Thibbs and Franks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Thibbs and Franks

One is coaching the championship level Bulls and now Franks to Detroit...
    Does this reflect the respect that Doc garners through out the League??

Some posters say he is an idiot, who only knows how to draw clever plays after time outs..
    .By the way, where are the Slackers assistants coaches??
     Other than Rambis & Did phil the "greatest coach "   develop any head coaches???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Thibbs and Franks

In Response to Thibbs and Franks:
    One is coaching the championship level Bulls and now Franks to Detroit... Does this reflect the respect that Doc garners through out the League?? Some posters say he is an idiot, who only knows how to draw clever plays after time outs.. .By the way, where are the Slackers assistants coaches??  Other than Rambis & Did phil the "greatest coach "   develop any head coaches???
    Posted by Ortiz123
    I'M JUST CONCERNED ABOUT THE attritional consequence. reminds me of the pats. kept losing that intellectual capital and guys to challenge the great belichick. just hope doc doesnt start bringing in youngies with no rep or resume who will be yes-men and not stand up to him. this really hurts us. is brian shaw still looking for work?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Im pretty sure Rambis is....yikes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Phil Jackson was developing Brian Shaw. Unfortunately for Shaw, the first thing Jimmy Buss did, after becoming the man running the Lake show, was hire a buffoon to coach the Fakers.Laughing 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Boston Celtics Coaches

Regular SeasonPlayoffs  
      CoachYearsSeasonsWonLostPctWonLostPctTitles 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/johnrussell.php">John Russell46/47-47/4824266.38912.3330 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/alvinjulian.php">Alvin Julian48/49-49/5024781.36700.0000 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/redauerbach.php">Red Auerbach50/51-65/6616795397.6679058.6089 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/billrussell.php">Bill Russell66/67-68/69316283.6612818.6092 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/tomheinsohn.php">Tom Heinsohn69/70-77/789427263.6194733.5882 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/tomsanders.php">Tom Sanders77/78-78/7922339.37100.0000 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/davecowens.php">Dave Cowens78/7912741.39700.0000 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/billfitch.php">Bill Fitch79/80-82/83424286.7382619.5781 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/kcjones.php">KC Jones83/84-87/885308102.7516537.6372 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/jimmyrodgers.php">Jimmy Rodgers88/89-89/9029470.57326.2500 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/chrisford.php">Chris Ford90/91-94/955222188.5411316.4480 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/mlcarr.php">ML Carr95/96-96/97248116.29300.0000 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/rickpitino.php">Rick Pitino97/98-00/014102146.41100.0000 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/jimobrien.php">Jim O'Brien00/01-03/044139119.5391313.5000 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/johncarroll.php">John Carroll03/0411422.38904.0000 
      www.celticstats.com/coach/docrivers.php">Doc Rivers04/05-present7336238.5854634.5751 
      Totals46-47-present653,0282,057.595331240.58017 
    One thing for sure, he's better than the Great Pitino...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

sorry for the bad copy..here's the linkhttp://www.celticstats.com/coach/index.php

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Thibbs and Franks:
    One is coaching the championship level Bulls and now Franks to Detroit... Does this reflect the respect that Doc garners through out the League?? Some posters say he is an idiot, who only knows how to draw clever plays after time outs.. .By the way, where are the Slackers assistants coaches??  Other than Rambis & Did phil the "greatest coach "   develop any head coaches???
    Posted by Ortiz123

Franks had already been a head coach with New Jersey so i do not think Doc Rivers developed him

Jim Cleamons was head coach of the Mavericks for awhile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"this really hurts us"

I don't agree. How can we know how it hurts us until we know who the replacement is? 

Our defense last year, which Frank was responsible for, was not all that incredible or intimidating. Of course Ainge trading Perk was the main reason for that but still, Frank was not Thibs either. 

Let's see who Doc replaces Frank with and how he does before we get too worked up about his leaving. This really has nothing to do with Belichick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

It's not like we had a choice.  You can't keep an assistant from moving to a head coaching position.  Will be interesting to see who he taps next.  One mark of a good coach nowadays is he can draw good assistants -- even former/future head coaches in waiting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Thibbs and Franks:
    Phil Jackson was developing Brian Shaw. Unfortunately for Shaw, the first thing Jimmy Buss did, after becoming the man running the Lake show, was hire a buffoon to coach the Fakers.  
    Posted by 21st

This.

And Lakers fans should be just as miffed as Shaw must be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

" this really hurts us" I don't agree. How can we know how it hurts us until we know who the replacement is?  Our defense last year, which Frank was responsible for, was not all that incredible or intimidating. Of course Ainge trading Perk was the main reason for that but still, Frank was not Thibs either.  Let's see who Doc replaces Frank with and how he does before we get too worked up about his leaving. This really has nothing to do with Belichick.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker
    spankingit, just losing a compatible vet like frank hurts continuity and the trust factor. u hopefually can have a seamless transition but its not a given. thats what i mean my attritional consequence. there were no odds of bmbing with frank back, there is with this new guy. its the unknown, the uncertainty. vlearly for him to be in that much demand for interviews everywhere, others who know more than me or you have to value what he brought to us! i agree, lets see.. but i would prefer not to see this turnover so quickly in the future. doc does the offense, he leaves the thibbs and franks alone. thats the one area i would worry about. have you noticed that none of our offensive coaches are in demand? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm glad Franks is gone. I don't think he added much. It will be interesting to see who Doc brings in as a coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It's not like we had a choice.  You can't keep an assistant from moving to a head coaching position.  Will be interesting to see who he taps next.  One mark of a good coach nowadays is he can draw good assistants -- even former/future head coaches in waiting.
    Posted by Number6Fan

The benefits are attracting good assistant coaches, and good players...it will be interesting to see the contrast between the Slackers and Celtics as they head into a recession of sorts in the next 2 three years. How well they fare depends a lot on the strength of management and coaching. I believe that is where the Celtics will separated themselves..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

They had to know Frank was a short term hire. He is a detailed oriented coach and very good. Kevin Eastman is still on the bench and he is the best skill oriented coach in the NBA. He is perfect for Jeff Green, Rondo and hopefully a young big man soon!

Sections
Shortcuts