This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy:
    I don't think one translates to the other.  I could never say that.  We sound like lakers fans, guys who STILL think they would have won in '08 if Bynum played.  An impossibility, as we all know, for they would not have Gasol!! No, the only thing I will say is that IF Game 7 was played in Boston, we probably would have won.  That is why we need to get HCA this year.  And that is why the NBA need to re-think the 2-3-2 format in the Finals!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

You're possibly right, which is why LA should take the regular season more seriously.  I just don't see much use in looking back and saying "if x, y and z had happened, then my team would have won!" 

Let's look at what's happening today.  Which Celtics fans should want to do.  They're the best in the east, 2nd best in the NBA, and just rolled over a long time rival.  Things are kicking for Boston; no need to whine about injuries last year. 

By the way hedley, that's not directed at you, you're always a heads up poster here. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wouldnt have mattered if Perk played game 7. First off, he wasnt doing all that much to begin with. The Laker bigs were owning ours with the exception of Sheed here and there... and Baby.

Secondly, Perk would never offset what the ref's were doing. It didnt matter if Larry & MJ played for us in game 7, that 4th qtr was gonna go the Lakers way no matter what.

Im gonna agree with Che here that Shaq should start. Perk should play when Shaq gets tired or in foul trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy:
    Hahaha, this is hilarious.  I remember when LA beat Boston during the 2008-2009 season, at home and on the road, and Lakers fans were saying the same thing.  Celtics won in 08, Lakers won in 2010, that's all that matters now.  That, the observation that the Celtics look like they're playing MUCH better ball than LA right now.
    Posted by jofc

That about sums it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : There would have been no game 6 or 7 had Bynum had been healthy.  In game 1 he had 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks......... there was no game 6 or 7 with a healthy Bynum.  Sorry to make a poopoo in your pants. Bynum and Gasol did whatever they wanted to today against Perk and Shaq, the only reason the Cs won the game was the defense of BBD.  As odd as it may sound but without his defense the Cs would be going to see Sacramento who just beat the Lakers and Dallas. Rondo did his usual disapearing act - he missed wide open jumpers and did not get to the line but he was able to get the ball to hall of famers against players who had decided that nobody but Kobe was going to beat them. As I have said any number of times, the Cs are the best and deepest team in the league and the Spurs will be watching after the second round because they are a jump shooting team. The Lakers have a more talented front court but do not seem interested in a 3-peat. Therefore, the Cs will win the title in June 2011. One of the most amazing things to me is that if the Cs win a game it is because of talent and depth and when they lose it is the refs. The Cs clearly dominated the game in the second half but it is really hard to imagine for one second that there are any number of other point guards that would not have made the game over in the first half as opposed to the second half. Don't think Rondo took a foul shot.... Derick Rose and any number of other of actual good point guards would have taken lots of freebies in the first half and the game would have been over much earlier. What I heard after the game was that Perkins provided great defense during his time on the floor - what I saw was that Gasol and Bynum did whatever they wanted against both Perk and Shaq and that only Davis' defense and offense is what made their front court the star of the game. The Lakers seem completely disinterested but I am absolutely of the opinion that D Fish is a real weakness and that they are not very deep. I also am on record saying that the Spurs are pretenders because they are a jump shooting team, I thought the Jazz may be a darkhorse but now seeing how Big Al's defense remains ole and he has not improved one iota, the Jazz are not even pretenders let alone contenders. With Butler the Mavs would have been contenders but are no longer even pretenders. That leaves the Spurs and Lakers.  The size of the Lakers when they finally get into the playoffs and assuming they are healhty will be the team to beat. That leaves the Cs and Lakers size as the deciding factors for either the 18th or 17the rings.....  I suggest that the health of either will be the deciding factor and for most of the last 20 years the point guard will be almost a non factor....  Today Rondo...... clang... clang.... clang... clang... clang...... never gets to the line, passes up wide open jumpers and having national guys discuss how Rondo is never covered.... Last 4 losses..... Rose, Brooks, Wall, Nash.......  all had more points and I believe all had more assists.... so when there are bad match ups and other coaches and teams decide to take certain players out of the game... Rondo shows his true colors........ against the 36 year old - 7 points, 6 assists, 7 turnovers, etc....... Is there a point at which there is a point guard who some would like to consider an elite player and elite point guard actually takes over a game?  dominated by Rose, embarrassed by Brooks, Wall makes the game winning shot - Rondo is hoping that someone will score so he can just hide in the corner, and Rondo was a complete non-factor against someone who has nowhere near the talent he is teamed with but is completely outplayed by Nash..... After Rondo is destroyed by both Evans and Udrih but his teammates bail him out can we at least attempt a discussion about Rondo's level of being overrated?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

He should have had 17 assists in the phoenix game as he hit wide open players in the hands for wide open shots and they missed them. Same thing as the Laker game but they made the shots. You have no concept of how basketball is and how it is played. I don't believe you even like the game. How many other places do you post your negativity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

You homers always try to blame last years loss on Perk getting hurt.  Always seem to forget Bynum was dragging 1 leg around for the entire series.  A healthy Bynum will destroy KP.  Lakers should have won in 6.
    Posted by Logicalmind

Was he healthy yesterday? I remember him in the first half but where was he in the second half? Did he get tired or something? Bynum is a stiff.

The lakers have a tainted championship and unless you guys win again this year you will have the tainted title forever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy :
    Wouldnt have mattered if Perk played game 7. First off, he wasnt doing all that much to begin with. The Laker bigs were owning ours with the exception of Sheed here and there... and Baby. Secondly, Perk would never offset what the ref's were doing. It didnt matter if Larry & MJ played for us in game 7, that 4th qtr was gonna go the Lakers way no matter what. Im gonna agree with Che here that Shaq should start. Perk should play when Shaq gets tired or in foul trouble. Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE Wow! Now we're blaming the officials?  The Lakers should have won that series in 6 games but the officials carried the Celts to get them to game 7.  A healthy Bynum would have ended it even faster. 
    Posted by Logicalmind

Why do you say "ours"? You are an LA troll..."ours" from your perspective are Gassedol and Bynumb the stiff. And Lamar Kardashian.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey there jofc......welcome back bud!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The biggest difference in yesterday's game was having a healthy KG. It was also the biggest difference between 2008 and 2010.

Before his injury , KG always owned Gasol. Gasol was only considered a " great power forward" after he played better than an injured KG in 2010. KG is back and Gasol is now Gasoft again. KG and Duncan have been the cream of the crop at Power forward for years, and it looks like they will be again this year. 

Time and the play-offs will not change that fact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy:
    The Celtics would not have given up the lead or the offensive rebounds that led to the loss in game 7 last year! Any thoughts?
    Posted by Ortiz123

After coming off 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks in game 1 and playing at about 20% of capacity thereafter, here is what would have happened in games 6 and 7 if Bynum were anywhere near full strength....... crickets..... no game 6, no game 7.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

How many other places do you post your negativity.
    Posted by gtown07

Says the guy who started the mother of all crybaby threads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The biggest Celtic fan heard from again.

Bynum was so dominant yesterday that Jackson took him out at the end to make a point.

Wow,...The Cs must be shaking in their tennis shoes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : After coming off 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks in game 1 and playing at about 20% of capacity thereafter, here is what would have happened in games 6 and 7 if Bynum were anywhere near full strength....... crickets..... no game 6, no game 7.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

In YOUR opinion!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

a healthy bynum is like a healthy yao ming. they both don't exist. I don't think bynum has ever finished a season injury-free. If you're relying on him to be your saviour, best of luck to you

oh and btw, get your facts straight. bynum's massive game was game 2, WHICH THE LAKERS LOST

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

Hey man I wasn't sure if you knew how long and repetitive your posts are.  Reading this is better than a xanax.  There would have been no game 6 or 7 had Bynum had been healthy.  In game 1 he had 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks......... there was no game 6 or 7 with a healthy Bynum.  Sorry to make a poopoo in your pants. Bynum and Gasol did whatever they wanted to today against Perk and Shaq, the only reason the Cs won the game was the defense of BBD.  As odd as it may sound but without his defense the Cs would be going to see Sacramento who just beat the Lakers and Dallas. Rondo did his usual disapearing act - he missed wide open jumpers and did not get to the line but he was able to get the ball to hall of famers against players who had decided that nobody but Kobe was going to beat them. As I have said any number of times, the Cs are the best and deepest team in the league and the Spurs will be watching after the second round because they are a jump shooting team. The Lakers have a more talented front court but do not seem interested in a 3-peat. Therefore, the Cs will win the title in June 2011. One of the most amazing things to me is that if the Cs win a game it is because of talent and depth and when they lose it is the refs. The Cs clearly dominated the game in the second half but it is really hard to imagine for one second that there are any number of other point guards that would not have made the game over in the first half as opposed to the second half. Don't think Rondo took a foul shot.... Derick Rose and any number of other of actual good point guards would have taken lots of freebies in the first half and the game would have been over much earlier. What I heard after the game was that Perkins provided great defense during his time on the floor - what I saw was that Gasol and Bynum did whatever they wanted against both Perk and Shaq and that only Davis' defense and offense is what made their front court the star of the game. The Lakers seem completely disinterested but I am absolutely of the opinion that D Fish is a real weakness and that they are not very deep. I also am on record saying that the Spurs are pretenders because they are a jump shooting team, I thought the Jazz may be a darkhorse but now seeing how Big Al's defense remains ole and he has not improved one iota, the Jazz are not even pretenders let alone contenders. With Butler the Mavs would have been contenders but are no longer even pretenders. That leaves the Spurs and Lakers.  The size of the Lakers when they finally get into the playoffs and assuming they are healhty will be the team to beat. That leaves the Cs and Lakers size as the deciding factors for either the 18th or 17the rings.....  I suggest that the health of either will be the deciding factor and for most of the last 20 years the point guard will be almost a non factor....  Today Rondo...... clang... clang.... clang... clang... clang...... never gets to the line, passes up wide open jumpers and having national guys discuss how Rondo is never covered.... Last 4 losses..... Rose, Brooks, Wall, Nash.......  all had more points and I believe all had more assists.... so when there are bad match ups and other coaches and teams decide to take certain players out of the game... Rondo shows his true colors........ against the 36 year old - 7 points, 6 assists, 7 turnovers, etc....... Is there a point at which there is a point guard who some would like to consider an elite player and elite point guard actually takes over a game?  dominated by Rose, embarrassed by Brooks, Wall makes the game winning shot - Rondo is hoping that someone will score so he can just hide in the corner, and Rondo was a complete non-factor against someone who has nowhere near the talent he is teamed with but is completely outplayed by Nash..... After Rondo is destroyed by both Evans and Udrih but his teammates bail him out can we at least attempt a discussion about Rondo's level of being overrated?
    Posted by Icon11

I lost interest after the first few paragraphs.  You need to organize better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

a healthy bynum is like a healthy yao ming. they both don't exist. I don't think bynum has ever finished a season injury-free. If you're relying on him to be your saviour, best of luck to you oh and btw, get your facts straight. bynum's massive game was game 2, WHICH THE LAKERS LOST
    Posted by teh-n00b

That must explain the 21 points, 14 boards, and 7 blocks in game 1 on one knee and OBTW the reason the Cs discussed obtaining size over and over and over again.

Yao Ming - when healthy, simply the best center in the league bar none not even a close second.  Yeah so I guess Yao Ming is useless.  Can shoot from all over the floor, alters every shot in the paint, hits all his free throws, and so on.  Nobody, I repeat nobody else in the league was even close to Yao when he was healthy.

But of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Of course the popular opinion is that the thug enforcer permanent scowl league leader in technicals whose actual game could not be any more different than his actual game is the difference maker in game 7.

That is like one of the post the other day saying that imagine how good they would have been this year after having going the whole season without their starting 5 - as if starting Shaq has cost them anything at all and how they have given something up by not having Perk as the starter - I cannot laugh any harder than I am right now.

In the first half Bynum and Gasol did whatever they wanted to against Shaq and Perk yesterday - oddly it was not until Big Baby became the defensive stalwart of the second half did the Cs have a chance.

The issue is simple - it goes something like this, if the Cs lose it is the refs or an off day, if they win it is because of who they are.  So Bynum plays really hurt and completely dominates game 1 and there are those that think there was nobody other than Gasol who was the MVP in the finals but somehow if a journeyman center was there for game 7 the Cs would have raised #18.  The absent of other players on other teams does not matter - it is only important when the home team is missing someone.

They could all be rapists, murderers, and pedophiles but if they are healthy, the team wins but when healthy, there is not an objective basketball fan on the planet who not trade Perk for Bynum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Go KG and the C's!!!!!! Stay healthy " THE WORLD IS YOURS!!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

there is not an objective basketball fan on the planet who not trade Perk for Bynum

perkules... er... perkins has a work ethic and a fire in his belly that bynum will never begin to approach. i'd take kendrick over andrew any day. in spite of the talent deficit. any day. then again, i'm not particularly objective. ha!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Perk is definitely a factor, but there's a bigger reason why LA won game 7:  For once, they managed to play as a team.  Kobe didn't put up 30 that game...in fact, I don't think he even put up 20.

