This is how officials do their job

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

This is how officials do their job

Former NBA ref tells why Refs influence games.
    Donaghy: NBA Ref Marc Davis blew the call causing Rondo bumping

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re: This is how officials do their job

In Response to This is how officials do their job:
    [QUOTE]Former NBA ref tells why Refs influence games. Donaghy: NBA Ref Marc Davis blew the call causing Rondo bumping
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone believe what Donaghy has to say

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job:
    [QUOTE]In Response to This is how officials do their job : Why would anyone believe what Donaghy has to say
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]

The interview doesn't ask you to believe anything. It speaks directly to the culture within NBA refs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Donaghy is bitter, a liar and a criminal.
    I think it's funny that a Boston radio station called him to ask his opinion about the Rondo incident.
    After they got off the phone with Donaghy, did they call Tommy to get his opinion?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Donaghy is bitter, a liar and a criminal. I think it's funny that a Boston radio station called him to ask his opinion about the Rondo incident. After they got off the phone with Donaghy, did they call Tommy to get his opinion?
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

no but im sure as he ll noone would ask for your opinion since you are a complete moron

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : no but im sure as he ll noone would ask for your opinion since you are a complete moron
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

All you do on this website is complain and make excuses.
    I realize you have mental issues but can you try harder to add some value?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

It does not matter what Donaghy has to say.  This ball is entirely in Rondo's court.  Possibly Davis blew the call.  But if the Celts had made some key shots, they would not be this desperate for calls.  Altanta made the shots with the game on the line.

Here is hoping that the Celts step it up for game 2!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : All you do on this website is complain and make excuses. I realize you have mental issues but can you try harder to add some value?
    With all your multiple identities and trolling extroardinaire you are telling someone they have mental issues. Take a good look in the mirror son.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : With all your multiple identities and trolling extroardinaire you are telling someone they have mental issues. Take a good look in the mirror son.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You need to stick to bashing Ray Allen for not playing.
    You are completely disloyal to a great Celtics player.
    You should go back an delete that thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : You need to stick to bashing Ray Allen for not playing. You are completely disloyal to a great Celtics player. You should go back an delete that thread.

and you should just delete your account because everyone here knows you are a buffoon......

and about the earlier comment, i add plenty to this thread, you only write these cheesy two liners that are wrong most of the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : and you should just delete your account because everyone here knows you are a buffoon...... and about the earlier comment, i add plenty to this thread, you only write these cheesy two liners that are wrong most of the time.
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Hey, I enjoy your posts...I also think there is nothing on this thread that should make anyone want to "defend" the lakers, do you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : Hey, I enjoy your posts...I also think there is nothing on this thread that should make anyone want to "defend" the lakers, do you?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

haha absolutely not......the lakers are a joke.....i can tell why some of their fans like them though, they have the same personalities. And its sad too because there are plenty of cool lakers fan and a few on here, but the morons seem to ruin it for them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

There were several questionable calls but they were not responsible for the atrocious shooting from Pierce, Garnett and Bradley.  And Rondo should know better than to blow up in a four-point game.  Without his T's, the Celts still had a chance!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Some people miss the whole point of the Marc Davis discussion ... it's not about whether we won or why ... It's about the integrity of the game, damn it! Regardless of how poor the C's were playing, Davis should be calling what he sees, not looking for something to call for or against a team or even ignoring calls when not incidental. Now, this event has stirred interest in the ref's last game here on 4/11 and even game calls made back in 2009 for a playoff game against the Bulls where it's pointed out that he had family at that game wearing Chicago fans garb and indicating he lives in Chicago as well. Fans start connecting the dots, even if there are none. How can a league maintain integrity when stuff like this happens over and over ... impartiality of the refs disappears when one ref consistantly makes bad calls or calls against one team only and not the other. This guy just seems to be outright bad and is that the best the NBA can do?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Davis did call what he saw.
    He saw a foul so he called it.
    Get over it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : He just missed the travel call before the face rake right ... he watched until there was 3 seconds left on the possession and then blows a foul after the ball leaves Smith's hands for some reason ignoring the rest of the action.

He called the foul as Smith was throwing the ball.
    A foul is a foul.
    It was not a loose ball. Smith had posession of it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : Exactly ... when he rolled over on top of Bass's arms he got complete control and only after tossing the ball to a teammate does Davis call the foul with 3 secs remaining in the possession. How does Smith have possession and get to roll over on the floor and toss the ball w/o being whistled for the travel before being raked across the face as Bass tries in vain to get his hands back on the ball? That's not objective ... that's calling what you want to call... a foul rather than a travel!

It was not a travel.
    He didn't take any steps.
    He was on the ground the whole time.
    You are really grasping for something that is not there.
    The foul was called when Bass had his arms over Smith's arms as he was trying to throw the ball.
    He probably would have let the contact to Smith's head go but had to call a foul when Bass was all over his arms.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : He called the foul as Smith was throwing the ball. A foul is a foul. It was not a loose ball. Smith had posession of it.
    A jump ball should have been called before Smith got near the ball. If you had any sense of objectivity you would understand this.  But you are a troll looking to infect this BB with your unique and troubling fixation on a team 3000 miles away.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: This is how officials do their job": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : no but im sure as he ll noone would ask for your opinion since you are a complete moron Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE] Good one! I laughed out loud so hard my wife had to ask me what I was laughing at.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: This is how officials do their job": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : You can't roll on the floor once you have possession ... you can slide down the floor trying to get possession but once you have it in both hands you cannot stand up or roll over with the ball. Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Correct.....it's traveling! That ref blew it on so many fronts, including the call just before that where he CLEARLY missed the Hawks knocking the ball out. He didn't even think about reviewing the call or asking another ref. he's an idiot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : A jump ball should have been called before Smith got near the ball. If you had any sense of objectivity you would understand this.  But you are a troll looking to infect this BB with your unique and troubling fixation on a team 3000 miles away.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

If there should have been a jump ball before Smith got near it, who would have it been with?
    The Celtics aren't 3000 miles from me.
    Good try.