There is only one reason for the slump

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: There is only one reason for the slump

I am a broken record, Shaq is the reason for the slump.  He was supposed to be playing with this whole trade and movement of players occurred.  The losses to the middle and bottom of the league came when Shaq was nowhere to be found.

And Shaq I sadly feel is no one to depend on even with his desire for number 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: There is only one reason for the slump:
    In Response to There is only one reason for the slump : You're half right. The interior defense part you are correct. But the Rivers and Ainge were guards part totally not true. Championships are won in the paint, even Doc and Ainge know that.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Rivers and Ainge weren't guards?  That's a new one on me!!  But coming from someone who dosen't think we lost to the Grizz, It makes perfect sense!  Especially if that someone is the board idiot!!  Keep dancing fool!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

There's multiple reasons for the slump, but yes this is one of the reasons

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to There is only one reason for the slump:
    Interior defense. Krstic and Davis can't defend the post. That effects the offense and the defense. We had four interior defenders, but we traded two of them and two are injured. The big mistake was trading Erden. He could defend the post and played very well with the starters, and all we got in return was a second round draft choice. If we get JO and Shaq back, things will be completely different. This may relate to the fact that both Rivers and Ainge were guards, and they tend to not appreciate the value of big men.
    Posted by Kirk6

Ainge had a chance to draft DeAndre Jordan at 30 a few years back, but choose J.R. Giddens. Jordan went 35 to the Clippers. I remember I cringed when I heard J.R. 's name. I do think they appreciate big men, but they do not seem to get that you can never have enough of them. Trading Semih was a mistake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm seeing the same thing. When the interior defense breaks down it's requiring others to help. Perk was a good one on one defender so you didn't have to give him help. Krstic has to get help.

I still think the bigger problem is our offensive execution at the end of games. We are losing leads and are scrambling on offense to get good shots.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

If the big three return to thier games we will be a factor again.  This competative team of ours started with Kevin, Ray, and Paul.  Rondo and the rest are roll players that play off of the greatness of our three.  The big three do not need to score great numbers but they need to lead and hit many tough shots and make many tough stops for us if we want to win.  In the playoffs and against the better teams they seem to do better and we do better.  This entire year we just have not played well against the weaker teams.  The NBA is made up of good players and for a team to do well , night after night, you need some above average players and we have them, they are just not on the same page at this point in time and we hope they will be by the playoffs.  Since we have blown our opportunity to have hca , then we will just need to gut it up and win four out of seven.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to There is only one reason for the slump : Ainge had a chance to draft DeAndre Jordan at 30 a few years back, but choose J.R. Giddens. Jordan went 35 to the Clippers. I remember I cringed when I heard J.R. 's name. I do think they appreciate big men, but they do not seem to get that you can never have enough of them. Trading Semih was a mistake.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

i don't think so.  semih has played in ONE GAME for the cavs. a team starving for size.  that is to say they often start 6-8 jj hickson at the center.  if semih had anything left of that shoulder, he'd be playing for them. 

the only other 7 footer on the cavs roster is ryan ham and egger hollins.  he stinks.  semih is better than him.  all day long. 

without knowing what lacerte, doc and danny did about semih's shoulder, i'd be reluctant to call that trade a disaster even though it looks awful on paper.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: There is only one reason for the slump : i don't think so.  semih has played in ONE GAME for the cavs. a team starving for size.  that is to say they often start 6-8 jj hickson at the center.  if semih had anything left of that shoulder, he'd be playing for them.  the only other 7 footer on the cavs roster is ryan ham and egger hollins.  he stinks.  semih is better than him.  all day long.  without knowing what lacerte, doc and danny did about semih's shoulder, i'd be reluctant to call that trade a disaster even though it looks awful on paper.
    Posted by aciemvp

Semih might have started in one game with them, but you got to look at what he did with the Celtics. Obviously playing with Pierce, Garnett, and Ray his numbers might have been inflated, but right now we need size.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What did they do when Perk and Shaq weren't there before this trade?  It's a lot more than the interior defense claim.

Some games they can't even score more than 85 points which is ludicrous with this lineup and bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to There is only one reason for the slump:
    Interior defense. Krstic and Davis can't defend the post. That effects the offense and the defense. We had four interior defenders, but we traded two of them and two are injured. The big mistake was trading Erden. He could defend the post and played very well with the starters, and all we got in return was a second round draft choice. If we get JO and Shaq back, things will be completely different. This may relate to the fact that both Rivers and Ainge were guards, and they tend to not appreciate the value of big men.
    Posted by Kirk6

Let's look at the real reason for the recent slump.  Of course there any number of factors which deserve some level of credit and blame but here is my take.....

Danny thinks that there is a remote possibility that in the NBA you can both win and rebuild.

He lived through dismantling of the prior big 3 and Danny has been pressed with the same challenge.

I think there is a fundamental given that most do not want to accept or attempt to manage around.  The NBA is a cycle that is driven by the stars and when the stars wane critically important decisions are required.

Danny was faced with his first big 3 decision last year and passed on getting Kevin Martin, Monta Ellis, and Andris Biedrins for Rondo and Ray Allen.... let's see a better point guard, a very good 3 point shooter, and a very good young athletic center who has really good hands, etc.

He re-upped some players that are older and panicked when Perk went down so he overpaid for JO and was glad to get Shaq but he could not accept, in complete denial, that Rondo was the problem in the finals - cannot shoot, nobody needs to guard him, cannot make foul shots, cannot make 3s, cannot make jumpers - so we must blame it on length / height.  Tight games in the finals - if Rondo made a jumper here or there or a few foul shots here or there, they win the title......

