This could be the real reason why Allen left us

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us

In Response to This could be the real reason why Allen left us:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSNUcVL_rYI&feature=related Pierce is the neutralizer, im very disappointed when i saw this video. respect on ray allen with his calm attitude..
    Posted by The BIG TICKET[/QUOTE]

Looked OK to me.

Animated... without animus.

Lockerroom give and take.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Looked like Ray was arguing he was open and not getting the ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Anyone here play competitive sports?

My God that stuff happens all the time... it is nothing

A real 'fight' is when you have to be pulled of another teammate by your other teammates and then the repeated bad blood between you and that person affected everything down to the play on the court

But Allen's ego was indeed likely a little bruised as Rondo, a poor outside shooter, passed him as far as an all-star and decision maker. Allen was a little too into the whole 'best 3 point shooter ever' thing and felt he should be taking the most shots per game. While in reality, he was becoming a 20-24 minute 6th man and the team was better with guys who would run with Rondo like Avery, and play the way RONDO wanted them to... and Ray didn't enjoy that transition.

I hope he enjoys getting the same 20-24 mins we were offering here in Miami, as a spot up jump shooter with guys who dominate the ball and are much more selfish than Rondo on the court with him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us:
    [QUOTE]Anyone here play competitive sports? My God that stuff happens all the time... it is nothing A real 'fight' is when you have to be pulled of another teammate by your other teammates and then the repeated bad blood between you and that person affected everything down to the play on the court But Allen's ego was indeed likely a little bruised as Rondo, a poor outside shooter, passed him as far as an all-star and decision maker. Allen was a little too into the whole 'best 3 point shooter ever' thing and felt he should be taking the most shots per game. While in reality, he was becoming a 20-24 minute 6th man and the team was better with guys who would run with Rondo like Avery, and play the way RONDO wanted them to... and Ray didn't enjoy that transition. I hope he enjoys getting the same 20-24 mins we were offering here in Miami, as a spot up jump shooter with guys who dominate the ball and are much more selfish than Rondo on the court with him.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

For the kids on here - a big, resounding NO  to that one.....but I have, and you're right, it's no big deal.

100% right about Ray, also..........my father always said it sux to get old, and that is the story with Ray!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "This could be the real reason why Allen left us": [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSNUcVL_rYI&feature=related Pierce is the neutralizer, im very disappointed when i saw this video. respect on ray allen with his calm attitude.. Posted by The BIG TICKET[/QUOTE] Maybe you need to stay away from the locker room if that piece disappointed you. It's a man's locker room!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]This is damning. No wonder the guy left.
    Posted by The Big4[/QUOTE]

yea because Kobe gets along with everybody

come on. Ray left because of Rondo trying to replace him with Bradley, and succeeding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

With a attitude like this I can't imagine Kobe getting into it with team mates.

Kobe says,

When a news reporter suggested Bryant was the best U.S offensive player in the low post other than center Tyson Chandler, Bryant stopped the question.

“No, no, no,” Bryant said. “Not other than Tyson Chandler. I’m the best post player on this team, period. Tyson Chandler is not in that conversation.”

Asked what it’s like to be the old guy on the team, Bryant said, “I’m where everybody wants to get to. I just happen to be still playing.”

“Can you learn anything from these young guys?” he was asked.

Bryant: “No.”

“You know everything?”

Bryant: “I don’t know if I know it all, but I know more than they do.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Allen turned out to be a selfish prima donna. I wish him luck on the Heat but don't sugercoat it. He hated coming off the bench and felt disrespected by the entire organization even though Avery Bradley deserved to start. 

The fact that he kept cool in the end wasn't maybe so great, had he vented his emotions more he might not have built up a level of resentment that compelled him to leave. Turned out he was seething and handled it passive aggressively. Great. 

Bottom line: if Terry stays healthy he will end up being as good or almost as good as Ray. Only if Terry is hurt for an extended period will we really miss Ray. Our problems lie elsewhere, such as rebounding, which Allen was never much help with....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Allen turned out to be a selfish prima donna. I wish him luck on the Heat but don't sugercoat it. He hated coming off the bench and felt disrespected by the entire organization even though Avery Bradley deserved to start.  The fact that he kept cool in the end wasn't maybe so great, had he vented his emotions more he might not have built up a level of resentment that compelled him to leave. Turned out he was seething and handled it passive aggressively. Great.  Bottom line: if Terry stays healthy he will end up being as good or almost as good as Ray. Only if Terry is hurt for an extended period will we really miss Ray. Our problems lie elsewhere, such as rebounding, which Allen was never much help with....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Let's get something straight,  Ray was a great three point shooter and a  good enough athlete to pull up and shoot perimeter shots and even go to the basket for a long time.

