They never, ever lose or get outplayed........................................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

They never, ever lose or get outplayed........................................

Phil Jackson on why the lakers lost in Utah last night:

The 24-second clock operator," Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson said when asked why his team collapsed.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70283/20101127/jackson_upset_with_faulty_shot_clock/#ixzz16XJ657jk

Yes, Phil, I'm sure that's the reason Utah scored the last 11 points in the game, and koME bricked his last  5 shots.  Unbelievable!!

Thank God Doc tells it like it is...........................mostly..:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: They never, ever lose or get outplayed........................................

More from (NOT) the Greatest Coach of All-Time:

On Deron Williams, who torched the lakers last night:

Jackson also had a little shot at Jazz star point guard Deron Williams, saying: “He’s tough and he gets away with a lot of stuff out there. He did some things tonight that were very unusual.” Orange County Register

Do they ever lose??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: They never, ever lose or get outplayed........................................

jackson has been so blasted on pot his whole life that he doesn't know reality any more.  he actually thinks he is of the basketball noblesse.  the recent cheap shots on van grumpy are case in point of jackson's narcissism. 

i can hardly stand the thought of the zen quack being mentioned in the same sentence as red auerbach, a true legend who didn't use tex winters to make himself a basketball system, he did it all himself, including finding the personnel and making the trades, building something out of nothing.

these are all things that the zen dope has never done.  and the whole zen baloney when contrasted to his greg kite-esque jack the ripper playing style is hilarious.  an all around quagmire.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

He's obviously playing it cool for the media and the fans...

They LOST that game, and so they will lose many more as the season goes.

It will be a real pleasure if they don't make to the finals because of Spurs, NO or UTAH.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Here come the Faker trolls

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Back in the early 70's for those who don't know or remember Phil was a talentless player Knick bench player known for elbows and dirty play.  He was bailed out by great players like Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Bill Bradley, Earl Monroe, and Dave Deb----- and won rings there doing very little.   He has piggybacked even more so as a coach.  Because without some of the greatest basketball personnel this guy would have never even won one championship.  Smart and opportunistic he admittedly is though.  Delusional as wellalso in his criticism of opposing teams, what has always bothered me is that a frontrunner like him actually compares his accomplishments to Red Auerbach.  Who as they say did it all from scratch, a true genius.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yep, Phil was on the floor for one reason alone: To be a bruiser.  And he got away with a lot of dirty play in his time, so he should know better what he's talking about.  Trying to throw Williams to the media like that is just more of the same play in a different venue.  If he can't be on the court to try to hurt someone physically, he'll do it in the postgame interviews.  That's been his MO since he was coaching the Bulls.

And he has absolutely nothing to do with the success of the Lakers.  They didn't need a coach, they needed a ringleader and a promo man.  That's what they got, a man who really doesn't care whom he throws under a bus, but who would be ringless without being gifted talented teams. 

There's a lot of talented NBA coaches, but if people want to see a coach who has taken middle-level talent and produced, it's Jerry Sloan in Utah.  In the wake of Malone and Stockton, he continues to produce winning, playoff caliber teams without bashing other coaches or teams.  And for the past couple seasons he's had Deron Williams, maybe the best PG in the game.  And instead of praising his play, Jackson has to try to knock Williams down a peg or two.  That's part of what makes Phil truly classless.

Everything Jackson has ever accomplished, including his "book", is the result of other people's hard work. In this game, men generally rise to greatness.  Jackson continually has greatness thrust upon him.   I'd love to see what he would do coaching a team of nobodys.  He'd never take the challenge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Soups,
    And he would tell you he would never take the challenge.  Saying it would not be the right situation. They are not ready yet he would say.  Phil is very much a product of his time. Where people don't examine why a person has achieved a lot only that they have achieved it.  He is a frontrunner and proud of it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Aciemvp , guess you have a fan...http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/rnr/2084076835.html

hopefully it will  p.o. many Laker fans

hilarious

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from campari. Show campari's posts

soups,

great post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If FC Barcelona can do it, so can the Pacers.

HAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: They never, ever lose or get outplayed........................................:
    [QUOTE]Yep, Phil was on the floor for one reason alone: To be a bruiser.  And he got away with a lot of dirty play in his time, so he should know better what he's talking about.  Trying to throw Williams to the media like that is just more of the same play in a different venue.  If he can't be on the court to try to hurt someone physically, he'll do it in the postgame interviews.  That's been his MO since he was coaching the Bulls. And he has absolutely nothing to do with the success of the Lakers.  They didn't need a coach, they needed a ringleader and a promo man.  That's what they got, a man who really doesn't care whom he throws under a bus, but who would be ringless without being gifted talented teams.  There's a lot of talented NBA coaches, but if people want to see a coach who has taken middle-level talent and produced, it's Jerry Sloan in Utah.  In the wake of Malone and Stockton, he continues to produce winning, playoff caliber teams without bashing other coaches or teams.  And for the past couple seasons he's had Deron Williams, maybe the best PG in the game.  And instead of praising his play, Jackson has to try to knock Williams down a peg or two.  That's part of what makes Phil truly classless. Everything Jackson has ever accomplished, including his "book", is the result of other people's hard work. In this game, men generally rise to greatness.  Jackson continually has greatness thrust upon him.   I'd love to see what he would do coaching a team of nobodys.  He'd never take the challenge.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Remember how he went to the media on Kevin Durant last year.  complained about Leon Powe in the playoffs.  I think maybe he did the same with Dwight Howard.  Really not sure of any noteworth team that he hasn't blasted their players at some point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: They never, ever lose or get outplayed........................................:
    [QUOTE]jackson has been so blasted on pot his whole life that he doesn't know reality any more.  he actually thinks he is of the basketball noblesse.  the recent cheap shots on van grumpy are case in point of jackson's narcissism.  i can hardly stand the thought of the zen quack being mentioned in the same sentence as red auerbach, a true legend who didn't use tex winters to make himself a basketball system, he did it all himself, including finding the personnel and making the trades, building something out of nothing. these are all things that the zen dope has never done.  and the whole zen baloney when contrasted to his greg kite-esque jack the ripper playing style is hilarious.  an all around quagmire.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Auerbach and Jackson? I'd say that they're about equal as far as coaching goes. Auerbach does have it over Jackson when it comes to administration of a team though. But this is simply because Jackson has never been a GM.

I'd almost say that any reasonable coach may well have led that 60's era Celtics team to multiple championships. Not saying they didn't need coaching. Just saying they had the best Basketball player of all time, surrounded by other great players who didn't need to have the greatest coach in the world telling them what to do.

We all know that when Auerbach retired he handed the coaching job to Russell who won two championships. This is a ROOKIE coach who wins two titles. You could argue that Cousey, Sharman or Easy Ed could have coached that team to two titles. They were just that good, I don't think the coaching really played a big role in a team with Bill Russell.

Auerbach though was the perfect administrator.

Jackson did inherit a Bulls team that hadn't won a thing. Yes he had Jordan and a young Pippen. But it did take a while until they won a championship. They were not a championship calibre team when he took control. They did have to beat a very good Detroit side to get out of the East. The Bulls also didn't have the same talent level as the 60's Celtics. Jordan didn't automatically win NBA titles, didn't come into the league like Russell did. It really did take time for him.
    Jackson helped make that team what it was. So I think that's a fine job.

