This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Re: This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.

He's been dreadful for nearly a month. For a while it looked like he was playing with work boots on. There probably is something wrong with those feet of his. His athleticism is what sets him apart and it hasn't been there. Let's hope Delonte stays healthy, Rondo's blues are temporary, and we can ride this out.

The middle is open for business w/o Perk. Don't think those injured bigs will return in anything close to midseason form. The C's will have to score and that means Rondo firing on all cylinders.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

It is a collective slump we have not played a complete game since beofre the all star break. I do not remember the last time the big three played 4 quarters in one game well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Is he hurt?  Live in NY, too cheap for NBA Ticket so I catch maybe 20 regular season games on ESPN or TNT.  Watching against Knicks I was shocked how lathergic he looked after not seeing much Celts in 3 weeks.  He's the difference between an early golf season and an extended run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAKER-Troll. Show LAKER-Troll's posts

Maybe if rondo could make a shot outside of 4 feet.  He will never be as good as D-Fish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo.:
    This board is crazy, game to game bs. Rondo puts up a near quadruple double and all hell breaks loose, cuz of a missed floater, I thought bbaby 3 was a much worse decision, but he aint getting beat up on this board.  If people are gonna get mad every time rondo misses a shot, yall are gonna be UPSET. 
    Posted by gman101019

He missed 84% of his shots... it should not come down to a floater - if he had even a decent night by any standard for a point guard as a shooter the floater would not have even been a factor....

how about getting within 2 feet and kicking it out, how about being afraid to finish so that he does not have to go to the line, how about being completely left alone most of the time and flailing up brick after brick.....

How many football games come down to a missed 30 yard field goal when the quarterback makes bad pass after bad pass after bad pass and then leads them to a decent drive at the end and then everyone blames the kicker...

In the last 14 games Rondo has shot 37%, scored 8 ppg, and averaged 9 assists per game, made zero 3 point shots, and shot above 50% from the line twice in 14 games..............

Is this the guy that is running the team?  An all-star?  A "great" player?  Blah Blah Blah..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

But he should be on the bench at the end of games if he is gonna throw up Nate Robinson shots and since he doesn't wana drive to the basket for fear of getting fouled

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whats all this talk about sticking by ROndo? LOL

What does that mean anyway?  That no matter how good or bad he plays, Ill put on blinders and neither criticize nor agree with other posters criticism thats hes playing poorly.

How about just dealing with the facts and not having a predisposed opinion of someone no matter what.

And what about those here saying people shouldnt get on him for one bad game... Hey, if it was just a couple bad games, thered be a little chatter going on but..... hes strung together alot more than a couple bad games.

Whats this fascination with defending criticism regardless of right or wrong? 

When a game is played, most fans on this fourm like to talk about what we just saw... Should we just throw out the game if someone played bad and only discuss that player with regards to the game he played last week???  LOL

This is really getting silly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Rondo is the greatest PG of all time!
    Posted by Tayshawn

If you are not even close to being one of the best of your generation then how in the world could / would you ever be considered the greatest of all time?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

AS the big three go SO GOES RONDO, Rondo can not produce consistantly when the pressure is on in big games.  We should force rest the big three because it is evident that WE DO NOT TAKE LESSER TEAMS SERIOUSLY.  We would be better off resting the big three and little poor abused rondo, is is out best chance.  West should finish games that we do not have a ten point or more lead for Rondo to do his magic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Those who understand the game (coaches, former coaches, players, former players, etc) love Rondo. They recognize he couldn't win a game of H-O-R-S-E against a 6-year-old, but they also know he does almost everything else exceptionally well. I mean, the guy's 6-1 and he had 11 boards last night (five more than KG). Fans, on the other hand, are fickle. If that floater falls, this thread wouldn't have been necessary. Others would have been titled "Rondo is back!!" or "Rondo for MVP!!". This isn't to say Rondo didn't have a bad night. But he wasn't alone. The C's scored two points in the final three minutes. That wasn't all Rondo's fault.

Posted by LloydDobler

-

I jes got-sta put in my 2sense wort.

I B down wit da LoydDobler effect, & den sum!!!!!

In udder werds, I's in complete agreement wit everyting he sez and I's culdnn't a saiid it much betta myseff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Who would you want to take the pressure shots, Rondo or West?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo. : Lloyd, the game of HORSE being referred to was from last year's All-Star game, when Rondo went head-to-head with Durant.  I remember watching Rondo draining threes from as far away as the bench and wondering why he doesn't take more jumpers in a game. He looked unconscious during that competition. 
    Posted by joel49

Oh, thanks Joel, didn't know that. Man, that must have been surreal to see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: This Celtics fan is standing by Rondo. : - I jes got-sta put in my 2sense wort. I B down wit da LoydDobler effect, & den sum!!!!! In udder werds, I's in complete agreement wit everyting he sez and I's culdnn't a saiid it much betta myseff.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

I'z gladsta hazya onboard. I'za think.

Sections
Shortcuts