There are only two options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There are only two options

1. Trade Rondo, for the the present and the future.

Get back both of them players Doc said the team needs to have any shot this year (ballhandling tough combo-guard and rebounding PF-C). Ifboth those players are vets then a lotto pick has to be included. If one of those players is talented and young thne great.

2. Trade Pierce and Garnett.

Obviously the Clippers deal is the one widely being discussed right now. The current squad isn't going to get past he Heat (likely not out of rd 2) w/o multiple upgrades that cannot be made by trading Bass, Melo and picks or pickups from the China/D-League.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: There are only two options

It would be kinda cool if both PP and KG went somwhere together, esp if they won a title in PP's hometown, KG's adopted one and raised a banner in Staples in a year where the Lakers were supposed to and ended up in the lotto (without a pick, hahaha).

Turning down Jordan and Bledsoe for KG would be like turning down Sam Perkins and Detlef Schrempf for McHale in '89 or what if the C's were offered a good young duo for Bird back in '90 or '91... a defensive rebounding big and electric scoring guard? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Get back both of them players Doc said the team needs to have any shot this year (ballhandling tough combo-guard and rebounding PF-C). Ifboth those players are vets then a lotto pick has to be included. If one of those players is talented and young thne great.

Obviously the Clippers deal is the one widely being discussed right now. The current squad isn't going to get past he Heat (likely not out of rd 2) w/o multiple upgrades that cannot be made by trading Bass, Melo and picks or pickups from the China/D-League.

I just responded to your on another thread and wanted to add this.  The contradictory information being relased by Doc, Danny and KG makes me think that maybe they are all on the same page trying to move Rondo for a significant big. By throwing out they may blow it up and then have KG denying he would waive his no trade clause tells me maybe they are trying to push on getting rid of Rondo.  I don't know if they will succeed but this might be their best shot a getting a big with Rondo and some of the stuff you mention above(Bass, Melo, and picks).

KG is telling you under the all of the nonsense he is not leaving but providing cover for maximum rumors.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well that would be double-secret probation crazy Concord:-) but I'm interested in where you are going.

So you're saying:

A.  Danny circulates rumors of moving PP/KG.

B. Doc comes out and makes a fairly bold statement that they aren't going anywhere without two specific type of players. An upgrade to Barbosa (not Rondo he made sure to say NOT a PG, just a tough combo guard) and Sully. Making fans think Doc is against the blow up and see's this team as 2 parts away from contending.

C. KG say he would refuse to waive his no-trade.

D. Danny, 'handicapped' by the no trade and a coach and two HOF vets who want to win now, have no desire to wait until Rondo is back to his normal self and they are 36/37 years old, deals Rondo.

E. Celtics gets the two rotation studs they need now and, unless one is a young improving player they also get a lotto pick. Then they can feel like they got decent value for Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It would also make me think that Danny and ownership feel the Celtic faithful are VERY loyal to Rondo and would need to be shown that Danny tried to trade these vets like he said he would when he put the team together, not let them get old like Bird/McHale/Parish... and yet was unable to and so instead traded the injured PG for 1-2 last titles runs.

This board seems to be much more loyal to PP and KG than RR, but maybe the casual fan is the opposite and still, despite the ACL, feels that the C's need to be getting a guy like Josh Smith and looking to a future built around Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Well that would be double-secret probation crazy Concord:-) but I'm interested in where you are going.

So you're saying:

B. Doc comes out and makes a fairly bold statement that they aren't going anywhere without two specific type of players. An upgrade to Barbosa (not Rondo he made sure to say NOT a PG, just a tough combo guard) and Sully. Making fans think Doc is against the blow up and see's this team as 2 parts away from contending.

D. Danny, 'handicapped' by the no trade and a coach and two HOF vets who want to win now, have no desire to wait until Rondo is back to his normal self and they are 36/37 years old, deals Rondo.

E. Celtics gets the two rotation studs they need now and, unless one is a young improving player they also get a lotto pick. Then they can feel like they got decent value for Rondo.

You laid it out beautifully.  The back and forth with KG has been dizzying.  Above all that is said KG the one with the most integrity is saying I bleed green. That tells me he is not going to go and he has the power to say no.  We know that Rondo may be someone they have been supportive of but in reality have had all they can handle from him.  Now a  big rehab with their most unpredictable player  and who knows how RR handles it. I love what Rondo has done in Miami last year and against Cleveland and the Lakers before . but it may be this is a time they can unload him and keep the season alive and maybe even the next.  In all this if Green is a possible star and if that can happen extends  the shelf live of PP another year or so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Good idea and makes sense, but I see Danny trying to go for a ring this year. Thinking he bring in China dude and aging vet

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to proftom's comment:

Good idea and makes sense, but I see Danny trying to go for a ring this year. Thinking he bring in China dude and aging vet

Then he's not 'going for a ring'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

not for a basketball related one anyway....

i agree and don't think KG and PP are going anywhere

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to proftom's comment:

A China dude and an aging vet isn't going to get this team over the Heat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Or Option 3:

3. Keep Rondo for the future, keep KG and PP, and get a big and a guard from D-League, Overseas leagues ending, and via trades of players like Bass or Lee.  

Only certain fans on this Board think that you HAVE to get rid of Rondo or get ride of PP and Garnett.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Or Option 3:

3. Keep Rondo for the future, keep KG and PP, and get a big and a guard from D-League, Overseas leagues ending, and via trades of players like Bass or Lee.  

Only certain fans on this Board think that you HAVE to get rid of Rondo or get ride of PP and Garnett.

That obviously isn't an option in my opinion.

It shouldn't be in Danny's either.

Holding onto PP/KG when they are playing well and teams value them in trades, just to make the 1st/2nd rd of the playoffs and then wait out the Rondo rehab as those two get older... not a good option.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

There are a bunch of options... not just 2.

The One option that absolutely WILL NOT happen, however, is trading BOTH KG and PP.  One will be needed for continuity and leadership, this year and next.

I think its reasonably certain that Rondo or Garnett or both will be traded by feb 21.

Other multiple possibilities are moving any combo of Green, Terry, Bass, Bradley, Lee, and Melo - all dispensable and replaceable, although Green and Bradley are key pieces and would be tough to lose.      

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

So you're saying:

You laid it out beautifully.  The back and forth with KG has been dizzying.  Above all that is said KG the one with the most integrity is saying I bleed green. That tells me he is not going to go and he has the power to say no.  We know that Rondo may be someone they have been supportive of but in reality have had all they can handle from him.  Now a  big rehab with their most unpredictable player  and who knows how RR handles it. I love what Rondo has done in Miami last year and against Cleveland and the Lakers before . but it may be this is a time they can unload him and keep the season alive and maybe even the next.  In all this if Green is a possible star and if that can happen extends  the shelf live of PP another year or so.

Green is the first guy since Posey to offer PP legit backup mins... back when we had Posey Pierce was in the last year of not needing such help... now he needs to be a 26 minute per game guy, amking everyone better with his vision and helping a weak rebounding team on the boards more, and conserving his energy for the 4th quarter.

Put me in the camp of loving that KG wants to be buried in green and hoping for some sort of secret plan to be able to spin why they traded Rondo so well.... but if we can't get enough for Rondo I would trade KG for Jordan and Bledsoe in a second.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

There are a bunch of options... not just 2.

The One option that absolutely WILL NOT happen, however, is trading BOTH KG and PP.  One will be needed for continuity and leadership, this year and next.

I think its reasonably certain that Rondo or Garnett or both will be traded by feb 21.

Other multiple possibilities are moving any combo of Green, Terry, Bass, Bradley, Lee, and Melo - all dispensable and replaceable, although Green and Bradley are key pieces and would be tough to lose.      

No, I really only think there are only 2 worthwhile options for this team, one for the future and one for the now.

I don't think you can spin combo's of Bass, Lee and Terry and get the guys you need. Say you move 2 of those 3 players you need FOUR players back to fill the two spots Doc says we need + we'd need BETTER players than those guys we just traded to fill their roles. Not going to happen. And Bradley is part of this teams present and future. Any offer for him would have to really knock your socks off.

Obviously option #3 is stand pat and add vet min guys.... but that cripples the future of this franchise. Gambling on Rondo becoming good enough quick enough to make a title run as a teams best player, and that KG and PP can do it again next May/June at age 36 and 37 (Kg turns 38 during the '14 postseason) nope, not a good idea. Trade them when you can get talent for them like Bledsoe/Jordan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Dunker I'll give you that the team doesn't have to trade both KG and PP, but if they move KG Danny is surely going to try and follow that by moving Paul.

