There is one major postive out of this injury mess.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

There is one major postive out of this injury mess.

With all the injuries suffered and players traded away, there is a major positive.

Shaq and JO will be back and will be playing big minutes come playoff time. What does that mean? It means no one is gong to have any film on this team when we are at full strength. We may be still figuring things out and getting used to new players, but the other team is going to have nothing to study from.

I am still confident we will win the title. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: There is one major postive out of this injury mess.

I thought about that too, Btown!  Wouldn't that be poetic justice after all we've been through?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

C'mon, let's think positive here!  The Celtics clearly are, judging by today's game so far.  Especially Garnett, for what it's worth...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: There is one major postive out of this injury mess.:
    [QUOTE]C'mon, let's think positive here!  The Celtics clearly are, judging by today's game so far.  Especially Garnett, for what it's worth...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

This is really disheartening and yet not shocking the way our fans are panicking. you would think after last year which was a whole year of the celtics playing this way that maybe, just maybe we would learn some patience.

I know this Celtics team will be in the title fight for sure.

Rondo
    Ray
    Truth
    KG
    Shaq

D West
    Wafer
    Green
    Big Baby
    JO

Bring It.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Who said Shaq and JON will return and play "big minutes"?  At this point, let's hope they come back first.  Then hopefully they can give us 10-15 minutes each (which I doubt) without having to sit out playoff games.

As much as I'd love to see both O'Neals out there, there just is no true indicator that suggests they will.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: There is one major postive out of this injury mess. : This is really disheartening and yet not shocking the way our fans are panicking. you would think after last year which was a whole year of the celtics playing this way that maybe, just maybe we would learn some patience. I know this Celtics team will be in the title fight for sure. Rondo Ray Truth KG Shaq D West Wafer Green Big Baby JO Bring It.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

It's a long season and when teams go through slumps - even if they turn out to be smaller in the end - they are scary as hell at the time.  I think once we see even one of the O'Neals back, things will change.  Call me naive, but I just have a feeling they will both return.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Sorry folks: this wishful thinking about Shaq & JO coming to rescue this squad at the end of the season is just that . . . wishful thinking.

Haven't most of you played BBall? It takes time to develop chemistry, even for vets like Shaq and JO.

This team is old, getting worse by the week, and Danny broke up too much of the team too late in the year to recover. Though I still think NK is big upgrade over hands-of-stone Perkins.

I hope I'm wrong. But I'm prepared for a first or second round exit.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiJere. Show LiJere's posts

How is SHAQ and JON going to help this team after missing all this time; they keep talking about team chemistry.  This seems to be the new excuse we have been hearing after these pathetic loses; how the new guys are still trying to learn the system?  I know SHAQ and JON are seasoned veterans, but I don't see them being our saviors!!!

Nothing like having false hope.  This team is just plain OLD, WASHED-UP and TIRED. 

AINGE
    panicked about the thought of losing PERK to free agency, and decided to pull the trigger.  He could have done a lot better than he did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

say wat u want but il be here when this team turns it on and dominates in the playoffs.

yea things dont look good right now. im as frustrated as u guys; however they did this last year and like i said last year, they will be fine.

Have some patience. The Big 4 has been playing without a center for almost half the season.  DA knows what hes doing.

il give u the alternative to not trading perkins.

Perk is just now getting back to play with the Thunder. Great so we would have had Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG, Davis as our only dependable players for a good month now. Talk about tired. they would have been totally spent and Perk comming back now (still hobled by his knees btw) wouldnt help much.

I have never been a Shaq fan before this year, but for some reason I know he is going to be ready to be the enforcer we need. JO is iffy as always, but if the man has any pride, he will play.

if u want to complain, complain about how Green is not being used nearly enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This team played awesome b-ball in last years playoffs after looking misreble at the end of the year.  IMO, the playoffs are less about chemistry and more about "who wants it more"  and "play ur a ss off or go home"  Its funny how u can dig deep and find more when its do or die time.  This team has always found a way to dig deeper just when people start writing them off.  I am in the camp of, Guys know they need to be able to bring it in June and are not really concerned with going all out right now...They remember how long and grueling the playoffs were last year and are probably thinking ahead...which, personally I have no problem with....you know why?  the alternative is much more worriesome...which is , if they dont get the rest they need and have nothing in the tank for the playoffs , it dont matter if we brought back Bill Russell  himself..cuz the rest of the team would die before the 2nd round...Let these guys work this shyt out...nobody over there is panicking..so why are we?   I guess people love Shaq so much they need to be able to see him playing right now in order to believe he still exits...I dont care...i saw him earlier , he looked good, and I want him to rest as much as possible in order to look good in June....If I can get 3 or 4 more games from Shaq in June by resting him now, or have him play now to get POSSIBLY a few more wins...I will take door # 1....Its funny how most people thought Shaq coming here was a bad idea...Now, they rest the whole hopes of a season on his every step.  Just be happy that Danny brought him in...cuz you guys wanted Kwame Brown instead...Yes, guys wanted Brown over Shaq!  even Brad Miller...so just relax and wait until SHOWTIME!  This is when our team shines the brightest....let the Lakers wear themselves out and the Bulls for that matter trying to peek now...We know what it takes...we are a vet. team...so let these guys take it easy...cuz a worn out big 3 gets you nowhere in the playoffs...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Who said Shaq and JON will return and play "big minutes"?  At this point, let's hope they come back first.  Then hopefully they can give us 10-15 minutes each (which I doubt) without having to sit out playoff games. As much as I'd love to see both O'Neals out there, there just is no true indicator that suggests they will.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree that until they both return and play for a few games, we won't really know how helpful they will be during the playoffs.  It is definitely a big unknown for this team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry folks: this wishful thinking about Shaq & JO coming to rescue this squad at the end of the season is just that . . . wishful thinking. Haven't most of you played BBall? It takes time to develop chemistry, even for vets like Shaq and JO. This team is old, getting worse by the week, and Danny broke up too much of the team too late in the year to recover. Though I still think NK is big upgrade over hands-of-stone Perkins. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm prepared for a first or second round exit.
    Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]

They traded one guy in Perk who was injured for a good part of the year anyway.  Daniels was done due to injury, was Ainge supposed to keep him on the roster with no replacement?  Perk was the only significant loss, the rest were roster flotsam and jetsam.  It wasn't breaking up too much of the team too late, it's the fact that the guys he brought in here for depth have been hurt all year (Shaq, JO and West).  

Injuries, injuries, injuries.  I loved Perk, but as a big fan of his game even I would admit that if the O'Neals were healthy he'd not be missed nearly as much.  Ainge gambled on Perk, and this team has time to show that it was the right gamble.  Time will tell.     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

In Response to There is one major postive out of this injury mess.:
    [QUOTE]With all the injuries suffered and players traded away, there is a major positive. Shaq and JO will be back and will be playing big minutes come playoff time. What does that mean? It means no one is gong to have any film on this team when we are at full strength. We may be still figuring things out and getting used to new players, but the other team is going to have nothing to study from. I am still confident we will win the title. 
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

That's a very positive way to look at it, let's hope you are correct.