THEY TRADED PERKINS FOR JEFF GREEN AND KRISTICH (however you spell)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: THEY TRADED PERKINS FOR JEFF GREEN AND KRISTICH (however you spell)

Perk could have left after this year and we end up with nothing. What a deal by Ainge, i take back everything bad i ever said about him!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

It's all about matching up against the Heat and Bulls!  They don't have scoring centers anyhow.  Green can take Lebron or Artest any day.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

Mixed emotions for me.  I'll miss The Scowl but I do like Green.  I was watching the Knicks last night and was thinking I couldn't be TOO worried about a team whose starting center is Rony Teriof (SP?).  Now I'm guessing other teams might be saying the same thing about the Celtics -- only substitute Krstic for Teriof.  ('Course, I don't know what the plan is for starting center.)  Oh well, all in all maybe not a bad move.  I hope this doesn't upset team chemistry. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown2. Show chitown2's posts

Good trade and if you look at it like this we traded our 5th draft pick jeff green for ray allen and glen davis then get him back 3 years later priceless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I guess Dudder/Run can stop with all the DA doesn't like Euros crap he spews on BDC!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

So does this mean we can stop talking about " IF PERK wasn't Hurt in the final game last year" Talk???  Or is it going to be another excuse for Doc saying that Lakers have never beaten the Celts with their starting line up again??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

This is a tough one. You trade away your starting center and lone backup pg. I say "lone" because I am not sure about West and his wrist injury. Who is going to play center? Shaq is injury/foul prone. I like Erden but he is a rookie and is injury prone. JO is a walking corpse. I have never been a fan of Nate Robinson but he was all we had. I like Green but he is just a very good backup. It's a tough one because there was no guarantee that Perkins would stick around after the season. This may turn out to be a good thing as Boston is now free to pursue D Howard more aggressively next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chuck02118. Show Chuck02118's posts

I guess you all didnt also notice we traded Semi and Gody........ We are very weak after the big 4 now. No bench. Two players does not make your bench good. An Green has been hurt on and off all season. Get a clue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

I knew Danny wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. But this is amazing. How can somebody with no apparent mental issues do something this unbelievably stupid??!! 

They just gave away the one major advantage they have over the Heat. Remember the Heat, Danny? I know, it's a long season. But try to pay attention. They are the biggest threat to the Celtics getting out of the East.
    The guy that owned Dwight Howard, one of the best defensive centers in league is now gone. For no apparent reason.  

I mean seriously, I'm mystified. Let me see if I have this straight: We have no real backup at SF. I don't think this has been an issue for anybody except for (I guess) Danny. They've been just fine ove the last couple of years. It was the refs and Perkins' abscence that led to our downfall in the Finals last year. And the year before that we did pretty well too. Lack of a backup small forward has benn, and would have continued to be, a non issue. However giving away a guy who creates matchup problems for you main rivals is likely to have a major impact. It's senseless. It's like he woke up this morning with the sole intention of handicapping the Celtics' playoff chances.

The only thing that would make any sense is that they know Perk is more injured than they are telling us and he doesn't expect him to help them this year anyway. What about next year? Is he planning on blowing the team up after this year?

I am disgusted right now. More proof that Danny is far more lucky than good.

Meanwhile, Nate Robinson is still here. He hasn't hit a jumpshot and we have no real backup pointguard. I guess Danny couldn't find anybody to matchup with KGs salary.

Rick Pitino would be proud of this clown. It's times like this, I start to think maybe we should stop letting people who don't even have a college degree run  multuimillion dollar franchises. Just because you can play, doesn't mean you have any business running the team. It's asinine. You wouldn't see this in any other business.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I think that Ainge will pick up Troy Murphy to play 4/5. I don't believe that he would trade Perk without having a backup plan...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: THEY TRADED PERKINS FOR JEFF GREEN AND KRISTICH (however you spell):
    [QUOTE]I think that Ainge will pick up Troy Murphy to play 4/5. I don't believe that he would trade Perk without having a backup plan...
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

He has to have something in the plans.  I hope.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

This may turn out to be a good thing as Boston is now free to pursue D Howard more aggressively next year.

DH is reportedly about to purchase a house in L.A with the help of Kobe. After his latest rants when the Magic lost to the Kings, the path is being laid for a new Superman at Staples.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Think Murphy or Sheed must be in the plans.

Ainge is somewhat of a gunslinger but not reckless.  He would not trade Perk without having a back-up plan for he back-up centre.

I like Jeff Green by the way, always have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Well, others have pointed out that the Celveland trade looked like a Salary dump. I hope so, and I hope their is a big to be had, because this shakes everyhting up. We now have a very short time to get these guys acclamated. I sure hope Shaq gets and stays healthy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nobody is mentioning we got the Clippers draft pick in 2012 as well for Semih and Harangody.  I think Danny Ainge and Doc know what they are doing.  18 is still very much on their mind.  Jeff Green is way better than what we had, way better think about it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

OK, now that the shock has worn off...not really...

Trading Perk is a tough blow. DA is basically gambling on Shaq and eventually JO being able to get the job done. I'm thinking Krstic is going to be non-factor on defense.

If the Harangody/Erden trade rumors are true (to CLE for a 2nd rounder), then they are even thinner up front. I don't like losing Erden. At all.

I like that we are getting Green. Provided they sign him to an extension, he's Pierce's heir apparent at the 3. A long term fix. I like that.

So let's hope there is more to this in the form of help, cause as it stands this moment this is a big loser for the C's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'm stunned by this trade.  I thought we needed a tweak and DA made it a thump.
    I hope Doc had some input in this and DA wasn't playing Shane.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

The good news in the Perk trade was that they needed to find a way to handle LeBron when PP sits. Also needed to find a way to guard Melo in same situation as NYK are rising. So good on both counts, plus finding PP's replacement at the 3 provided the sign him to a long term deal.

Losing Perk inside bothers me as Shaq is no longer a 30+ minute guy and JO is a long way from returning (and what do we get when he does return?). But Perk's offensive game was not improving and he was a liability with FTs. If they use JO to close out games, that issue is solved.

Hopefully there is more coming with Erden and Harangody leaving.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

not to bad for me.green is quick and you see how he play and perkins is slow now and he didn't play much since he got injured..i won't blame danny a.we need the banner 18...go go go celtics

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

your right....n Response to Re: THEY TRADED PERKINS FOR JEFF GREEN AND KRISTICH (however you spell):
    [QUOTE]Nobody is mentioning we got the Clippers draft pick in 2012 as well for Semih and Harangody.  I think Danny Ainge and Doc know what they are doing.  18 is still very much on their mind.  Jeff Green is way better than what we had, way better think about it. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjpat. Show jjpat's posts

Clippers 2012 1st pick

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: THEY TRADED PERKINS FOR JEFF GREEN AND KRISTICH (however you spell):
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure. Perk reinjured his knee. I said all along he played WAY too many minutes. I don't know how far we can go at this point. Mindboggling.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]HMMMMM.. how is playing too many minutes compute with banging your knee on another knee as you set a SCREEN?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This team just got gutted in weird ways.  JO is done.  Anyone who is still holding out some type of hope for some effective game from him is delusional.   I think he will suit up again, but seriously, his game left him about two months ago.  It's now up to Shaq, BB, and Kristic to carry this load.   JO will be used as a big man, to absorb fouls and to try to get some boards. 

This move is a major, major gamble.  The only guaranteed bright spot here is the Clipper's first round pick in 2012.  Here's hoping Kristic can deliver, because it really wasn't the offense we needed.  It was a strong, defensive big man, and he's not it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]I guess you all didnt also notice we traded Semi and Gody........ We are very weak after the big 4 now. No bench. Two players does not make your bench good. An Green has been hurt on and off all season. Get a clue.
    Posted by Chuck02118[/QUOTE]

Really? He has started all 49 games this season AND all 82 games LAST season, averaging over 35 minutes a game in both seasons. Yeah, sure sounds like he's been injured a lot...ummmm NO!?
    This is  reasonable trade for this year and a terrific trade for the future. Daniels, Harangody and Semi all gone, too, means clearing space to refill the roster next year. None of those three were going to contribute in the playoffs this year.