He could not for the last four years or so create a shot. If he is wide open and gets looks from people draped over Lebron and Wade he will score easily like Battier and Miller did.

Terry is far superior in creating a shot and havoc.  He will take it to the basket and shot threes when they mean the most.  He is a scorer, ray is a three point shooter period.

In 2011 championship against the Heat, Terry won the two key games five and six with his manic energy and killer instinct.  It can backfire but this guy will not sit on the three point line and complain while he cannot get open to get a good shot like Ray. Terry will create a shot if he is covered and open the game up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us : Let's get something straight,  Ray was a great three point shooter and a  good enough athlete to pull up and shoot perimeter shots and even go to the basket for a long time. He could not for the last four years or so create a shot. If he is wide open and gets looks from people draped over Lebron and Wade he will score easily like Battier and Miller did. Terry is far superior in creating a shot and havoc.  He will take it to the basket and shot threes when they mean the most.  He is a scorer, ray is a three point shooter period. In 2011 championship against the Heat, Terry won the two key games five and six with his manic energy and killer instinct.  It can backfire but this guy will not sit on the three point line and complain while he cannot get open to get a good shot like Ray. Terry will create a shot if he is covered and open the game up.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the same thing BTS said?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us : Isn't that the same thing BTS said?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Not really.  I think I spelled it out a lot more. Even then you never made a redundant post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us : Not really.  I think I spelled it out a lot more. Even then you never made a redundant post.

No, I got it the first time.....................and thanks for the sarcasm!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us : No, I got it the first time.....................and thanks for the sarcasm!!
    I made a thoughtful post I thought.  You pointed out mine was similar to the one above.  I don't see it all but there was no sarcasm there,  just taken a back you would make a comment that seemed less than polite to someone you never had a beef with before.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us : I made a thoughtful post I thought.  You pointed out mine was similar to the one above.  I don't see it all but there was no sarcasm there,  just taken a back you would make a comment that seemed less than polite to someone you never had a beef with before.  

And I don't have a beef with now.  I read the post from BTS.......then you started yours with - "let's get something straight"   Naturally, I thought you were going to say something negative about BTS's post.  I read his line that said if Terry stays healthy, he will easily replace Ray.....then I read your line that said Terry is superior to Ray in terms of getting his own shot off.  I thought it was the same thing............but, you see, at first (let's get something straight), I thought it might be different.

Sorry if I got you upset - don't have a problem at all with your post -hope you understand what I'm trying to say!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us : And I don't have a beef with now.  I read the post from BTS.......then you started yours with - "let's get something straight"   Naturally, I thought you were going to say something negative about BTS's post.  I read his line that said if Terry stays healthy, he will easily replace Ray.....then I read your line that said Terry is superior to Ray in terms of getting his own shot off.  I thought it was the same thing............but, you see, at first (let's get something straight), I thought it might be different. Sorry if I got you upset - don't have a problem at all with your post -hope you understand what I'm trying to say!!
    I do. When I said let's get something straight I was not responding to BTS but all the people (mostly trolls) who have not realized how different Terry can be than Ray. He is a shot creator as he did against the Heat in 2011 so well they came back in that series and won a championship.  Thanks for explaining "let's get something straight" was not the best lead in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This could be the real reason why Allen left us : I do. When I said let's get something straight I was not responding to BTS but all the people (mostly trolls) who have not realized how different Terry can be than Ray. He is a shot creator as he did against the Heat in 2011 so well they came back in that series and won a championship.  Thanks for explaining "let's get something straight" was not the best lead in.

No problem at all - wrong of me to come after you in the first place.  I don't argue that way with Celtics fans!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoGREEN!. Show GoGREEN!'s posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSNUcVL_rYI&feature=related Pierce is the neutralizer, im very disappointed when i saw this video. respect on ray allen with his calm attitude..
    Posted by The BIG TICKET[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen is a class act and has always been classy while in Boston.  KG tries to bully others and is pretty classless as this video shows. There is really nothing new or revealing because anyone that follows the Celtics already knew this. KG makes fun of cancer patients while Ray helps support them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Real "entertaining" posts!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

In response to This could be the real reason why Allen left us:
    [QUOTE]

In response to This could be the real reason why Allen left us:

Posted by The BIG TICKET

Do we have another Laker fan in the house?

Ray Allen is a class act and has always been classy while in Boston.  KG tries to bully others and is pretty classless as this video shows. There is really nothing new or revealing because anyone that follows the Celtics already knew this. KG makes fun of cancer patients while Ray helps support them.

[/QUOTE]

Wow! You are dead on with your analysis. I can tell you know your Celtics very well.

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts