They Don't Want to Build Around Him

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him

In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him:
    In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : You remember in 2009 we only lasted until the 2nd round of the playoffs? How about in 2010 when Rondo only scored 3 points in the 4th qtr. against the Lakers in Game 7? In 2009 Rose was just a rookie and was not a good shooter from outside of 15 feet. The following season, 2010, Rose was already a decent outside shooter. Last year Rose was already a good 3pt shooter. Rondo could only outplay Rose when Rose was a rookie. Did Rondo carry us to a championship in 2010?
    Posted by Fiercest34

so a guy can ABSOLUTELY CARRY a team all the way to a game 7, but if he has one or two bad games you forget everything? thats how you judge a player? oh ok. you absolutely must have only been a fan since 07, since u wanna judge everything on winning championships. no way you stayed true to your team during the tough times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Fierce, PLEASE ANSWER THIS -- "Do you equate "disappearing in the 4th qtr" of a game with"having no points"? Rondo had TWO POINTS in the entire second half so how do you suggest he disappeared in the 4th quarter?  Using your criteria he disappeared in the 2nd half.  He had more assists and rebounds in the 2nd half than any other Celtic player (I have not verified that but from what I saw he contributed with assists and rebounds). It's not all about scoring.  He had 9 assists in the 2nd half and countless rebounds so I would not necessarily say he disappeared. I like your description of Pierce and the Big 3.  You are right that they are not as Big a 3 as they are "truly" a Supporting 3 now.
    Posted by Petey62

Firstly, let , me say as a Septuagenarian, I like it when old players still excel at sports. I play USTA Super Senior  tournament tennis in an over 65 league & do well not because of my physical advantage but skill at lobs, drop shops,  top spin, slice serves etc.  None of these demand any more skill of me than they did 20-30 years ago. Tennis, however, is different and although one can play on a team, it’s doubles with one other player.  BB demands more of a team effort from many players to be successful. I agree with Fierce that the Big 3 are on their decline since the 2010 loss to the Lakers---in fact they were on their decline starting with about the end of the 3rd Qtr. when they blew a 13 pt lead and were especially in their decline in the last 2 minutes when they couldn’t buy a basket that could have changed the complexion of the 4 point loss. Yes, there was an egregious difference in foul shots, 41 to 18 I think, and many unfair I still believe to this day but comments were, and with some truth, because we were fatigued, we were grabbing and that is due to age. I still think the Big 3 can play a few years but in more supporting roles and surrounded by younger, and even 10 year younger players. Their experience skills will be beneficial but because their legs are not the same, their hearts are but the body does not follow, our prime need is a Center Banger who can put in the rebound or toss it out to them as they can’t rebound as they use to.  I’m not as much on Fierce’s bandwagon to unload Rondo because we are desperate for a PG.  Sure it would be nice to have a Rose, Ellis, D. Williams etc. but more important, even keeping Rondo, to get a competent Center. The problem is we can’t without trading Rondo. Yup, he’s had some triple double days & some days he’s a bust not hitting 10-15 footers, foul shots, causing turnovers etc. but this is when you expect other team members to show up.  Ray Allen hit seven 3s and 8/11 in game 4 or 5 of 7 game Laker series and broke a record.  Would have been better he didn’t and saved 1 or 2 for last qtr in game 7.  I mean Kobe shot only 6/24 or 25%  yet the rebounding overshadowed his mediocre performance and the team’s 32%.

In short, what I feel is strong rebounding, getting the edge in most games, will beat most jump shooting teams unless they shoot 50% as we can get another 10 shots up and as they say “ even a blind chipmunk can find an acorn occasionally “.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, I asked if you would answer my question and you simply dismissed it.  I would never do that to you.  So, I'll ask again.

"Do you equate "disappearing in the 4th qtr" of a game with "having no points"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I get the sense that they don't want to build around Rondo not because of his abilities/play but more because of his personality and lack of leadership abilities.
    As for anti-clutch, maybe he is, but others on this team and on future teams should be able to compensate for that. Triple-double are triple-doubles; it doesn't matter much in which quarter you put up the stats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : Vince Carter also has a lot of highlights on youtube also. But is VC an elite player? Rondo is a great player, a flashy player, but he's not a superstar like Rose or CP3.  You're really in denial, Jamez. Doc and Ainge don't want to build around Rondo. I'm just the messenger.
    Posted by Fiercest34

you keep coming up with excuses, now we should trade him bc he isnt as good as rose or cp3, the top two pg in the game. wow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : Vince Carter also has a lot of highlights on youtube also. But is VC an elite player? Rondo is a great player, a flashy player, but he's not a superstar like Rose or CP3.  You're really in denial, Jamez. Doc and Ainge don't want to build around Rondo. I'm just the messenger.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce, please show me highlights of Vince Carter's great games in the playoffs. please show me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Fierce, I asked if you would answer my question and you simply dismissed it.  I would never do that to you.  So, I'll ask again. "Do you equate "disappearing in the 4th qtr" of a game with "having no points"?
    Posted by Petey62

if it will hurt his argument or analysis, he often wont answer unless you ask him 2-3 times. just like ill be waiting for awhile to show me some memorable playoff performances that vince carter has had.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Posted by Fiercest34

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : Yes! If you can't score or will not score then that means the team is playing 4 vs. 5 on offense.  Rondo does not need to score a lot of points in the 4th qtr. He just needs to make the defense honest by scoring 6 points, more or less. ZERO totally does not get it done!
    Posted by Fiercest34

you want him to average 6 points in the 4th quarter???

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I am starting to think the ideal situation for the C's maybe trading Rondo and Pierce. Curry\Wright\Brown for Rondo or Rondo for Williams. Pierce for Gasol. Get Beasley and maybe Odom. The team might have enough to be interesting in the playoffs and have even more flexibility in the offseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : VC is not an elite player. So is Rondo. But VC's career playoff average is 23.3 points per game.  Rondo's career playoff average is just 13.8 ppg and 8.5 apg. Not really All-Star material.
    Posted by Fiercest34

im still waiting on you to show me some memorable playoff performances by VInce Carter. cant do it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im okay with trading Rondo as long as we get better by doing it. trading him just to trade him is just plain stupid and ignorant.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: They Don't Want to Build Around Him : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXkaNte9lF4
    Posted by Fiercest34

ahhh..so a .17 second clip of ONE game? lol..oh ok.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

im okay with trading Rondo as long as we get better by doing it. trading him just to trade him is just plain stupid and ignorant.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Agree. Thats why I'm puzzled by the celtics efforts to trde him with Curry. I mean Curry, come on....And GSW reportedly backed off? If true this says to me that our mercurial PG is hiiiigh maintenance and has a bad rep in the league.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

To PHO - 2 #1 picks, Jameer Nelson and JON
    To ORL - Rondo - give PHO #1 pick
    To Bos - Nash and Gortat - give PHO #1 pick

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts