This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.

tonight he messed up, but I am confident he will be himself again very soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.

a whole bunch of Celtics messed up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

INCOMING!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

You got some cajones btown. Most so-called fans on this blog think the sky is falling. They will come and attack you now! :-) I agree with you...I think Rondo will come around and be that triple double guy again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.:
    [QUOTE]You got some cajones btown. Most so-called fans on this blog think the sky is falling. They will come and attack you now! :-) I agree with you...I think Rondo will come around and be that triple double guy again.
    Posted by mbrann[/QUOTE]

He could have had a quadruple-double tonight  he hits that last shot and everyone would say he is back

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Yeah...C's fans are really on edge right now. It has been frustrating with the trade and the injuries. But no reason to panic. Gotta keep playing Rondo so he can work his way through the slump. It won't help to sit him or start West instead...that would just get Rondo thinking too much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy. Show celticsboy's posts

In Response to This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.:
    [QUOTE]tonight he messed up, but I am confident he will be himself again very soon.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Stick with that Fraud then, maybe he can give you an assist to foot the bill to pick up some new prescription glasses so you can see what the rest of us Celtics fans see that's making us frustrated and fed up with him. Don't worry, he's got enough cash, $11 mill he is getting paid a year and playing this dam bad while Delonte is on the books for a lousy $1.2 mill and shows us what Rondo should be like sometimes with his lack of skills.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is not the problem. We need Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal back.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You are right! They make Rondo's game much easier.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

AGREED Kirk6 !

Rondo is not the problem, we need Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal back....

J Green, Kristic , Arroyo, Palvolivk, Murphy will be the difference in winning championship #18

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

some celtic fans are F U cking pathetic (excuse my french). they are truly game to game fans that are PATHETIC on these boards. rondo is out of the slump. there is no slump anymore. you couldnt tell by his game? his defense? his speed down the court? his crisp puzzle-piece passes? he missed a jumper. FREAKING CUT HIM. wat about the two missed 3's by PP at the end? wat about the bologna 3 by Baby at the end? that doesnt matter? just rondos floater? 

ive never heard a player more disrespected than Rondo. almost a triple double and fans arent happy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

In Response to This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.:
    [QUOTE]tonight he messed up, but I am confident he will be himself again very soon.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

As long as he cleans up his crap, then everything should be good.  But that's a big "IF".  His playing for stats has probably cause the Celts the #1 seed...which will make the playoffs that much more difficult..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

have you asked him if he is indeed playing for stats rayallen1? 

btw, i will def admit i pull my hair out occassionally wen he doesnt finish his open layups. but i really dont know if it has to do with "padding stats", bc arent points a stat as well?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]have you asked him if he is indeed playing for stats rayallen1?  btw, i will def admit i pull my hair out occassionally wen he doesnt finish his open layups. but i really dont know if it has to do with "padding stats", bc arent points a stat as well?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Rondo isn't going to admit to playing for stats. He's also not going to admit why he quit TEAM USA either. (Hint: He was about to be cut.)

He is not even in the top 100 in scoring but is neck and neck with Nash for assists leader.

Dimes are his personal claim to fame at this point in his career. He'll give up points to get dimes any chance he gets... as we who have eyes have seen.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Reminder to Rondo lovers:   If Doc stood by Rondo in 2008 we DO NOT win the championship.  If he stays in during Game 4 we DO NOT make the comeback.  How 'bout Game 6 against Orlando last year?  If he doesn't give Nate a chance he doesn't spark a big run which turns out to be the difference between wrapping up the series vs going back to Orlando for Game 7. 
    When  the kid ain't gettin it done Doc needs to yank him, especially now that we have a reliable back up in D West.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Those who understand the game (coaches, former coaches, players, former players, etc) love Rondo. They recognize he couldn't win a game of H-O-R-S-E against a 6-year-old, but they also know he does almost everything else exceptionally well. I mean, the guy's 6-1 and he had 11 boards last night (five more than KG).

Fans, on the other hand, are fickle. If that floater falls, this thread wouldn't have been necessary. Others would have been titled "Rondo is back!!" or "Rondo for MVP!!".

This isn't to say Rondo didn't have a bad night. But he wasn't alone. The C's scored two points in the final three minutes. That wasn't all Rondo's fault.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

[QUOTE]Reminder to Rondo lovers:   If Doc stood by Rondo in 2008 we DO NOT win the championship.  If he stays in during Game 4 we DO NOT make the comeback.  How 'bout Game 6 against Orlando last year?  If he doesn't give Nate a chance he doesn't spark a big run which turns out to be the difference between wrapping up the series vs going back to Orlando for Game 7.  When  the kid ain't gettin it done Doc needs to yank him, especially now that we have a reliable back up in D West.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

WELL SAID THERE OC-CeltsFan. If you look deep enough, there are others who have posted something similar but a contrast to what you've stated. They claim that if Doc Didn't stand by Rondo in 2008, we wouldn't win the Title. And you just shoved their feet right back in their mouths there. i remember the game 4 comeback like it was yesterday because it was one of my favorite games during that series. To see and hear the Lakers and their fans vomit in disgust losing a 24 point leadt, AT HOME, it was a blessing. I watched every single minute of that game and remember it very well when Eddie was CONFIDENTLY taking and making those crucial short jumpers to tie the game and eventually give us a lead. The same with Robinson of last year with the comebacks. It seems like a deja vu with this team when it comes to Rondo. You take him out when he is playing lousy and his replacement plays twice as better but for some reason, Doc Rivers still want to experiment with the little $11 million FRAUD

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Standing by Rajon as well, but he is in the worst slump I've seen with him. The timing is awful, too. Just hope he can get himself out of it soon.

As Rondo goes, so go the Celtics.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol, he couldnt beat a 6 yr old in h-o-r-s-e but almost beat Kevin Durant!! lol 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I think a lot of celtics fans need to step back and take a breather. Seeing folks call Rajon Rondo, one of the fiercest competitors in the game today, a coward on this board is freaking ridiculous. As a 12 year old kid, I used to watch anderson and delk attempt to play point for this team, and fail fairly miserably. Without his rebounding and defense and vision, we haven't got a shot. Understandably, many are feeling angst in post-perk Boston, but we have reinforcements on the way. I will continue to be in Rondo's corner, though I will say that we need him to find his swagger for this upcoming postseason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I really wonder if some of you are fans of this team.

Seriously I have never seen a team question its players more than this forum. Its fine to wonder and second guess oh maybe he should of made the pass but its not that. Its nuts one game happens and its Rondo needs to be traded hes trash cant do anything. Your all forgetting about the man who was tossing around assists and carrying this team to get to the first seed. 

The guy is obviously going through a terrible slump in the season, while having to deal with injuries on the team that are not helping him and this offense but its all of his fault?

There are more things at play than just Rondo right now. Its not a one person game teams win and lose games not just one player.

Some of you need to really start acting your age take a deep breathe and just let Rondo come out of the slump like we all know he will. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]lol, he couldnt beat a 6 yr old in h-o-r-s-e but almost beat Kevin Durant!! lol 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Huh?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

This board is crazy, game to game bs. Rondo puts up a near quadruple double and all hell breaks loose, cuz of a missed floater, I thought bbaby 3 was a much worse decision, but he aint getting beat up on this board.  If people are gonna get mad every time rondo misses a shot, yall are gonna be UPSET. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo. : Huh?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    Lloyd, the game of HORSE being referred to was from last year's All-Star game, when Rondo went head-to-head with Durant.  I remember watching Rondo draining threes from as far away as the bench and wondering why he doesn't take more jumpers in a game. He looked unconscious during that competition. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Rondo is the greatest PG of all time!

Sections
Shortcuts