Not saying that Red didn't so the same. But really, Red possessed the Atomic Bomb in Russell, while all the other teams had hand grenades. Wasn't a fair contest, but that's life. The Celtics and Red were blessed enough to have had Russell. He built that legacy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, Phil was on the floor for one reason alone: To be a bruiser.  And he got away with a lot of dirty play in his time, so he should know better what he's talking about.  Trying to throw Williams to the media like that is just more of the same play in a different venue.  If he can't be on the court to try to hurt someone physically, he'll do it in the postgame interviews.  That's been his MO since he was coaching the Bulls. And he has absolutely nothing to do with the success of the Lakers.  They didn't need a coach, they needed a ringleader and a promo man.  That's what they got, a man who really doesn't care whom he throws under a bus, but who would be ringless without being gifted talented teams.  There's a lot of talented NBA coaches, but if people want to see a coach who has taken middle-level talent and produced, it's Jerry Sloan in Utah.  In the wake of Malone and Stockton, he continues to produce winning, playoff caliber teams without bashing other coaches or teams.  And for the past couple seasons he's had Deron Williams, maybe the best PG in the game.  And instead of praising his play, Jackson has to try to knock Williams down a peg or two.  That's part of what makes Phil truly classless. Everything Jackson has ever accomplished, including his "book", is the result of other people's hard work. In this game, men generally rise to greatness.  Jackson continually has greatness thrust upon him.   I'd love to see what he would do coaching a team of nobodys.  He'd never take the challenge.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Jerry Sloan is the best. Shame he hasn't won a championship but he's accomplished miracles in Utah. Certainly deserved his place in the Hall of Fame.

Also a fan of Gregg Popavich.

Said it before I think Jackson's legacy was built upon his Chicago days. He's a different sort of guy now, I think success has changed him. It would to everybody in some ways, be it minor or huge.

He's cool, but I think the whole enigma sort thing that surrounds him is mostly of his own creation and I can't say if it's a good or bad thing.

The Lakers hadn't won a thing until Jackson arrived, probably a case of his reputation and the fact it was right place at the right time for himself and the players. Essential ingredient in success.

However I think Phil spoke some home truths in regards to Bryant after the 2004 season. He had money thrown at him to return and in truth I can understand why he returned. However I do believe he doesn't have a lot of time for Bryant and a lot of what he wrote and said in regards to Bryant still stands.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

They LOST to the Pacers, right?  I mean, the Pacers got every loose ball and wanted it more, right?

Not so fast!!  Here's some mutual "respect" from Phil and Ron (Not the Everly Bros, that was Phil and Don!!):

Jackson Questions Artest's Decision-Making

Here's Ron Ron:
    "When I saw Kobe I was going to give it to him. I asked [Jackson], 'Could everybody else on the court call the timeout since I have the ball, can somebody else call the timeout?' He said, 'Yes,' so he forgot to address it with everybody, so it's OK."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70300/20101129/jackson_questions_artests_decision_making/#ixzz16gS096gC

WOW - seems Ron Ron doesn't know the rules, and threw his coach under the bus.  I seem to recall a similar incident with Trevor Ariza.  Why doesn't Phil just COACH them?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They never, ever lose or get outplayed........................................ : Jerry Sloan is the best. Shame he hasn't won a championship but he's accomplished miracles in Utah. Certainly deserved his place in the Hall of Fame. Also a fan of Gregg Popavich. Said it before I think Jackson's legacy was built upon his Chicago days. He's a different sort of guy now, I think success has changed him. It would to everybody in some ways, be it minor or huge. He's cool, but I think the whole enigma sort thing that surrounds him is mostly of his own creation and I can't say if it's a good or bad thing. The Lakers hadn't won a thing until Jackson arrived, probably a case of his reputation and the fact it was right place at the right time for himself and the players. Essential ingredient in success. However I think Phil spoke some home truths in regards to Bryant after the 2004 season. He had money thrown at him to return and in truth I can understand why he returned. However I do believe he doesn't have a lot of time for Bryant and a lot of what he wrote and said in regards to Bryant still stands.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Great thoughts, Worthy.  Nice post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

How often is it when someone in any sport says they were outplayed or lost to a better team? So many excuses given from athletes. Boil it down, you either win or lose. How do you lose? The other team played better.

Don't know where this comes from. Is it because kids don't lose these days? Everybody in primary school get's a prize/certificate/doll? Certainly it's a mental sort of thing.

Sure nobody likes to lose but it's a part of life. Something athletes have trouble accepting. Unless you play for the Clippers, or Washington Generals. But aren't they one and the same?

Sections
Shortcuts