This can not happen for the Bulls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: This can not happen for the Bulls

I think Carmelo should just keep his mouth shut and play out the final year of his contract. He's getting paid a fortune and is the focus of the team. He should show a little class.
       Personally I hope Denver takes the trade with the Nets just to teach Anthony a lesson for whining and not being appreciative.
       Denver has to make the trade to get something good in return for Anthony as he is obviously going to leave when he's a free agent next summer anyway if not traded before hand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Why would this be a problem?  I thought he is a me-first cancer that will destroy team chemistry on any team that he goes to.  This should actually be good for us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Bad idea for the Bulls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

Lebron set the tone for how to be a PUNK....... now his followers are doing the samething!!!! Melo should stay in Denver and try become a better all around player and make his teammates better at least for three more years and see what happens!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: This can not happen for the Bulls:
    I think Carmelo should just keep his mouth shut and play out the final year of his contract. He's getting paid a fortune and is the focus of the team. He should show a little class.    Personally I hope Denver takes the trade with the Nets just to teach Anthony a lesson for whining and not being appreciative.    Denver has to make the trade to get something good in return for Anthony as he is obviously going to leave when he's a free agent next summer anyway if not traded before hand.
    Posted by mem17

I agree with you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I read an article on ESPN that the Nuggets are offering Melo 65 million for 3 years. Somebody hollers that he wants out and the owners respond by offering him even more money than he's currently making. 
        I wonder what would happen if any non-professional athlete tried Melo's way of getting a raise? I'm asing this tongue in cheek of course.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Sad to see these kind of noises coming from Melo and it makes a guy like Kevin Durant appear to be even better with that deal he signed with OK City. Smaller teams now appear to be in real trouble holding onto their star players. 

I think that now one young 'superteam' has been formed in Miami we may see another spring up next off season. This one built around Melo. 

The league needs more guys with Durants mindset. The only sad thing is that Durant isn't playing out of Seattle. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

There is no question that Melo has questionable character issue, but it is unfair to compare his situation with Durants'.  Durants has been playing for only a few years with a young and upcoming team where things are looking up after almost beating the Lakers in the playoff last year.  Melo is playing on an aging team where it can be argued that the window has passed.  Denver is too good to get any good draft pick in the foreseeable future especially with Melo on the team but it is also on a downhill slide plus a small market team that might not be willing to spend to get to the top.  I can understand why Melo wants to leave and try to get into a situation that he can have a better chance to win and compete with the Miami of the world.  I also understand why you may hate the guy but many will do what they think will help them getting a ring, same goes for many others; Lebron, Chris Paul, KG, Bosh, Shaq, etc...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Good point you make in relation to the strength of the Thunder and Nuggets. I don't hate Melo, just wish that he'd stick around in Denver. Hasn't left yet so there is some hope for the Nuggets. 

Hopefully if he leaves, he'll let the Nuggets know of his intentions so they can get something in return for him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Melo might stick with the Nuggets but leave next year and its the Nuggets who will push for a trade.  They won't want to wait for him to leave next year and get nothing so they'll want to trade this year and at least get something.

As for Melo, he sees his contemporaries like Wade, Bosh, and Lebron get to teams that will challenge for championships.  He sees Amare go the knicks and he sees Chris Paul push for his team to challenge or trade him.  I don't blame Melo for not wanting to be stuck on a team that won't challenge as it gets older.   So, while he's not my favorite player in the world (I'm a Georgetown fan and he went to Syracuse!!), I do see why he wants to either be traded to a contender now or he'll leave on free agency next year.  If I were him, I wouldn't sign an extension with Denver, either.   In all honesty and with objectivity....would any of you?

He's doing what's in his own best interest and that's what all of us would do if we have the ability to control our destiny.

Sections
Shortcuts