You keep him for veteran leadership and his still clutch scoring of course if you don't get the talent back he deserves. We're still in the playoffs with Bledsoe and Jordan over KG.

Trade at least KG (in this deal for Bledsoe and Jordan, its VERY good young talent) or trade Rondo. But don't trade PP just for the sake of trading him b/c its a blowup for youth once KG is gone. They'd need young talent back. Like to the Spurs for Splitter and Danny Green (S. Jackson's exp thrown in) or to GState for a deal centered around Harrison Barnes. If they can't get that type of return then keep PP.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I will take KG at his word. If anything else happens and he changes his mind I can live with it.

But Danny bring in a big guy and see if this team can make a run again.  KG and Pierce might actually be worth something next year to.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I will take KG at his word. If anything else happens and he changes his mind I can live with it.

But Danny bring in a big guy and see if this team can make a run again.  KG and Pierce might actually be worth something next year to.

There is no realstic way to move guys like Bass, Melo and a pick and get back the 2-3 bodies we need to compete. We'd need to get a big who can play more mins and rebound better thsn Bass as well as the guard Doc says we need.

The only way that happens is by trading Rondo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am a Celtic fan since the Cousy-Sharman days so really enjoyed our dominance in the Bird-Parish-McHale days.

Ok, first of all..the NBA is a business. But I agree that loyalty to a team is vital to maintain esprit de corps. KG says he bleeds "Green". Please keep in mind that he is not a home grown player like Larry Bird,12 years, and PP too with 15 years all with the "C"s. KG's best years, because he was younger were the 10 or so with Minn but he never won a title. He's only had 5 years with us but did get a ring.

Here's what we owe KG and PP. Ask them if they wouldn't mind being traded to the Clippers as they'll be able to continue to play together, continue to bash the hated Lakers and these 2 allstars could get another ring together(better chance with Clippers & R. Paul &Blake Griffin I think) and possibly retire together in their local community. I reiterate, ask them !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I am a Celtic fan since the Cousy-Sharman days so really enjoyed our dominance in the Bird-Parish-McHale days.

Ok, first of all..the NBA is a business. But I agree that loyalty to a team is vital to maintain esprit de corps. KG says he bleeds "Green". Please keep in mind that he is not a home grown player like Larry Bird,12 years, and PP too with 15 years all with the "C"s. KG's best years, because he was younger were the 10 or so with Minn but he never won a title. He's only had 5 years with us but did get a ring.

Here's what we owe KG and PP. Ask them if they wouldn't mind being traded to the Clippers as they'll be able to continue to play together, continue to bash the hated Lakers and these 2 allstars could get another ring together(better chance with Clippers & R. Paul &Blake Griffin I think) and possibly retire together in their local community. I reiterate, ask them !!!

I'm sure Danny will be as respectful of these two men as you could possibly be. Especially since KG has the no-trade so he's going nowhere if eh doesn't want to.

Might be too hard for the Clippers to get PP as well. They would have to lose both Odom and Butler to make the contracts work and PP is prob not going to do much more for the team than those 2 do already. In addition they are willing to part with their 2 greatest trade chips for JUST KG, in Bledsoe and Jordan, so Pierce could get so much more value if traded to another team and doesn't have a no-trade clause.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I'm sure Danny will be as respectful of these two men as you could possibly be. Especially since KG has the no-trade so he's going nowhere if eh doesn't want to.

Might be too hard for the Clippers to get PP as well. They would have to lose both Odom and Butler to make the contracts work and PP is prob not going to do much more for the team than those 2 do already. In addition they are willing to part with their 2 greatest trade chips for JUST KG, in Bledsoe and Jordan, so Pierce could get so much more value if traded to another team and doesn't have a no-trade clause.

I think considering what KG has said, as I mentioned yesterday a game is going on.  We are supposed to believe Danny is seriously considering trading KG to the Clippers when what he has wanted all along is another big man to go with KG.  I am hoping this is what is going on.  I think blowing it up when Rondo is healthy will be far more productive than selling off assets at the deadline.  And by the way I firmly believe it won't happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Whoa, somebody else started a thread on the same 'only two options' for this team:-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

totally agree.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

totally agree.

yup, its only logical at this point

Sections
Shortcuts