Assuming that is a given, which of course most of you can't, Danny has been in the league in some capacity for 25 years.  He has fallen into some sort of Bilechick trap.... keep winning but also try to rebuild. 

Um Danny you above everyone else should understand that the league is cyclical and that your success is driven by your players and when the players go, so do you......

Attempting to cheat the salary cap, attempting to pretend that you have made great picks, etc, will surely make you the executive of the year.

I am so glad given that there will be a lockout and that there will be a huge player salary adjustment and that Danny will not have locked up Perk and a bucnh of other players to ridiculous contracts, well of course other than Rondo's.

When you have a window to win, you have to win because trying to trade for the future is a fundamentally flawed thought process.  This is where Danny definitely deserves blame.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Yep, he is the reason for lost concentration against weaker teams, definitely.  And that Green guy is a lost cause, yep, Danny has made us better but It is his faul and mabey also George Bush's fault that the team is missing shots and defensive assignment and playing with a lack of urgency, yep.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to There is only one reason for the slump : Let's look at the real reason for the recent slump.  Of course there any number of factors which deserve some level of credit and blame but here is my take..... Danny thinks that there is a remote possibility that in the NBA you can both win and rebuild. He lived through dismantling of the prior big 3 and Danny has been pressed with the same challenge. I think there is a fundamental given that most do not want to accept or attempt to manage around.  The NBA is a cycle that is driven by the stars and when the stars wane critically important decisions are required. Danny was faced with his first big 3 decision last year and passed on getting Kevin Martin, Monta Ellis, and Andris Biedrins for Rondo and Ray Allen.... let's see a better point guard, a very good 3 point shooter, and a very good young athletic center who has really good hands, etc. He re-upped some players that are older and panicked when Perk went down so he overpaid for JO and was glad to get Shaq but he could not accept, in complete denial, that Rondo was the problem in the finals - cannot shoot, nobody needs to guard him, cannot make foul shots, cannot make 3s, cannot make jumpers - so we must blame it on length / height.  Tight games in the finals - if Rondo made a jumper here or there or a few foul shots here or there, they win the title...... Assuming that is a given, which of course most of you can't, Danny has been in the league in some capacity for 25 years.  He has fallen into some sort of Bilechick trap.... keep winning but also try to rebuild.  Um Danny you above everyone else should understand that the league is cyclical and that your success is driven by your players and when the players go, so do you...... Attempting to cheat the salary cap, attempting to pretend that you have made great picks, etc, will surely make you the executive of the year. I am so glad given that there will be a lockout and that there will be a huge player salary adjustment and that Danny will not have locked up Perk and a bucnh of other players to ridiculous contracts, well of course other than Rondo's. When you have a window to win, you have to win because trying to trade for the future is a fundamentally flawed thought process.  This is where Danny definitely deserves blame.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

This from the guy who was making fun of those against the trade?BTW never would have made it oo the finals without Rondo. You can't accept that though.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Interior defense is an issue. Krystic has been targeted since he arrived.

While over all defense is not bad, the fact that the Celtics are not able to stop other teams at the end of the fourth quarter like before, has probably caused the Celtics to lose some confidence, and focus.

When Shaq and Jermaine return, and the second season starts, the focus should return. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Krstic would be a great 3rd or 2nd string Center if the O'Neals are able to play.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Lose the bum kissing act, you can't pull it off!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I am a broken record, Shaq is the reason for the slump.  He was supposed to be playing with this whole trade and movement of players occurred.  The losses to the middle and bottom of the league came when Shaq was nowhere to be found. And Shaq I sadly feel is no one to depend on even with his desire for number 5.
    Posted by concord27

how could anyone expect shaq to be off injury on a consistent basis?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

before the 'slump' Krystic had a few good games and everyone was raving about how good of a trade this was... now where is he .. 2/4 in the last game

And we got Green to rest Pierce yet Green shot 1/3

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: C's are 5-0 since trades

posted at 3/9/2011 8:51 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 3/30/2011
    Some of you are never happy. This team is MUCH MUCH better than the team that took the floor a month ago. No Shaq, no West and they are getting much more production from the bench. It doesn't take long to see how much better the team is, whether it's 5 games or 25 games, they are fresher and more balanced. It's not like Krstic and Green didn't come from a good defensive team, they know how to play defense.

This team is a BETTER playoff built team than a team with Semih, Luke, Nate and Perk. From 1-14 all have good playoff experience...all except CJ. So I'm sure how some can't see how Ainge made the team stronger and younger just by adding a few pieces.
    hmmmm

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I insist. C's seem a fiba basketball team. no Dunk, no rebound, no block. Erden trade was a big mistake. Krstic is a could chest, BBD have to leave hamburgers, and KG must be told that the paint is dry and that can be walked

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: There is only one reason for the slump : Semih might have started in one game with them, but you got to look at what he did with the Celtics. Obviously playing with Pierce, Garnett, and Ray his numbers might have been inflated, but right now we need size.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

i AM considering what he did for the celts!  he was only available sporadically, it was said multiple times that he needed shoulder surgery and they were just trying to keep him glued together for the duration of the season.

i am NOT and was NOT anti-semih- i thought he was a really nice surprise, but the bottom line is that none of us know what lacerte did about his shoulder.  he hasn't played a lick for the cavs, and i think that says a lot about the condition semi is in.

if he could have been functional here, i believe he'd STILL BE HERE- i think he did great for us, when he was available to go.

Sections
Shortcuts