There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake

In Response to There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake:

[QUOTE]While the season is far from over and I could still be proven wrong I would have to say that given the lack of playing time and productivity, Jeff Green is a bust. Boston would have been better off keeping Perkins and be able to throw wave after wave of big men at people. That entire day was a horrible turning point for Boston as Ainge also gave (GAVE AWAY?!!) away a promising young center in Semih Erden. Now we are all hoping that Shaq can come in and play at least 12 minutes a game! I was concerned about Boston's lack of offensive firepower so I gave Ainge's decisions the benefit of the doubt but when you look at the pt of the players that he traded for it's obvious that he made a huge mistake. Krstic and Green both appear to be in Doc's "Sh*t list". If y'all think of the pt that Perkins and Robinson would have contributed compared to the pt that Boston is getting from Green and Krstic, there is no doubt that Boston was weakened as a result of this move and is having to rely more on the starters. But that's not all..           Murphy? -What has he played in the playoffs, 2 minutes?            Krstic is unproductive. Erden contributed way more than Murphy and Krstic. Erden, while injured, played with heart.            Wafer?-Wafer was fairly productive but for some reason isn't being used.           Pavlovic?-has he touched the floor at all during the playoffs? Boston sure could use Wafer and Pavlovic now that the Eastern Conference has gotten smaller with the absence of Dwight Howard. Given that Boston already had Wafer and West and was expected to pick up Pavlovic the need for Green just wasn't there. Just like the trade for Nate Robinson, Danny Ainge made a panic move that weakened the Celtics. While I still like Boston's chances at winning #18, I am sure that a bunch of people will go "Ape Sh*t" if they don't because Boston clearly had the best team in the NBA prior to "The Trade".

Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

-

Hey, Tex, I feel ya, Man.

I accepted the trade, what can you do, but I can't say I was thrilled about it. I too believe that there was an element of panic involved.

I'm wondering if Nate would have come out of the slump he was in.  Perk, he of the stone hands, the frustrating offense, his intangibles are off the chart.

I confess I don't generally like trades very much unless it's for a blockbuster bonus like KG or Ray.

If it ain't broke,don't fix it . . . it looked broke to Danny . .  he kept hearing all the folks on BDC calling for a "must-have back-up for Paul" -- how did that work out, Mr. Green, you of the passive, tentative nature and poor ball handling skills. 

But we have the team we have now, and I too like our chances.

But, Man, I really, really liked Nate & Perk.

Go Celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

7 games against the Miami Heat will tell the story...

I liked Perk and Nate too, but I would have thought aquisition of:

Jeff Green
    Nened Kristic
    Troy Murphy
    Carlos Arroyo
    Sasha Pavolick

and the addition of Delonte West and Shaq for the playoffs......

would answer any question

but we still don't know how this is gonna turn out...

I like that there are more wing players available to cover the dangerous Lebron, Joe Johnson, Deng, Josh Smith , that Von Wafer and Sasha are there in the bullpen at the ready.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake:

[QUOTE]7 games against the Miami Heat will tell the story... I liked Perk and Nate too, but I would have thought aquisition of:   Jeff Green Nened Kristic Troy Murphy Carlos Arroyo Sasha Pavolick and the addition of Delonte West and Shaq for the playoffs...... would answer any question but we still don't know how this is gonna turn out... I like that there are more wing players available to cover the dangerous Lebron, Joe Johnson, Deng, Josh Smith , that Von Wafer and Sasha are there in the bullpen at the ready.....  

Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

-

Nice post.  Great poster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Some things youre forgetting about the trade... it wasnt exclusively to give us a big boost for the playoffs.  One big reason was to add deptrh for the remainder of the regular season... We dealt Perk, Nate, Erden, Luke & Quis.   Erden wasnt playing (hurt most season) , Perk although just back  reinjured, Quis out hurt, Luke ineffective, Nate ineffective.  

THe only player we lost that we could rely upo0n  for something was Perk..and he missed another few weeks after the trade.

Couple those guys with the rest of the injured players we had (Shaq, JO, DWest) and its clear these trades had to be made to keep our starters having to play 40 mins easch, rest them some for the playoffs and fill out our roster to finish the season.

Now that the playoffs have started... Green will be looked upon to contribute the most...but again, it doesnt mean he needs star stats each series.. Green has been ok thus far in the playoffs... nobody else we picked up has cause theyre not getting PT except Kristic, who has been poor.

... but its still early yet.. on the other side of the coin.. Perk has played ok for OKC ..

We got what we needed and waiting to see how Green, Kristic et al can chip in during the palyoffs. 

The fact DA gambled the Oneals would be back is still a question.. so Far the JON gamble has paid off.. so DA is half way home. Shaq, who knows??  but we're a better team with JON than with Perk...

still need to wait and see

Now we have JON back playiong good...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: There is no denying it-"The Trade" was a mistake:
    [QUOTE]After the first two games we will have a better take on this.  The trade was good for the future, not so sure it was good for this year.  As Tex said we were definitely the best team before the trade and we sure haven't been since.  If we are competitive in all the games with the Heat then I will feel better.  I know we would have been competitive with what we had.  You can't tell me having Perk and JO wouldn't have given us a edge inside against most all teams.   Green is not a bust but has not found he spot on the team yet and he is not physical so far. Hopefully that will change. We will see pretty quick. I haven't given up but I think we are weaker and 90% of the NBA thinks we are weaker.  Only a lot of Boston fans don't think this.  I hope the 90% is wrong.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with your post.  I still think that trading Perkins was a mistake.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Je refuser!  Green will ultimately prove to be an important player in this quest. JO has out performed expectation and has been at least equal to what they would have gotten from Perk. The overall team speed has increased, and they acquired a backup at three positions. With Perk and no backup for Pierce this team didn't have enough to go the distance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

At what point do we stop talking about the trade?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Beginning next year I am happy having Green in the rotation...I loved Perk but he was limited....the sky is the limit for Green in my opinion.....and Krytic is a versatile  Back Up center....will give us more than Nate did.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

It is still too early to judge the trade.

The new guys, including Green, have been feeling their way into the Celtic system. With the extra time off, they have all had time to learn more sets, anddefensive rotations. As a result we should be able to judge Green's value better during this series.

Shaq and JO may play Sunday.