THIRD INACTIVE: MURPH, PAV OR ARROYO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

THIRD INACTIVE: MURPH, PAV OR ARROYO?

found it interesting that doc had wafer on the inactive list tonite. that speaks volumes. assuming he plans on pinning wafe and avery there for most of the playoffs, who will most likely be the third guy once shaq gets back on thursday (or friday)?

i was leaning towards murph with wafer making the active roster but now that doc has made the decision i am going to assume they want to find a rhythm for him just in case they need a nate-type of game at some point in the playoffs. PLUS he plays 3 positions. with center, you nevber know when one of our 3  pure centers will pull or tweak something. with pav, he is the tony allen of this team. you never know when a wade or lebron is being unstoppable. to change things up, may want to put a glue guy like pav on him to change the tempo and spread the floor abit for he can hit the three.

the one area where we have a clear rotation and enough guys to cover in a pinch is pg. its rondo/west then you could throw pp, allen or even green out there in a specific game situation or emergency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: THIRD INACTIVE: MURPH, PAV OR ARROYO?

In Response to THIRD INACTIVE: MURPH, PAV OR ARROYO?:
    [QUOTE]found it interesting that doc had wafer on the inactive list tonite. that speaks volumes. assuming he plans on pinning wafe and avery there for most of the playoffs, who will most likely be the third guy once shaq gets back on thursday (or friday)? i was leaning towards murph with wafer making the active roster but now that doc has made the decision i am going to assume they want to find a rhythm for him just in case they need a nate-type of game at some point in the playoffs. PLUS he plays 3 positions. with center, you nevber know when one of our 3  pure centers will pull or tweak something. with pav, he is the tony allen of this team. you never know when a wade or lebron is being unstoppable. to change things up, may want to put a glue guy like pav on him to change the tempo and spread the floor abit for he can hit the three. the one area where we have a clear rotation and enough guys to cover in a pinch is pg. its rondo/west then you could throw pp or allen out there in a specific game situation or emergency.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn`t jump to that conclusion.Could be that Wafer was sore .Could be that he wanted to see if Murphy could go.Bradley`s a given. I don`t expect Arroyo to make the roster. I agree that Pavlovich probably gets carried as a defensive stopper. I think Murphy and Wafer are on the bubble. Do you know if changes can be made from series to series?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: THIRD INACTIVE: MURPH, PAV OR ARROYO?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to THIRD INACTIVE: MURPH, PAV OR ARROYO? : I wouldn`t jump to that conclusion.Could be that Wafer was sore .Could be that he wanted to see if Murphy could go.Bradley`s a given. I don`t expect Arroyo to make the roster. I agree that Pavlovich probably gets carried as a defensive stopper. I think Murphy and Wafer are on the bubble. Do you know if changes can be made from series to series?
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]this isnt baseball! changes can be made from GAME to GAME even in the playoffs, not just series to series. but you want some level of continuity. perhaps against the lakes he may want more length with murph. with a smaller team, may want wafer. i just dont see where wafe fits in anymor. delonte will get all the minutes at the 2 or the 1. there will never be a situation where both ray/pp and rr are on the bench in the heart of the playoffs. if we do, pav can go to the 2.

overall, no need for wafe barring injury. so yep, will likely be wafe-arroyo-bradley. murph is more versatile for us. in case of urgency, can play him at the 3-4-5.  we have 4 guys who could play the 2 in case of an urgency (west-ray-pp-green)....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think it will be Bradley, Arroyo (unless DWest gets hurt) and Pav.  I say this for a number of reasons:
    1.  Murphy is 6'11" and has never played in a playoff game in his life.  It is why he was brought here, and I think there will be a game where he can help us.

2.  I suppose you could add Krstic to the list (if we have both O'Neals), or they could rotate O'Neals in the first round.  But, Krstic can help us, so I think he's active.

3.  Defense has not been the problem, it's been offense.  I personally am SHOCKED at the lack of offense Pav has provided.  Harangody has better numbers!!  Wafer may be a one-dimensional player, but that one dimension is what we need.

Do the 11th and 12th players really matter?  Doc rarely goes 10 in the playoffs.
    RR, RA, PP, KG, Shaq, BBD, West, Green and JON/Krstic (I like him and think he's earned mins).   Then we have Murph and Wafer............just my opinion!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

hedley,
    I think Wafer has shown he can play good defense.  He is a great athlete and as you say provides a real offensive spark.  Wafer has proven he is worth keeping on the roster. He goes to the basket as well as anyone on the bench.  We know he can hit threes.  I believe Wafer will probably be on another team next year and be very successful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: THIRD INACTIVE: MURPH, PAV OR ARROYO?:
    [QUOTE]hedley, I think Wafer has shown he can play good defense.  He is a great athlete and as you say provides a real offensive spark.  Wafer has proven he is worth keeping on the roster. He goes to the basket as well as anyone on the bench.  We know he can hit threes.  I believe Wafer will probably be on another team next year and be very successful.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He may have to play overseas, because I don't think ANYONE will be playing in the NBA next year - this will be U-G-L-Y!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I think if we stay healthy (*knock* *knock*) that the three inactives will be:

1) Bradley
    2) Arroyo
    3) Murphy

Murphy is expendable with JO, Shaq, KG, Green, Baby and Krstic eating up the 4 & 5 minutes.

Wafer makes the cut because they need a fourth guard and he has the height (6-5) to defend the post better than Arroyo (6-2). And with West getting all of the back-up PG minutes, Arroyo's ball handling is not needed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If we were playing miami, I'd say keep pavlovich in case we need some fouls/minutes against wade or lebron.

If we were playing bradley we might activate bradley so he can defend rose in certain situations.

The point being, doc likes to tweak his lineups to match up with the opponent.  Also it might be affected by who he wants to rest.  If he wants to rest paul, keep pav.  If he wants to rest rondo, keep carlos.

Personally, I think wafer earned his spot this year, but it's to his misfortune that his injury was timed terribly, and doc may feel he doesn't have time to assess vaugn's role and ability in time for the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

as it stands now, my active 12 would not include bradley, pavlovich or murph. that changes with injuries to any of the Cs. who were those on here who were so hot about our signing murph? the guy has shown us nothing IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I admit I liked the signing of Murph. It appears I was wrong. I think keeping Arroyo would be beneficial since he seems to be able to control things with a level head. Bradley might have the talent and athletic ability but he is sooo inconsistant at this point. Flip a coin between Murph and Pav.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I'm guessing Arroyo, Bradley and Pav. 

I seriously doubt it is Murphy, who is 6'11''  as hedley pointed out, and can shoot with 3 point range. No other big we have can do that. Also, Murphy is a terrific rebounder which could be important. 

Doc can change linueups game to game,  so depending on the matchups we could see varaitations on the final spots.  

Sections
Shortcuts