Things for Tonights game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Things for Tonights game

I don't like to second guess Doc a lot because he is NOT a idiot and probably has forgotten more than most here will ever know.  A couple things and maybe Doc has reasons for this is:

1.  Why not have PP post Felton up down in the low post?   Having Paul try to beat Felton off the dribble is ridiculous.  Now put him down low and feed him the ball and I think PP gets a lot of easier shots,  possibly get Felton in foul trouble, and probably forces help from Chandler that gets KG open looks from the free throw line.  My problem with this is we haven't done it ONE time that I remember.

2.  NY is not a fast break team. Pound the offensive glass unless they start beating us down the court which I don't think would happen.  I hate every time we miss a shot and there are 4 Knicks getting a rebound and not one Celtic in the Picture.

Just some food for thought.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Things for Tonights game

make NY miss shots.........sounds simple enough

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I don't like to second guess Doc a lot because he is NOT a idiot and probably has forgotten more than most here will ever know.  A couple things and maybe Doc has reasons for this is:

1.  Why not have PP post Felton up down in the low post?   Having Paul try to beat Felton off the dribble is ridiculous.  Now put him down low and feed him the ball and I think PP gets a lot of easier shots,  possibly get Felton in foul trouble, and probably forces help from Chandler that gets KG open looks from the free throw line.  My problem with this is we haven't done it ONE time that I remember.

2.  NY is not a fast break team. Pound the offensive glass unless they start beating us down the court which I don't think would happen.  I hate every time we miss a shot and there are 4 Knicks getting a rebound and not one Celtic in the Picture.

Just some food for thought.

You're not going to like doc's reasons at all.

My hunch is that he hasn't thought of it yet... but hopefully he studies BDC On The Front Burner for coaching clues. So just in case...

"Earth to doc..... HELLOOOOOO DOC!!! Good Luck tonight fella!

Think offensive boards! Pound the glass.

Have CPP post Felton up down low, Down and dirty! OK?

Play Shav and TWill some, ya dig?

AB cant dribble so don't ask him to... ever.

Tell Craw to S.TFU about Honey Nut cereals and play like there's no tomorrow.

You da ba-bomb!" 

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whats all this reverence for Doc RIvers?

I know lawyers and doctors that have gone through years and years of formalized training and internship to become professionals and there are those I know I cannot trust  or incompetent to varying degrees.

Then theres Doc Rivers...  no formal training Im aware of, not even worked his way up through hs, college etc.. has about a 13 year  career 50%+ winning percentage... Yet, some take offense to dare question this guy.

Becasue hes an nba coach, he has the market on ideas and strategy. Guess what, he doesnt.. in fact most of the good moves during his career with the C's have been pulled off by DA in 2007... and by injury forcing him to play guys like BBD.

Yea, Doc seems like a nice guy and players around the league like him... that makes him a great coach beyond question

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

1. Agree that Pierce should post Felton or Kidd whenever he has one of them on him. Hope this happens tonight.

2. Silly to think we will change 5 years worth of our offensive rebounding/get back on defense philosophy at this point.

I'll add that tonight we will have to again shoot better from 3 than NY and Bradley will have to give us something... like excellent disruptive D and a couple corner 3's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Not sure about that posting up Kidd thing. While Kidd is slow as a snail, he is still a good post defender due to his craftiness and quick hands. He even defended Durant and Lebron in 2011 1-1 for stretches. I would rather try to attack him on the dribble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Rebound, rebound, reboud. Jeff, no cheating on defense trying to get in position for the fast break. We need to run, and exploit the fast break, but that is negated if the Knicks are able to get offensive rebounds because the guys on the perimeter aren't making sure we have the rebound before they leak down the court.

T. Williams needs to focus on ONE stat: ZERO TURNOVERS. If he can do that for us and play at least 20 minutes, we can win this game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

They need to be more careful with the ball when Ole Flattop gets near them.  How many times has Peirce been stripped?

At least Terri has stopped throwing that ugly Moonball pass that as horritable.

Make them shoot from the outside and rebound on D.

If possible, rest Peirce in the 3rd quarter he had no legs left at the end of game 5.

Get to JR early and furstrate him make him do something stupid and maybe he'll sit out game 7!

Oh and Go Celtic!!!

Sections
Shortcuts