There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake

While the season is far from over and I could still be proven wrong I would have to say that given the lack of playing time and productivity, Jeff Green is a bust. Boston would have been better off keeping Perkins and be able to throw wave after wave of big men at people. That entire day was a horrible turning point for Boston as Ainge also gave (GAVE AWAY?!!) away a promising young center in Semih Erden. Now we are all hoping that Shaq can come in and play at least 12 minutes a game! I was concerned about Boston's lack of offensive firepower so I gave Ainge's decisions the benefit of the doubt but when you look at the pt of the players that he traded for it's obvious that he made a huge mistake. Krstic and Green both appear to be in Doc's "Sh*t list". If y'all think of the pt that Perkins and Robinson would have contributed compared to the pt that Boston is getting from Green and Krstic, there is no doubt that Boston was weakened as a result of this move and is having to rely more on the starters. But that's not all..

Murphy? -What has he played in the playoffs, 2 minutes? 
              Krstic is unproductive. Erden contributed way more than Murphy and Krstic. Erden, while injured, played with heart. 
              Wafer?-Wafer was fairly productive but for some reason isn't being used.
              Pavlovic?-has he touched the floor at all during the playoffs?

Boston sure could use Wafer and Pavlovic now that the Eastern Conference has gotten smaller with the absence of Dwight Howard. Given that Boston already had Wafer and West and was expected to pick up Pavlovic the need for Green just wasn't there. Just like the trade for Nate Robinson, Danny Ainge made a panic move that weakened the Celtics. While I still like Boston's chances at winning #18, I am sure that a bunch of people will go "Ape Sh*t" if they don't because Boston clearly had the best team in the NBA prior to "The Trade".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake

Have looked at the "productivity" of Perk and nate??

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I'll deny it.

The trade was a gamble, but not a mistake --and over the course of time, I think it will have worked out fine. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Are you kidding me? I cant believe this is a new thread. I moved on to the second round like a week ago and we are still talking about the trade??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

When Kevin McFale joins up with the Rockets I'm sure he'll pull a deal that will "ensure the Rockets future" and trade Yao for Green or Krstic or whatever celtic scrub they may wanna throw in aka the garnett deal. I wonder if anyone has asked McFale how did that deal work out for Minny lmao.

You heard it hear first folks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake:
    [QUOTE]I like the trade. Krstic, Green, and a first round pick for a player with two bad knees and a bad shoulder, who we wouldn't sign at the end of this season anyway. And we are 4-0 in the playoffs, and JO is playing great. Good job, Danny!
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You and I agree on this point, Kirk.  Nice trade!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]When Kevin McFale joins up with the Rockets I'm sure he'll pull a deal that will "ensure the Rockets future" and trade Yao for Green or Krstic or whatever celtic scrub they may wanna throw in aka the garnett deal. I wonder if anyone has asked McFale how did that deal work out for Minny lmao. You heard it hear first folks!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious is a 12-year-old trait.  I can't wait for you to grow up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]When Kevin McFale joins up with the Rockets I'm sure he'll pull a deal that will "ensure the Rockets future" and trade Yao for Green or Krstic or whatever celtic scrub they may wanna throw in aka the garnett deal. I wonder if anyone has asked McFale how did that deal work out for Minny lmao. You heard it hear first folks!
    It was working alright until Rambus took over. He wants to play the triangle so he gives up on of the best young big man for nothing in Al Jefferson. Don't worry Lakers fans he will be fired soon because the triangle does not really work unless you have some one like Kobe or Jordan to bail it out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I like the trade. Perk wasn't going to resign. JGreen has some hops and is a future building block.

The key is Rondo. If he can continue to elevate his game (a huge IF... BTW), that will make us competitive.

If he doesn't, Perk wouldn't have helped very much anyway. His staying certainly wouldn't have helped keep Rondo's head screwed on straight. Nothing would have.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

***shaking my head*** at this thread...ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The package we sent to Minny boiled down to a 21 year old established double double PF in big Al for a 30 year old 20-10 PF in KG owed 40= million over 2 years and wanting 60 more thru age 35.

The package LA sent for 27 yr old Pau boiled down to getting his 21 year old brother playing overseas at the time.

So...where are you coming up with this trash?

LA was gifted Gasol so shamefully that multiple other owners filed complaints and claimed they had superior offers that were ignored.

Everyone felt Jefferson was the best young big put on the table for KG.

Idiot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake:
    [QUOTE]While the season is far from over and I could still be proven wrong I would have to say that given the lack of playing time and productivity, Jeff Green is a bust. Boston would have been better off keeping Perkins and be able to throw wave after wave of big men at people. That entire day was a horrible turning point for Boston as Ainge also gave (GAVE AWAY?!!) away a promising young center in Semih Erden. Now we are all hoping that Shaq can come in and play at least 12 minutes a game! I was concerned about Boston's lack of offensive firepower so I gave Ainge's decisions the benefit of the doubt but when you look at the pt of the players that he traded for it's obvious that he made a huge mistake. Krstic and Green both appear to be in Doc's "Sh*t list". If y'all think of the pt that Perkins and Robinson would have contributed compared to the pt that Boston is getting from Green and Krstic, there is no doubt that Boston was weakened as a result of this move and is having to rely more on the starters. But that's not all..           Murphy? -What has he played in the playoffs, 2 minutes?            Krstic is unproductive. Erden contributed way more than Murphy and Krstic. Erden, while injured, played with heart.            Wafer?-Wafer was fairly productive but for some reason isn't being used.           Pavlovic?-has he touched the floor at all during the playoffs? Boston sure could use Wafer and Pavlovic now that the Eastern Conference has gotten smaller with the absence of Dwight Howard. Given that Boston already had Wafer and West and was expected to pick up Pavlovic the need for Green just wasn't there. Just like the trade for Nate Robinson, Danny Ainge made a panic move that weakened the Celtics. While I still like Boston's chances at winning #18, I am sure that a bunch of people will go "Ape Sh*t" if they don't because Boston clearly had the best team in the NBA prior to "The Trade".
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

tHAT IS YOUR OPINION,i CAN SEE YOU HATE DA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

WHAT A STUPID PREMISE

Some guy from Texas gets an earful of generic talk radio blather and labels the trade a mistake BEFORE we even play the Heat ?

Insane.

10 days from now we will have a better idea IF the trade was a mistake , but we will not know for sure until (or unless) the Celtics DON'T make the finals.

I say if the Celtics beat the Heat and Chi/ATL and even get to the Finals, then that settles it. Ainge's gamble was based on his (and Doc's) belief that the Celtics were DOA going into the playoffs and would get rolled in the first round because they couldn't score point and had no athletes who could guard LeBron, Deng, Joe Johnson or D. Wade......

Labeling the trade a mistake BEFORE they even play the Heat ?

sorry, but that's just a stupid take , I don't care how many talk radio idiots talk about the Celtics like they have one foot in the grave , the Celtics are awesome to watch and they are absolutely NOT a bunch of old creaky has beens who play a boring style where they pray they hit jumpers and pray the other team misses. The Celtics are physical, frenetic, athletic  ,have the deepest roster in the league , ect...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics SWEEP the Heat.

Celtics in 5 after the refs try to get cute and keep the Heat in the series

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

www.redsarmy.com/.a/6a01156f2c3287970c0120a538dbd7970c-800wi" target="_top">View Image

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

We will see.

The Celitics is five or six.

We will not know until the finals if it was good or bad. Shaq is only needed against the Lakers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonnnyrotten. Show jonnnyrotten's posts

Let this play out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Let this play out. 
    Posted by jonnnyrotten[/QUOTE]

Naw, I think we'll continue speculating if it's okay with you!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

Cs fans in denial.

What will you say if OKC wins the title?

"Oh golly gee! I still love the trade."

Window closing on Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

[QUOTE]Cs fans in denial. What will you say if OKC wins the title? "Oh golly gee! I still love the trade." Window closing on Boston.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

who the F is this guy?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics will have had a week to get ready and work in practice as a team.

These guys could mesh a lot more than you think.   I think Doc will surprise and use Murphy, Wafer, and Pavlovic  more than anyone thought.  It could be a different team than you saw close the season and pleasantly surprise us in the playoffs.  It's not a guarantee but it could happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Cs fans in denial. What will you say if OKC wins the title? "Oh golly gee! I still love the trade." Window closing on Boston.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

We will say, "Thank God it wasn't the lakers!!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

After the first two games we will have a better take on this.  The trade was good for the future, not so sure it was good for this year.  As Tex said we were definitely the best team before the trade and we sure haven't been since.  If we are competitive in all the games with the Heat then I will feel better.  I know we would have been competitive with what we had.  You can't tell me having Perk and JO wouldn't have given us a edge inside against most all teams.   Green is not a bust but has not found he spot on the team yet and he is not physical so far. Hopefully that will change.

We will see pretty quick. I haven't given up but I think we are weaker and 90% of the NBA thinks we are weaker.  Only a lot of Boston fans don't think this.  I hope the 90% is wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

F this guy!  Trolls are all over cause they know the Celts are coming at them!  It's all about 18!  Bring it on Trolls!  Sweeping Miami ....guaranteed! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]After the first two games we will have a better take on this.  The trade was good for the future, not so sure it was good for this year.  As Tex said we were definitely the best team before the trade and we sure haven't been since.  If we are competitive in all the games with the Heat then I will feel better.  I know we would have been competitive with what we had.  You can't tell me having Perk and JO wouldn't have given us a edge inside against most all teams.   Green is not a bust but has not found he spot on the team yet and he is not physical so far. Hopefully that will change. We will see pretty quick. I haven't given up but I think we are weaker and 90% of the NBA thinks we are weaker.  Only a lot of Boston fans don't think this.  I hope the 90% is wrong.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, OneOnOne. I want Boston to win it all as much as anyone but some folks just "can't handle the Truth!". If Green has paid attention to all of the criticism that he has been getting I can't imagine that he wouldn't "man-up" and become more aggressive. It's like the little boy who puts a whooping on the school bully because his dad tells him to stop being a sissy and let him have it!

Sections
Shortcuts