overall grade for a rookie.  Even though Rondo's scoring fluctuates he is still an overall A player because his defense and pg facillitation are very advanced compared to most NBA point guards.  This is what Pud' and Dud' are not considering.  I would rather not think that their logic is flawed by some kind of bias. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Pud, hopefully the Celts will enjoy good health and make a strong finish.  I want to root for the old geezers to go as far as they can in the Playoffs.  I am no Spring chicken myself.  Even if the Cavs could make the Playoffs, I don't expect them to get real far.  Why can't somebody root for more than one team if they are respectful about the way they do it.  Pud, you should temper your realism with positivity not negativity.  Good vibrations, Mon!  Maybe you could start listening to Reggae music.  
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Bravo to your response to PUD. As a septuagenarian I root for old guys too. Born in Maine & spent 21 years there but past 45 in SF bay area. Inbetween, USMC. Roots run deep so a Boston team fan first but a local team fan too, 49ers, Giants, Warriors etc. And I also root for other teams with Celtic alumni to win because I like Perkins (OKC), Tony Allen (Grizzlies) & even Big Baby (Orlando) whom I really miss on occasion when Bass has not lived up to his expectations in the playoffs. Other than Rondo, no one can drive to the basket but Big Baby when he wasn't open on a jump shot, would fake, & drive to the basket & other than an Bynum or Howard, he could muscle the ball in or get fouled. We are missing that in this Philly series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : Bravo to your response to PUD. As a septuagenarian I root for old guys too. Born in Maine & spent 21 years there but past 45 in SF bay area. Inbetween, USMC. Roots run deep so a Boston team fan first but a local team fan too, 49ers, Giants, Warriors etc. And I also root for other teams with Celtic alumni to win because I like Perkins (OKC), Tony Allen (Grizzlies) & even Big Baby (Orlando) whom I really miss on occasion when Bass has not lived up to his expectations in the playoffs. Other than Rondo, no one can drive to the basket but Big Baby when he wasn't open on a jump shot, would fake, & drive to the basket & other than an Bynum or Howard, he could muscle the ball in or get fouled. We are missing that in this Philly series.
    Posted by mandobello
    Thank you.  Also good sports ideas .  I am hoping the Celtics shooting, defense and smart play will get them by Philly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Kyle was a former #1 pick as well he just played in his first year in the league.  Now you think Cleveland want to get rid of him?

If Cleveland get one of the top three lottery pick this year, they will bring in a big man.

A new big man, Irving along with few other is not a bad team to have!!!

I would take Cleveland over Washington, NJ, etc for the next five years!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Kyle was a former #1 pick as well he just played in his first year in the league.  Now you think Cleveland want to get rid of him? If Cleveland get one of the top three lottery pick this year, they will bring in a big man. A new big man, Irving along with few other is not a bad team to have!!! I would take Cleveland over Washington, NJ, etc for the next five years!!
    Posted by GoUconn13
    I think UConn has some guys that will get drafted possibly in the first round of NBA Draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : I think UConn has some guys that will get drafted possibly in the first round of NBA Draft.
    Posted by cavaliersfan

I am aware of that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Rondo is a monster and my favorite player on the C's! No way in hell i'm trading him for Irving!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Rondo>Irving all DAY!!!!!!

Earlier in the season folks were wanting to trade Rondo for the flavor of the day combo guard who had a big game.  None of them have a ring and been to the finals or probably even playoffs.  

We already had flashes of what this offense looks like with no Rondo on the floor.  See Dooling and Bradley.  

Irving is going to be a good player.  Let's see him continue this over the next few years.  But he is a combo guard, not a ture point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : Our Cavs troll is going to rub it in that they have the better PG than the Cs. Point well made. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

wrong as usual.watch the games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Stupid post. Rondo is at the top of his game. Trade for an unproven player who may or may not improve for one of the best point guards in the league. Want to start a controversy, please go somewhere else with this stupidity. 

Hetchinspete.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : That's my point... you wouldn't do it in a million years nor would any other Cavs fan. You are deliriously happy as well you should be for having a rising star, a real McCoy. You are rubbing it in simply because you can! A high-maintenance PG, Rondo is always trouble as you well know. We are green with envy. Congrats! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

The guy is happy that his team has a future to build on..Give the guy a break..
    he is far from a troll....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think Rondo is capable of taking us to the finals!!!!Irving is nowhere near that...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Irving will leave Cleveland and join up with the Lakers ..... you read it here first!

And he'll change his mind and play for Australia at the 2016 Olympics.

....maybe it's just wishful thinking with both.

Celtics would be mad to trade Rondo. The guy brings so much to the team. I'd have him in LA in a heartbeat. Such a unique talent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

You will never, ever see the Cavs shopping Irving like DA has been shopping R9R of recent years.

There's a very good reason for this.

I wonder what it could be???

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Funny, this poster started the thread yesterday cuz he must have hatre toward Rondo at the same time he must be all upset for seeing the Celtics losing game #2. Now Rondo played his best game of the series, and helped the team winning the game badly.

So now what does this poster got to say?   

This board have way too many dumb fans who know nothing about basketball except just have the hatres toward to players who have temper problem or aging or etc.

Doc River know what he is doing.  Danny Ainge know what he is doing.  Leave them alone.  

All we can do is just support the team whoever is on the team!!!

Go Celtics!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Funny, this poster started the thread yesterday cuz he must have hatre toward Rondo at the same time he must be all upset for seeing the Celtics losing game #2. Now Rondo played his best game of the series, and helped the team winning the game badly. So now what does this poster got to say?    This board have way too many dumb fans who know nothing about basketball except just have the hatres toward to players who have temper problem or aging or etc. Doc River know what he is doing.  Danny Ainge know what he is doing.  Leave them alone.   All we can do is just support the team whoever is on the team!!! Go Celtics!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

This thread is months old... and I didn't start it "yesterday"... nor have I posted to it in months... until an hour ago.

Can you F-N read?

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : [QUOTE ]Funny, this poster started the thread yesterday cuz he must have hatre toward Rondo at the same time he must be all upset for seeing the Celtics losing game #2. Now Rondo played his best game of the series, and helped the team winning the game badly. So now what does this poster got to say?    This board have way too many dumb fans who know nothing about basketball except just have the hatres toward to players who have temper problem or aging or etc. Doc River know what he is doing.  Danny Ainge know what he is doing.  Leave them alone.   All we can do is just support the team whoever is on the team!!! Go Celtics!! Posted by GoUconn13
    This thread is months old... and I didn't start it "yesterday"... nor have I posted to it in months... until an hour ago. Can you F-N read? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I was not carefully looking at the date.  Just thought it started yesterday.

Quit being an a@@hole to everyone cuz you are one of the Rondo hatre along with few more hatre toward to the Celtics.  

You are just a bandwagon fan!!

Can you F-N read this above>?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Theoretical Trade: Rondo For Kyrie Irving : Our Cavs troll is going to rub it in that they have the better PG than the Cs. Point well made. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Snicker, grin, hahaha!  What point was made?  Throw in their 1st round pick for the remainder of the century and the Celtics will still be getting the short end of the stick!!!

As Always,

• Sections
    Shortcuts