This All Started When Posey was Let Go

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Re: This All Started When Posey was Let Go

AMEN! Letting Posey walk was the ruination of the potential mini dynasty! Blame Moron Cheap Danny!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

It all started,when Garnett went down in Utah. They made the right decision,because they couldn't win without Garnett.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

In Response to Re: This All Started When Posey was Let Go:
    In Response to Re: This All Started When Posey was Let Go : Actually it was the owners who told Danny not to overpay Posey. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

OK Let Wyc share in the blame!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think you're right in a sense. Every year Ainge has gravitated away from defense and more with offense. I'm okay with it but Doc is still a defensive minded coach and appreciates defensive players more than offensive players but I don't believe Ainge does.

Lose Posey
    Lose PJ Brown
    Pick up Marbury
    Pick up Nate Rob
    Lose TA
    Lose Perk
    Lose Thibs
    Pick up Shaq
    Pick up JON
    Pick up Green
    Pick up Krstic
    Pick up Murphy

It's been a slow process but we need the guys that have carried the team to carry the team because they're still here.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Winning me  losing you duh!

The Celtics lost in 09,because Garnett went down.  Posey wouldn't have made a difference and the Celtics won 62 games in 09.
    It all started,when Garnett got hurt.
    Posey not being resigned wasn't a big deal.
    They were going to repeat ,until Kevin got hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I think you're right in a sense. Every year Ainge has gravitated away from defense and more with offense. I'm okay with it but Doc is still a defensive minded coach and appreciates defensive players more than offensive players but I don't believe Ainge does. Lose Posey Lose PJ Brown Pick up Marbury Pick up Nate Rob Lose TA Lose Perk Lose Thibs Pick up Shaq Pick up JON Pick up Green Pick up Krstic Pick up Murphy It's been a slow process but we need the guys that have carried the team to carry the team because they're still here.
    Posted by BiasLewis

The Heat have 3 all-stars, the Cs have 4.  Before the Heat series started I seem to recall reading that the Heat are 3 guys and a bunch no names and that the Cs bench is much better.

What we have seen instead is that the Heat bench is playing better than the Cs and that the Cs all-stars have been completely outplayed.

Lose this pick up that blah blah blah...... 4 all-stars.......

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: This All Started When Posey was Let Go : Without Posey and a reliable bench in 2009 Doc had to play the Big 3 a lot of minutes in the regular season. It led to KG blowing out his knee in mid-season. The point is if Posey didn't leave in 2009 the Celtics would most likely have went back to the Finals. And in 2010 the Celtics really needed another another wing player that could shoot from 3pt land and play defense. Right now James Posey is washed-up. But he could have made a difference in 2009 and 2010.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Doc wasn't overplaying Garnett.   He had Baby and Leon Powe backing him up . It was their deepest position in 09!
    Your point would be valid .if Ray or Paul got hurt,but Garnett had plenty of backups.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I think you're right in a sense. Every year Ainge has gravitated away from defense and more with offense. I'm okay with it but Doc is still a defensive minded coach and appreciates defensive players more than offensive players but I don't believe Ainge does. Lose Posey Lose PJ Brown Pick up Marbury Pick up Nate Rob Lose TA Lose Perk Lose Thibs Pick up Shaq Pick up JON Pick up Green Pick up Krstic Pick up Murphy It's been a slow process but we need the guys that have carried the team to carry the team because they're still here.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Very good point about the defense.  I really hadn't looked at it that way.  We are definitely a weaker defensive team than we were a couple of years ago. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posey couldn't even get minutes in Indiana.  He is done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: This All Started When Posey was Let Go : Without Posey and a reliable bench in 2009 Doc had to play the Big 3 a lot of minutes in the regular season. It led to KG blowing out his knee in mid-season. The point is if Posey didn't leave in 2009 the Celtics would most likely have went back to the Finals. And in 2010 the Celtics really needed another another wing player that could shoot from 3pt land and play defense. Right now James Posey is washed-up. But he could have made a difference in 2009 and 2010.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Excellent post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to This All Started When Posey was Let Go:
    The Celtics refused to overpay James Posey in 2008. By letting Posey go the Celtics lost a backup PF/SF/SG. In 2009 the Big 3 had to play a lot of minutes because the players off the bench at that time was not getting it done. The heavy minutes resulted in KG blowing out his knee and missing the entire playoffs.  If the Lakers didn't overpay Lamar Odom in 2009 I doubt the Lakers would have won another championship in 2010. The Celtics had a 3-year window after acquiring KG and Ray in 2007. In year 1 the Celtics already accomplished the mission. It's just unfortunate that the owners had to ruin it by thinking about money instead of another championship.  
    Posted by Fiercest34

Exactly!

Thats what I said in my post on the Danny Ainge thread!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Agreed! Ainge could have drafted DeAndre Jordan but chose J.R. Giddens!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: This All Started When Posey was Let Go : Are you 100% sure that if Posey was a Celtic in 2009 that KG would still get injured? It's just like saying if the Celtics didn't draft Len Bias he wouldn't have died. We will never know for sure. The point is James Posey could have made a difference in 2009. Sure he was on the decline in 2010, but if the Celtics got a back to back in 2009 then it would have been worth it.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I'm giving you back the picture that i borrowed from you!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Danny has not made the greatest of drafts and "so so" on his moves.  His gamble on Shaq this year was a huge risk and it is biting us in the rear right now.   If we blame anyone, we do have to say Danny is MUCH more to blame that poor Doc who Danny left out there hanging.   But, this isn't over.   C's will make us proud in game 3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Pick up Shaq (hasn't played a game in a while)
    Pick up JON (was meant to be a backup not a starter)
    Pick up Green>>>>>>>>>>> averages 8-10 pts (big deal!)
    Pick up Krstic>>>>>>>>>>>> wasted trade (worst trade since Babe ruth went to Yankees)
    Pick up Murphy>>>>>>>>>>> non existent in the playoffs

Lose TA>>>>>>>>>
    Lose Perk />>>>>>>> Bye bye Banner 18

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

HAve to agree with the posters saying it all started with KGs knee... and it didnt happen cause he was playing extended minutes either... from what I recall, didnt he have some huge bone spur that was the root of it all???

Posey was a great player for us but since leaving the C's hes been not much..

If not for KGs knee, theres a very good chance we'd be shooting for a 4peat right now..

As far as the Shaq gamble.... well, even if we kept Perkins he wouldnt make much of a difference ... we'd still be down 0-2 to the Heat imo..   Too much dreaming about how great Perk was...he was ok in our system, outside of it, hes an average NBA center at best..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

HAve to agree with the posters saying it all started with KGs knee... and it didnt happen cause he was playing extended minutes either... from what I recall, didnt he have some huge bone spur that was the root of it all??? Posey was a great player for us but since leaving the C's hes been not much.. If not for KGs knee, theres a very good chance we'd be shooting for a 4peat right now.. As far as the Shaq gamble.... well, even if we kept Perkins he wouldnt make much of a difference ... we'd still be down 0-2 to the Heat imo..   Too much dreaming about how great Perk was...he was ok in our system, outside of it, hes an average NBA center at best..
    Posted by Karllost

I agree with some of your points.  I do think that Perk could have made a difference in this series and we would have won at least one of these games.  I still think that Perk is missed and could be the difference maker in our winning or losing a series.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts