They Don't Want to Build Around Him

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him

It's unfortunate to see reports of him clashing with Doc and being "high-maintenance".  I would have thought Rondo would have matured by now.  He's definitely been in the league long enough and has had exemplary HOFs from which to model himself.

When you read reports that GSW rejected a Rondo for Curry trade in December, it makes you wonder if he truly has any real value.  So far, OKC rejected a trade for Rondo as did Indiana after doing some investigation into his leadership and attitude.  Now we're hearing GSW did too.

If GSW won't trade Curry for Rondo (trade principles), who do we expect to get for him if he's traded?  I would not put Curry in the top ten PGs in the NBA.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him:
    [QUOTE]It's unfortunate to see reports of him clashing with Doc and being "high-maintenance".  I would have thought Rondo would have matured by now.  He's definitely been in the league long enough and has had exemplary HOFs from which to model himself. When you read reports that GSW rejected a Rondo for Curry trade in December, it makes you wonder if he truly has any real value.  So far, OKC rejected a trade for Rondo as did Indiana after doing some investigation into his leadership and attitude.  Now we're hearing GSW did too. If GSW won't trade Curry for Rondo (trade principles), who do we expect to get for him if he's traded?  I would not put Curry in the top ten PGs in the NBA.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Petey I agree with you what is rondo worth?  If he is worth Gasol and change he will be traded.  If he is not he won't. Other combinations are possible but the Celtics will never dump him for something not relevant.  I wonder if they will package him with Bass and hope they don't, if they do we will show how desperate they are to get rid of him.  He sure looked worth keeping last night but this kid is all over the  place night in night out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If you think about it, a rebuilding process requires a team to assemble as much talent as possible, regardless of position.  Rondo is a nice piece, but I worry about him as the face of the franchise since he seems so temperamental.  Can he attract FAs to this team post big 3, because they want to play with him?  Not so sure, but in theory that should be a big yes because he's a pass first PG.    

Some of the best teams in the league have passable PGs and not superstars.  Some of the best PGs in the league have proven that they cannot do it alone (Paul, Williams, Rose, Nash).  So maybe Ainge feels he needs to collect assets/picks again for a rebuilding process.  It's awfully worrisome that Rondo's name comes up so much in trade rumors but the spin is always that the other team is hesitant to make the trade and not Boston.  Can that be an exaggeration if it's been said 3 or 4 times after failed trades?      

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]It's unfortunate to see reports of him clashing with Doc and being "high-maintenance".  I would have thought Rondo would have matured by now.  He's definitely been in the league long enough and has had exemplary HOFs from which to model himself. When you read reports that GSW rejected a Rondo for Curry trade in December, it makes you wonder if he truly has any real value.  So far, OKC rejected a trade for Rondo as did Indiana after doing some investigation into his leadership and attitude.  Now we're hearing GSW did too. If GSW won't trade Curry for Rondo (trade principles), who do we expect to get for him if he's traded?  I would not put Curry in the top ten PGs in the NBA.

Cs management has been coddling/enabling/tolerating R9R's antics, euphemistically termed  "constructive defiance" for years.

What exactly did we expect? 

A happy ending?

R9R is very self-destructive.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Rondo gets a triple double, fierce posts his 1000th ani-Rondo post and the usual suspects chime in.All so predictable.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce your noting two Rondo errors IS NOT the reason the Bucks cut the lead from 8 points to 2.

Bass missed two shots at the rim with 2:28 and 1:05 left in the 4th quarter.  Also, don't forget Ray's missed shot at 2:04 that could have helped maintain the lead while Milwaukee was on a 13-0 run.

Also, let's not forget the fact that our captain, who is supposed to take us home, only took and made ONE SHOT in the entire 4th quarter.

But go ahead and blame it on Rondo if you want.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Image Detail

"They say we're young and we don't know, we won't find out until we grow ..."

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, if Rondo is anti-clutch, then what do you call Pierce?  Why do you call a guy "anti-clutch" when that's not in his "DNA"?  It's never been Rondo's game to be the "finisher".  Shouldn't we be more concerned with Pierce's inability to be clutch down the stretch?  I'm more disappointed in Pierce's ability to finish since we've relied on that for so long.  WOULD YOU AGREE?

Ok, to humor you, let's call Rondo anti-clutch.  Here goes, Rondo is "anti-clutch".  How was that?

Oh yea, while we're at it, let's call him "3-Doubles" too since he can "get" a triple-double whenever he wants.

The Celtics are a TEAM.  They all have roles and it is more Pierce's role to be clutch than Rondo's.  I respect Rondo more for being aggressive than Pierce for taking ONLY ONE SHOT in the 4th quarter.  Now who's clutch.  I'd rather be "anti-clutch" than "reluctant to get involved".

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : Paul Pierce is a 2nd tier superstar who rose to the occasion in 2008 when he scored 41 points, in Game 7 against Cavs, to propel the Celts to the ECF. Pierce already gave Boston a title. Right now what we're getting from Pierce is just a bonus. The Big 3 were done the moment they lost to the Lakers in 2010. So saying Pierce is not very good right now is the truth. I mean come on, Pierce is 34 years old, he's old. 

Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

See this is confusing.  Pierce is good. I mean what does the word good mean to you?  He isn't nearly who he used to be but he is averaging 17, 5, and 5 from the three spot.

Is that not "good"?  and if you don't think he is good  and the big three are done why have you kept saying that "one player could make a difference"?  

Really confusing man.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce your noting two Rondo errors IS NOT the reason the Bucks cut the lead from 8 points to 2. Bass missed two shots at the rim with 2:28 and 1:05 left in the 4th quarter.  Also, don't forget Ray's missed shot at 2:04 that could have helped maintain the lead while Milwaukee was on a 13-0 run. Also, let's not forget the fact that our captain, who is supposed to take us home, only took and made ONE SHOT in the entire 4th quarter. But go ahead and blame it on Rondo if you want.

good point petey!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, PLEASE ANSWER THIS -- "Do you equate "disappearing in the 4th qtr" of a game with"having no points"?

Rondo had TWO POINTS in the entire second half so how do you suggest he disappeared in the 4th quarter?  Using your criteria he disappeared in the 2nd half.  He had more assists and rebounds in the 2nd half than any other Celtic player (I have not verified that but from what I saw he contributed with assists and rebounds).

It's not all about scoring.  He had 9 assists in the 2nd half and countless rebounds so I would not necessarily say he disappeared.

I like your description of Pierce and the Big 3.  You are right that they are not as Big a 3 as they are "truly" a Supporting 3 now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : Paul Pierce is a 2nd tier superstar who rose to the occasion in 2008 when he scored 41 points, in Game 7 against Cavs, to propel the Celts to the ECF. Pierce already gave Boston a title. Right now what we're getting from Pierce is just a bonus. The Big 3 were done the moment they lost to the Lakers in 2010. So saying Pierce is not very good right now is the truth. I mean come on, Pierce is 34 years old, he's old. 

ahhh so how about when Rondo rose to the occassion in 09 in Garnetts absence, nearly averaged a triple double against derrick rose and the bulls in one of the greatest series ever? or how about in 2010, when Rondo's play got them all the way to game 7 of the finals, to the point where every commentator and analyst was calling him the best player in the playoffs and CLEAR finals mvp if they won the last game. 

like do you only have short term memory? do you not remember and appreciate what this guy REALLY has done for this team?? you CANT be a Celtics fan if you dont appreciate this..its really sad your hate for Rondo has forced u to overlook wat the guy has done.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lets see some "rising to the occassion" moments.

take a step back and realize that the kid hasnt just been riding coattails his whole career..he too has stepped up in the biggest stages.

Sections
Shortcuts