This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy:
    Half of the season is almost over, The Celtics was winning without Perk. The combination of Shaq-Big baby & Semih works. Shaq needs the center of attention to perform better.  If Perk takes the chunk of Shaq's minutes, Shaq will lost interest & downhill from here. I expect Shaq to play better yesterday againts Kobe & in LA  but he lost his fire - I know why. Everyone pointing the attention to Perk. Big mistakes. Shaq came to town for little money but big hope. Solution: Shaq should always starts - rotate Semih & Perk.   How can you disagree when they are winning without Perk?
    Posted by CHEisCHE

This makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

KG makes a huge difference on the defensive end.  It's far more apparent in person than on TV.  The Orlando game two weks ago....they were literally toying with them until they simply turned it on. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy:
    The Celtics would have won Game 7 if it was in Boston.
    Posted by Mike1986

Then the Celtics would have won Game 7 had they put in more efforts in the regular season to get 8 more wins, instead of losing home games to the Nets, the 76ers, the Wizards, the Bucks, the Grizzlies and last but not least, getting swept by the Hawks.

So whose fault was that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : Then the Celtics would have won Game 7 had they put in more efforts in the regular season to get 8 more wins, instead of losing home games to the Nets, the 76ers, the Wizards, the Bucks, the Grizzlies and last but not least, getting swept by the Hawks. So whose fault was that?
    Posted by TheBhoys

It was OUR fault, but that doesn't make Mike1986's statement UNtrue!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

I don't think one translates to the other.  I could never say that.  We sound like lakers fans, guys who STILL think they would have won in '08 if Bynum played.  An impossibility, as we all know, for they would not have Gasol!!

And you have been proven wrong.

Why is it an impossibility? Bynum could have recovered from the injury and played in the playoffs. Target date to come back was April, 2008. There were numerous articles about when they expected him to come back.

Not to mention this wishful thinking of rejecting the gift of Gasol even if Bynum was healthy. So you told us about your "research"? that Mitch said so? I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I'll sell you...

No, the only thing I will say is that IF Game 7 was played in Boston, we probably would have won. 
    Posted by hedleylamarr

If game 7 had been played in Boston, the Lakers, while leading 3-2, wouldn't have given us this stinker. Remember 1985? leading 3-2 coming into Boston?

As a matter of fact, since 1984, for all the lower seeds leading the finals 3-2 and coming into the higher seed's court TO CLINCH in game 6, remember what happened?

1985 - Lakers won
    1988 - Pistons lost by 1 point while Dumars missing a last shot
    1993 - Bulls won
    1994 - Knicks lost by 2 points, but only after Hakeem blocking Starks' shot at the buzzer
    1998 - Bulls won
    2006 - Heat won
    2010 - Celtics made history by becoming the first team in 7 trials to stink up the court.

We should not be talking about game 7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : It was OUR fault, but that doesn't make Mike1986's statement UNtrue!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

What he said was a "would have", a speculation that can never be proven. Afterall, there have been teams that won game 7 on the road, albeit a lower than 50% probability.

How can a speculation be true or untrue?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : You're possibly right, which is why LA should take the regular season more seriously. 
    Posted by jofc

The lakers should take the regular season more seriously, but they are what they are. 3 of their 5 championships this past decade were won when they finished with 56, 57 and 58 Ws in the regular season. Unlike the 90s Bulls that dominated both the regular season and the playoffs (only 1 title came after a sub-60 W season, 57W in 1992-93, and that was after Michael and Scottie sacrificed their summer to play in Barcelona), we just have to hope that the Lakers can turn the switch on in the playoffs...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : The lakers should take the regular season more seriously, but they are what they are. 3 of their 5 championships this past decade were won when they finished with 56, 57 and 58 Ws in the regular season. Unlike the 90s Bulls that dominated both the regular season and the playoffs (only 1 title came after a sub-60 W season, 57W in 1992-93, and that was after Michael and Scottie sacrificed their summer to play in Barcelona), we just have to hope that the Lakers can turn the switch on in the playoffs...
    Posted by TheBhoys

WE?  Who is this WE?  WE, on this board, could care less if the lakers "turn on the switch."  Actually, I hope they implode and get bounced in the first round.  Time for us to finally play someone else in the Finals!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Time for us to finally play someone else in the Finals!!

I second the motion!!

....and who would you like to see? who is the someone else? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : There wouldn't have been a game 7 if Bynum were healthy.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

That is bs. There wouldn't have been a championship for the lakers in '09 or the "Tainted Championship" of 2010 if Garnett had been healthy. Sunday's game was the proof of that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : That is bs. There wouldn't have been a championship for the lakers in '09 or the "Tainted Championship" of 2010 if Garnett had been healthy. Sunday's game was the proof of that.
    Posted by gtown07

Is it really? Then after the Celtics won the 08 title, what did the Lakers' two regular season victories over the Celtics in 09 mean? 

Sunday's game was proof that the Celtics are currently playing better ball. Nothing else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Hey Dudder I saw how Evan "destroyed" Rondo last night..
    Evans= 36 mins   20 pts   4 rebs   4 assists 
    Rondo=30 mins    17pts   4stls      10 assists And a WIN!

When your pt guard gets only 4 asists in 36 minites..= very little wins...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : Is it really? Then after the Celtics won the 08 title, what did the Lakers' two regular season victories over the Celtics in 09 mean?  Sunday's game was proof that the Celtics are currently playing better ball. Nothing else.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

I hate to say it, but I agree with McNugget!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

After Rondo is destroyed by both Evans and Udrih but his teammates bail him out can we at least attempt a discussion about Rondo's level of being overrated?

Lets hope he keeps getting bailed out all the way to the Ship!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : WE?  Who is this WE?  WE, on this board, could care less if the lakers "turn on the switch."  Actually, I hope they implode and get bounced in the first round.  Time for us to finally play someone else in the Finals!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

"WE" are the Lakers fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : "WE" are the Lakers fans.
    Posted by TheBhoys

THIS is a Celtics forum - so beat it!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : THIS is a Celtics forum - so beat it!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

So? unless it's stated that only Celtics fans can post on this Celtics forum, or  there is censorship in this forum, I don't see any relevance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Time for us to finally play someone else in the Finals!! I second the motion!! ....and who would you like to see? who is the someone else? 
    Posted by CHEisCHE

I have always wanted to play a best of seven series with the Spurs.  Especially since Duncan arrived.  They are a classy team, and play a lot like we do.  It would be great for basketball!

How about you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I agree. They are very similar to the Celts..and they will give us a better game than
    Koby and the Lakerettes...

Sections
Shortcuts