This is how officials do their job

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: This is how officials do their job

All day it was a jump ball and now when Celtics fans could see there was no jump ball, they want to call traveling.

This is getting really funny.

When Atlanta pressures PP 30 feet from the hoop tomorrow and he has to give up the ball, it will be hilarious for Bradley to try to be a pg against Teague.

Too bad Red was kicked off this board....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Shouldn't have been in that position.......can't leave it up to them!!  We need to win outright next game............can't blame the refs, we were too far behind!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Isn't is crazy how all of the referees and Stern have an agenda against the Celtics... UGH!!!

Boston played a dreadful game.
    Rondo made a dreadful decision. (Again).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job:
    [QUOTE]Some people miss the whole point of the Marc Davis discussion ... it's not about whether we won or why ... It's about the integrity of the game, damn it! Regardless of how poor the C's were playing, Davis should be calling what he sees, not looking for something to call for or against a team or even ignoring calls when not incidental. Now, this event has stirred interest in the ref's last game here on 4/11 and even game calls made back in 2009 for a playoff game against the Bulls where it's pointed out that he had family at that game wearing Chicago fans garb and indicating he lives in Chicago as well. Fans start connecting the dots, even if there are none. How can a league maintain integrity when stuff like this happens over and over ... impartiality of the refs disappears when one ref consistantly makes bad calls or calls against one team only and not the other. This guy just seems to be outright bad and is that the best the NBA can do?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You, my friend, have hit the point of this discussion right on the head. Although, the rest of the posts trying to debate logically with an insane person was somewhat comical

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : You can't roll on the floor once you have possession ... you can slide down the floor trying to get possession but once you have it in both hands you cannot stand up or roll over with the ball. Examples Any action where the pivot foot is lifted and returned to the floor, or dragged along the floor. Lifting the pivot foot, taking multiple steps, or shuffling the feet before starting a dribble. See example videos . While holding the ball, jumping and returning to the floor without releasing the ball. While holding the ball on the floor, attempting to roll over or stand up. You lose as usual ... now go back to your Laker cave and stay out of my house!

Where did you find these rules?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Here's the NBA rule for Traveling.

Section XIV-Traveling
    a. A player who receives the ball while standing still may pivot, using either foot as the pivot foot.
    b. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may use a two-count rhythm in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball.
    The first count occurs:
    (1) As he receives the ball, if either foot is touching the floor at the time he receives it.
    (2) As the foot touches the floor, or as both feet touch the floor simultane- ously after he receives the ball, if both feet are off the floor when he receives it.
    The second occurs:
    (1) After the count of one when either foot touches the floor, or both feet touch the floor simultaneously.
    c. A player who comes to a stop on the count of one may pivot, using either foot as the pivot foot.
    d. A player who comes to a stop on the count of two, with one foot in advance of the other, may pivot using only the rear foot as the pivot foot.
    e. A player who comes to a stop on the count of two, with neither foot in advance of the other, may use either foot as the pivot foot.
    f. In starting a dribble after (1) receiving the ball while standing still, or (2) coming to a legal stop, the ball must be out of the player's hand before the pivot foot is raised off the floor.
    g. If a player, with the ball in his possession, raises his pivot foot off the floor, he must pass or shoot before his pivot foot returns to the floor. If he drops the ball while in the air, he may not be the first to touch the ball.
    h. A player who falls to the floor while holding the ball, or while coming to a stop, may not gain an advantage by sliding.
    i. A player who attempts a field goal may not be the first to touch the ball if it fails to touch the backboard, basket ring or another player.
    PENALTY: Loss of ball. The ball is awarded to the opposing team at the sideline, nearest spot of the violation but no nearer the baseline than the foul line extended.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : you're an idiot ... I'm ashamed to say I was a CT native with your moronic posts. Again, it's not a even a question re the Celtics, it's the entire league. Don't you get it ... look, listen to this audio from the 7 minute mark. The host makes a valid point about the game reffed by Davis here on 4/11 against the Hawks. The Vegas point spread was three and we ended up winning by two in OT. GET IT???? http://boston.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd1%2Fd0%2FdE%2FdF%2FdH%2F10EFH_3.MP3&podcast_name=Rondo+Ejected+As+Celtics+Drop+Game+1&podcast_artist=Felger+and+Massarotti&station_id=20629&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.BOSTON

You are a pathetic conspiracy theorist.
    OMG Las Vegas was one point off on their prediction...
    Grow up. Your a baby.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

At the 12:00 mark, the radio guy said he agrred with the Bass foul call.
    LOL. Told you.

Where did you find those traveling rules?
    Did you make them up or copy and paste them from a middle-school league rulebook?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : those two cover it ... I posted a recap of examples.

Neither of those apply.
    Where did you find your traveling rules?
    You made that up...
    You are so pathetic.

Another win for me.
    Check.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : Neither of those apply. Where did you find your traveling rules? You made that up... You are so pathetic.   Another win for me. Check.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Hey girl, no win for you. You lost ages ago

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : Hey girl, no win for you. You lost ages ago
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

I win All Day, Every Day.
    My biggest win was when Rondo chest bumped the ref.
    That was PRICELESS.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : those aren't my words ... that's what others are saying ... why do you think people question the integrity of the officiating. Who can believe Stern when he said the NBA investigated and found Donaghy was an "isolated" incident with stuff like this happening regularly?

Stuff like this happening...
    Like a foul being called when a player is getting mugged?

That was so funny that you made up NBA traveling rules...
    You should e-mail them to the Competition Committee.
    Maybe they will give you a coupon to buy a brain.

I have to give you some credit for taking brutal beatings here but you keep trying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : Once Smith has control as soon as one foot touches the floor that becomes his pivot foot. when he lifts it again and touches the floor w/o first passing the ball (hence the roll over) then he travels. Same with the stand up. Once a player attempts to get up from the floor with the ball he must not move the foot that first touched the floor upon possession. Goodnite Fierce!

Good try.
    Go cry with Tommy.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]Donaghy is bitter, a liar and a criminal. I think it's funny that a Boston radio station called him to ask his opinion about the Rondo incident. After they got off the phone with Donaghy, did they call Tommy to get his opinion?

Astute call Mark. Have you noticed that every playoff loss the celtics rack up is only because of the refs??!!

Hilariously dumb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Neither of those apply. Where did you find your traveling rules? You made that up... You are so pathetic.   Another win for me. Check. I win All Day, Every Day. My biggest win was when Rondo chest bumped the ref. That was PRICELESS. Isn't is crazy how all of the referees and Stern have an agenda against the Celtics... UGH!!! What's that saying Fierce? If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it must be a duck? Nice job setting up your new alias a month or two before officially leaving the board. Great cover, being the Laker troll so you can get away with anything and argue all night like you usually do ... yep, Mark's become a regular around here. Almost as prolific with the comments and even the threads as you were when posting as Fierce.

Now a conspiracy theory between me and Fierce?
    You might want to talk to somebody about your issues...

It's funny how you change the subject when you get destroyed.

Fierce amd I spend much time schooling you about how much the Celtics can spend this summer. I hope you finally (I doubt it) were able to grasp the CBA rules including cap holds...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : Astute call Mark. Have you noticed that every playoff loss the celtics rack up is only because of the refs??!! Hilariously dumb.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Celtics fans will never say if the corruption is a mandate from Stern or if the referees are just individually crooked...

To go along with the referees, there's always the injuries excuse too.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : that's the rouse ... you should have been natural enemies him a Celtic and you a Laker but you worked together arguing with others and myself in tag-team fashion thus setting up his replacement. And what better means to argue with the posters on these boards than as a Laker fan for the next five months. I'm not playing along and will put you on ignore if not for being Fierce for being an idiot Laker Fan from CT. IGNORE

Sorry, I have never lived in CT.
    Do you think my name is Mark too?
    Born yesterday...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how officials do their job : Sorry, I have never lived in CT. Do you think my name is Mark too? Born yesterday...

+1

Sections
Shortcuts