LA moved the ball on offense and clamped down on their team defense.  THey beat the C's fair and square, but it has nothing to do with one player.  Last night, Kobe tried to draw Pierce into basically a duel, and PP woudn't bite. Kobe had 41 and LA lost by 13. 

Please, Kobe, please keep disregarding the two cutters in favor of your off-balance, off-footed jump shot with two in your face.  Then whine and shrug that you didn't get the call while Rondo drives past you for an alley-oop to KG.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Half of the season is almost over,
    The Celtics was winning without Perk.
    The combination of Shaq-Big baby & Semih works. Shaq needs the center of attention to perform better. 
    If Perk takes the chunk of Shaq's minutes, Shaq will lost interest & downhill from here. I expect Shaq to play better yesterday againts Kobe & in LA  but he lost his fire - I know why.
    Everyone pointing the attention to Perk. Big mistakes.
    Shaq came to town for little money but big hope.

Solution: Shaq should always starts - rotate Semih & Perk.

How can you disagree when they are winning without Perk?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

The Celtics would have won Game 7 if it was in Boston.
    Posted by Mike1986

The C's would have won game seven if the refs were competent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : That must explain the 21 points, 14 boards, and 7 blocks in game 1 on one knee and OBTW the reason the Cs discussed obtaining size over and over and over again. Yao Ming - when healthy, simply the best center in the league bar none not even a close second.  Yeah so I guess Yao Ming is useless.  Can shoot from all over the floor, alters every shot in the paint, hits all his free throws, and so on.  Nobody, I repeat nobody else in the league was even close to Yao when he was healthy. But of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. Of course the popular opinion is that the thug enforcer permanent scowl league leader in technicals whose actual game could not be any more different than his actual game is the difference maker in game 7. That is like one of the post the other day saying that imagine how good they would have been this year after having going the whole season without their starting 5 - as if starting Shaq has cost them anything at all and how they have given something up by not having Perk as the starter - I cannot laugh any harder than I am right now. In the first half Bynum and Gasol did whatever they wanted to against Shaq and Perk yesterday - oddly it was not until Big Baby became the defensive stalwart of the second half did the Cs have a chance. The issue is simple - it goes something like this, if the Cs lose it is the refs or an off day, if they win it is because of who they are.  So Bynum plays really hurt and completely dominates game 1 and there are those that think there was nobody other than Gasol who was the MVP in the finals but somehow if a journeyman center was there for game 7 the Cs would have raised #18.  The absent of other players on other teams does not matter - it is only important when the home team is missing someone. They could all be rapists, murderers, and pedophiles but if they are healthy, the team wins but when healthy, there is not an objective basketball fan on the planet who not trade Perk for Bynum.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

you're not listening to me, not that I'm particularly surprised. my point was that yao and bynum are both quality players, but they can't be relied upon to finish a season as they are always getting injured.

my other point which you also totally ignored was that bynum's 21/14/7 game was game 2, not game 1, and the celtics won that game, so clearly his dominance wasn't enough

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Inmost articles inlcuding in some LA blogs..the consensus is that the Celtics are a tough defensive minded team that plays with a complete team mindset versus the
    more individualistic mentality of KOBY. Pierce and Ray are very efficient with their offense and rarely try and do too much. Doc continually preaches against this HERO ball mentality and I think their is a leadership by commitee with the Big Three. In la, its koby's team and what he says goes. No way that doc would let Pierce take that many shots during an important game or in the playoffs for that matter. When you don't know where the points are coming from, it much tougher to defend against and also keeps everybody in the flow of the game. I was shocked to hear Jackson say that no body else WANTED the ball!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : After coming off 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks in game 1 and playing at about 20% of capacity thereafter, here is what would have happened in games 6 and 7 if Bynum were anywhere near full strength....... crickets..... no game 6, no game 7.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Oh really. Was Bynum healthy Sunday? If he was then he is a stiff and your post is a joke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: This is exactly what would have happened in Game 7 with Perk & KG Healthy : The C's would have won game seven if the refs were competent.
    Posted by greenkillme

There wouldn't have been a game 7 if Bynum were healthy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I thought Bynum looked like a sloth on Sunday, slow and deliberate.

I would take the 2009-2010 Celtics team with health over the 2009-2010 Lakers with health.  ... oh wait, isn't that what happened on Sunday?

Sections
Shortcuts