This Green thing just gets worse and worse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: This Green thing just gets worse and worse

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Petey

Uncle Jeff is consistently inconsistent.

It is what it is.

He had a great game tonight.  He far exceeded my expectations.

Guess I might have to start a post searching for Gerald Wallace.  Dang, where was HE tonight?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Damn Jeff Green.....went out and scored 25 to ruin the theme of the posts tonight.   How dare he!!!!    Why would he play possum like that in pre-season?

Don't worry, eventually, he'll have a 10 point game and you can pick on him.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Epic fail: Jeff Green 25 pts 5 reb 4 asst 2 stl 1 blk  2-3 3pts 7-9 fts. PP 17 pts 4 rebs KG 8 pts 10 rebs, same result,Oh wait with PP and KG the Yets only lost by 4! Brkln 0-1 LAC 0-1 Bos 0-1 gee.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Jeff Green will be a consistent 20 PPG scorer this season IF we can establish another scoring threat inside, which I think is very likely.

He is the foundation of the team and the anchor for our rebuild.  Dude has always had game.  But under Doc, with PP and KG, he could never establish his game.

Repeat afeter me... Summer League and Preseason don't mean SQUAT.

You Green haters were all wrong.   Not to mention you Babb and Brooks bumbling buttheads.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Petey

Uncle Jeff is consistently inconsistent.

It is what it is.

He had a great game tonight.  He far exceeded my expectations.

Guess I might have to start a post searching for Gerald Wallace.  Dang, where was HE tonight?

Wallace had 4 steals and played tough defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Epic fail: Jeff Green 25 pts 5 reb 4 asst 2 stl 1 blk  2-3 3pts 7-9 fts. PP 17 pts 4 rebs KG 8 pts 10 rebs, same result,Oh wait with PP and KG the Yets only lost by 4! Brkln 0-1 LAC 0-1 Bos 0-1 gee.

The difference is both the Nets and the Clips will have winning records while the Celts will have a losing record by the end of November.

Keep "just saying" we'll see what the difference is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Jeff Green will be a consistent 20 PPG scorer this season IF we can establish another scoring threat inside, which I think is very likely.

He is the foundation of the team and the anchor for our rebuild.  Dude has always had game.  But under Doc, with PP and KG, he could never establish his game.

Repeat afeter me... Summer League and Preseason don't mean SQUAT.

You Green haters were all wrong.   Not to mention you Babb and Brooks bumbling buttheads.

Surprise.  You and I are agreeing on something!  Yes, PP and KG not being here is teh best thing for Green.  He now has nobody to defer to.  Hopefully that will help him.

Boston has  very good quality at 1, 3 and 4.  It is the 2 and the 5 that are real problems.  If Danny can address one of those well, we will soon be back in business.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Crucify Him...... crucify him.....crucify him......poor Jeff Green.

Celtics are not looking for a playoff spot, it is lookig for the lottery pick....why crucify somebody?

For the Celtics fans looking for a top draft pick, lets rejoice everytime the celtics loss a game!

"No Pain No Glory"

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

Truth is we are not sure about him, but puzzled by him.  The next 15 games will answer our questions and many may be prophets, but I need to wait and see.  I do not consider scoring the only way to be the man.  Knowing what shots to take and making your teammates better must be considered.  His rebounding is hard because of where they play him and who he guards.  Fav and KO can do most of it.  He has proven that he can defend and you can lead that way, at least Avery thinks you should.  I just hope Avery does not shoot us our of the game, mabey he will be hot.

Time to get off his back and watch a few games, he played near all-star tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Jeff was near all-star tonight.  Time to watch and get off his back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

Ouch! 

This is a look into Jeff Green's current thought process and mental outlook going into a season where he is expected to be the team's first scoring option.  

“If I just look to score, then there’s one thing on my mind — score. I’m a great player. I can tell when it’s the right pass to make if that player steps up on the defensive end. I just have to continue to be aggressive and I guess shoot first.” 

Beside the fact that the statement makes almost no sense, the very fact that he and other people involved continue to actually think he may be able to be the guy is maddening and disconcerting.

He's in way over his head, and the sooner some other player or players say, "Thanks for trying Jeff, I'll take it from here. Relax and chip in where and when you can," the better the team dynamic will be.

I am quite happy to be eating crow here for my previous comments on Jeff Green. Like a lot of people it's been killing me that he hasn't fully utilized or developed his basketball gifts.

Last night's game was one of his best games in many areas. Yes, he posted well and shot a high percentage, but the most impressive thing to me was the heightened levels of aggression and physicality he showed.

When he attacked the offensive glass on a rebound that he didn't even get, he looked like a completely different player. When he skipped the wrong-foot drive and took a final power step, he drew foul shots and made the FTs.

Those things alone are really encouraging. He's not going to score 25 a night, but if he can be consistently aggressive, he can max out his skils.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Ouch! 

He's in way over his head, and the sooner some other player or players say, "Thanks for trying Jeff, I'll take it from here. Relax and chip in where and when you can," the better the team dynamic will be.

I am quite happy to be eating crow here for my previous comments on Jeff Green.... 

Those things alone are really encouraging. He's not going to score 25 a night, but if he can be consistently aggressive, he can max out his skils.

I know, I know, I'm talking to myself here, but that's what Jeff Green makes a person do. 

I, again, fell into the Jeff Green Diminished Expectations Trap. One tough offensive rebound attempt and a few strong drives resulting in FTs to go along with a good shooting night, and I'm saying he's on track, he's turned the corner.

That's a pretty low bar to get over - trying hard for an offensive rebound and getting yourself fouled. I forget that a go-to NBA small forward / big guard(?) should be able to do that in his sleep, but I get excited when Jeff Green does it because he so seldom does!

And that explains why I'm going to wait until Jeff Green is voted NBA MVP before I ever again consider him even role-player valuable on this team - I'm trying to think of the role he can play, and I'm having trouble.

There were a few roles up for grabs against the Bucks in the second half - floor spacer, free throw shooter, offensive rebounder, shot maker, go-to guy, spot-up shooter, shot-blocker, assist guy, leader. Green didn't play any of those roles. He just seemed along for the ride.

Mostly, when it began to hit the fan, he disappeared. Though the ball stayed in his hands, he created nothing. He missed all seven of the shots he took along with 2 of 4 FTs. He turned the ball over. He got a shot(s) blocked. 

Most tellingly, he displayed a skill set that is fundamentally flawed for the jobs at hand. He's just not good enough with the ball in traffic to create a clean shot. His weak basketball sense operates way too slowly to process what's happening in front of him. Consequently, he's indecisive about everything but a straight-line drive to the rim when the planets align properly. His motor for a heady floor game is non-existent.

The ship, his ship, was sinking, and he couldn't make a difference.

Can he learn how to do the "go-to guy" thing?

He's 27, he's been in the NBA since 2006, and, no, he can't learn how to do it, for the same reasons Avery Bradley can't play PG. 

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts